Introduction and a quick visit to Escape! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Introduction and a quick visit to Escape!

Hello to all.

I have been on the forum for a while and learning a lot from all the great members. My wife and I are in the market for a TT when we begin the next phase of our life next year (retirement!). After exhaustive research we have selected Escape as our trailer of choice after all the great testimonials on this forum and others. Our plan is to secure a position in the production line for August of 2015 so we have a long and agonizing wait. We are also in Texas (Coldspring just north of Houston) so we are also looking forward to joining the Texas contingent of Escape owners.

Now for the fun part. I am in Vancouver on business this week and took the chance to visit ETI yesterday (Monday). I knew in advance it was a holiday and even called ahead and Rhonda told me they would be closed. Well I went anyway and thought I could just peer through the fence. Imagine my surprise that both Tammy and Reace were at the building using the holiday to get caught up while things were quite. I even offered to come back on Tuesday and Tammy said absolutely not and took the time to show me around and answered all my questions. I was really impressed with their hospitality even on their day off.

We are planning another visit in August so my wife can see the trailers first hand and we can make our final selection even though we are seriously leaning towards the 19. All is great now and ETI, Tammy and Reace exceeded my expectations.

I know how much everyone likes pictures so I will try to post one as well. Taken yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Sweet! ETI really extends themselves when it comes to customer service.

Did you see any 5ers in the production line?

Thanks for sharing your story.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Hard to wait : - )
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I would certainly not encourage bugging Reace and Tammy on a holiday, but on the other hand it was an inspired time to visit, since you could see around without interfering with production work. I most recently visited on a weekday morning and was politely offered a tour at noon, while the production workers were on lunch - that seemed entirely reasonable to me, but I had to get on with my trip so I passed.

So Donna: no, I didn't see what was on the production line. The 5.0 display unit was still the original 5.0 design.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: JStelly...And WELCOME to the ever growing Escape Family Affair. So far you have made the right choice... and been lucky enough to experience the warm hospitality of Tammy& Reace. It gets better from here on in and by the time your trailer is ready for you, you will be ready for it!!!
I hope you got a glimpse of "Escape Hatch II" as she is ready for our June 3rd. orientation and maiden voyage. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
004.JPG   086.JPG   087.JPG   091.JPG  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
So Donna: no, I didn't see what was on the production line. The 5.0 display unit was still the original 5.0 design.
Ahh, well technically that's not a display unit no more since it's ours.
I believe there's a fee for showing your escape to prospect buyers so please make sure to mention our name when you place your order.

I hope you like what you saw.
Seef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Yes! If you look closely at the photo there is a 5.0 TA behind the trailer on the left. Tammy showed it to me. it's about 95 percent complete. Just some final touch up work. Someone is going to be very happy! It's a beauty.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I would certainly not encourage bugging Reace and Tammy on a holiday, but on the other hand it was an inspired time to visit, since you could see around without interfering with production work. I most recently visited on a weekday morning and was politely offered a tour at noon, while the production workers were on lunch - that seemed entirely reasonable to me, but I had to get on with my trip so I passed.

You are absolutely right. I even offered to come back on Tuesday a regular work day and they insisted I visit. I tried not to impose and be respectful of their time on their day off hence I didn't get a good look at the production line. I stayed outside in the yard and got a good look inside and outside of a 17, 19, 21 and 5.0. It was great and very helpful.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
Yes! If you look closely at the photo there is a 5.0 TA behind the trailer on the left. Tammy showed it to me. it's about 95 percent complete. Just some final touch up work. Someone is going to be very happy! It's a beauty.
My mistake. The 5.0 is actually behind the 21 in the center of the photo. Tammy was very proud of it.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
I'm betting it was Alf's! When I visited ETI several weeks ago, there were items that needed to be finished. ETI was waiting to receive some of those items from their suppliers.

And I agree, it was wonderful... oh Alf.. you are going to be MOST PLEASED!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seef View Post
Ahh, well technically that's not a display unit no more since it's ours.
True, it was just after you bought it and I didn't even get inside the unit that time - it probably wouldn't have been opened for me, although it was still parked in the display row. I did see inside on an earlier trip - you've got a nice trailer!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote