Intro and order - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
Intro and order

Well will finally make it official and introduce myself belatedly. I found out about fiberglass trailers and started checking fiberglassrv.com about a year and a half ago. I've been tent camping for years. Being 6'4" I started looking at ones with more height. First I liked Parkliners but being far away in California and their issues...... then saw the Lil Snoozy info and that was what I was focusing on. It really grabbed me.

Those who say to people researching to go to a rally are right. I went to the King City rally at San Lorenzo park, thanks Marianne, and among others checked out an Escape. Thanks Mark. I'd heard about them but wasn't really looking closely, for some reason I was thinking they were made on the east coast of Canada.

The Lil Snoozy layout had some things that I really liked. After seeing the Escape 19 and realizing I could modify to equal that I started looking closer. Joined escapeforum.org and have been looking at build photos and lists. Several emails to the company, replied to right away, fantastic customer service. I'm at the point, a bit over 5 years from retiring early, that I could buy new and the exchange rate is helpful now.

So I now have a deposit down on an Escape 19. Due March 21st 2016 though won't be able to get up there and pick up till next May.

Once I retire I'm planning long trips, been following rvsue's blog among others and would like to do the less crowded places, blm land etc. I'm an ex electronic engineer, now working for a school district as electrician/locksmith/whatever needs done. So can and will modify things and can repair things.

Already working on a build list I'll post soon and get suggestions. I've already put a huge amount of stuff on it, been looking at the mods not on the official list, etc. Seems I want them all ;-)

I hope to take a much closer look at CADreamin's 19 soon. That will answer some questions and I'm sure introduce others as I plan.

Now the long wait begins.

Jeff
Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Good choice, Jeff! That is nice that you are more than handy and can make whatever changes you wish.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to our little escape world, Jeff. You will find a wealth of info here. I'll be crushing up your area in about a week on my way up to Osoyoos, BC for the annual Escape Rally. You should see us, about 110 of shiny Eggs all scattered throughout the campground, You could have all your questions answered there.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Congratulations Jeff! Great job doing your homework. I know of no Escape owner who wishes they bought another brand of fiberglass trailer. Wise choice.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Welcome Jeff. You said that now the long wait begins. I will gently warn you that it is not going to be as long as you think. Cathy and I were up to Chilliwack last September, chose a 21 and put down money for an end of August delivery. Now here it is May with our build sheet due June first. One thing about a deadline, it makes you get something done in a hurry. Will talk to Crystal and Fedex the build sheet and check out on Tuesday. There are now getting to be so many choices that you start to get confused. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #6

Thanks all for the welcome.

Jim, I wish I could see that rally. Now with picking up sometime in May next year I'll have to keep an eye on the Escape Rally timing.

Loren, I can see the time will go fast. One reason I'm working on the build list now and want to get close as fast as I can. Seeing all the choices and additional mods is amazing. Already introducing 'feature creep' into my design ;-) Plus my own ideas. When I post my first pass at a build list I'll make comments about thought process on each of the big things.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Jeff,

Welcome! The California Central Coast seems to be filling up with Escapes. If Jan (CADreaming) isn't available you're welcome to look at my 19. Anytime after the Osoyoos Rally.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Jeff,

Welcome! The California Central Coast seems to be filling up with Escapes. If Jan (CADreaming) isn't available you're welcome to look at my 19. Anytime after the Osoyoos Rally.

We may eventually be able to have our own rally

I've set up a time to see Jan's end of the month. I'm getting so many ideas just seeing pictures I would at some point like to take a closer look at yours also. Seeing the variations in person makes a difference. Will get back to you after the rally. Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-18-2015, 08:03 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Congrats Jeff, have fun with the build list!
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote