introducing ourselves - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Escape-"Song"
introducing ourselves

Hello to the Escape community,

My spouse and I decided to try a brand new adventure--exploring this beautiful continent with a travel trailer in tow. Our Escape 21 is to be ready August 31st; we look forward to taking off with our little dog Cooper and his feline friend Sid. We are total newbies at this, and have had the good fortune to meet fellow Escape owners here on the Olympic Peninsula who have been most generous with their time and expertise to help us get started in the right direction (thank you Carla Jean and Ned!). I’ve been lurking on the forum for several months, and I am so impressed with how generous people are with sharing their knowledge and experiences. It’s already been tremendously helpful. But we still have many questions, especially as we close to finalizing our options list, which I will start to post soon. Looking forward to being part of this community.
Linda, Ken, Cooper and Sid
linheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome aboard.

You are going to enjoy your new trailer, and the travels you go on. Can't beat being introduced to an Escape better than with Carla Jean and Ned.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Welcome! You are in good hands with Carla Jean and Ned!

Regards,

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Since you are relatively close, why not visit the Escape Rally in Osoyoos, BC- there will be over a hundred Escape lined up for viewing, seeing them can give you lots of ideas. 5/25-5/28
for more info http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ally-8767.html
Old 04-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #5

Thanks for the welcomes! We can't make the gathering this May, but hope to join in next year.
Linda
Old 05-01-2017, 12:34 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by linheu View Post

My spouse and I decided to try a brand new adventure--exploring this beautiful continent with a travel trailer in tow. Our Escape 21 is to be ready August 31st; we look forward to taking off with our little dog Cooper and his feline friend Sid. We are total newbies at this, and have had the good fortune to meet fellow Escape owners here on the Olympic Peninsula who have been most generous with their time and expertise to help us get started in the right direction (thank you Carla Jean and Ned!). I’ve been lurking on the forum for several months, and I am so impressed with how generous people are with sharing their knowledge and experiences. It’s already been tremendously helpful. But we still have many questions, especially as we close to finalizing our options list, which I will start to post soon. Looking forward to being part of this community.
Welcome! We are less than an hour from you in Bremerton. We go to Pt. Townsend 3 or 4 times a year. Feel free to PM if you want to see our 2013 '19 for ideas. We are relatively new to the community ourselves having bought Esacpe from a forum member in October. But we are not new to trailer camping. Just spent two weeks camping on Orcas Island. Love our Esacape!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 19 picked up March 2015
Hello and Welcome

Quote:

Hi, Linda and Ken, Welcome to the Escape family! My husband and I live in PT also and have a 2 year old Escape 19. If you have any questions or would like to see our 19, we would be happy to help.
Cheers, Sandi and Dave
Snadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:

Welcome to you all. You chose well. You will find that there is a wealth of information on the forum from present owners. Hope it helps with your questions.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
introducing ourselves

Welcome. The Escape is the best trailer in the history of trailers and possibly the best RV in the entire universe. So great! [emoji12]
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:47 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:

Welcome!

You'll love it... we love ours.

Now the first big question - what will you tow with?

p.s. get ready for a debate of the merits of one tug vs another.

John
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes! We can't make the gathering this May, but hope to join in next year.
Linda
Hi: linheu... Welcome!!! You have made a good decision for your trailer and as far as a tow vehicle be prepared to be tugged this way and that on the forum. If you already have one then..."Love the one your with". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #12

Hi All,
Thanks again for the great welcome! We have a 2017 Toyota Highlander to pull our Escape 21 (it was either a Highlander or a Honda Pilot, but we are long-time Toyota owners so...). And yes, I've read enough on the forum to know that there are many opinions about the "right" vehicle---but this is as it should be! For those of you near or relatively near I'll definitely be in touch.
Linda
Old 05-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Welcome to the group. I've found the Escape forum to be a wealth of information and help in choosing options or making mods. I picked up my 17B in March. Couldn't be happier with it.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Hi All,
Thanks again for the great welcome! We have a 2017 Toyota Highlander to pull our Escape 21 (it was either a Highlander or a Honda Pilot, but we are long-time Toyota owners so...). And yes, I've read enough on the forum to know that there are many opinions about the "right" vehicle---but this is as it should be! For those of you near or relatively near I'll definitely be in touch.
Linda
Linda - we will be using our 2016 Highlander XLE to tow our brand new 21'. Welcome and happy travels!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Linda - we will be using our 2016 Highlander XLE to tow our brand new 21'. Welcome and happy travels!
Hi: thoer... Welcome to the "On the edge towers"!!! We're a hardy bunch undeterred by those who need a spare percentage of load and towed capacity for whatever reason. We have towed a 5.0 and now a 5.0TA with the same 2010 Nissan Frontier truck and never felt unsafe or in the way. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: thoer... Welcome to the "On the edge towers"!!! We're a hardy bunch undeterred by those who need a spare percentage of load and towed capacity for whatever reason. We have towed a 5.0 and now a 5.0TA with the same 2010 Nissan Frontier truck and never felt unsafe or in the way. Alf
Alf, I was inspired toward the Highlander by two guys I respect very much, Iowa Dave and Leon W. I am also of the belief that the engineers who design and test vehicles know more about the actual capabilities of the those vehicles than internet experts. Given that I live in the mostly flat Midwest, and we use the Highlander for other purposes besides towing Escapes, it will spend about 99%+ of its life in low stress situations and those infrequent mountain passes will be good "exercise" for it! (Back in the old days we used to call it "blowing the carbon out")

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote