Inverter Questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21
We use the inverter to make coffee, run the microwave and vitamix. I am too impatient to wait for my coffee. I love waking up to fresh brewed coffee. We do use a generator to help charge the batteries, the solar can’t keep them fully charged after a few days of using the inverter
Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:43 PM   #22
Rgb

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Love love love our built in Inverter and Solar. We use the microwave, tv, dvd, lights, massager, etc. Love that every outlet accommodates the inverter. We have never run out of battery power, solar works great for us. These are options we are very glad we have.
Rgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry L View Post
We are debating whether or not to have Escape install its inverter when building our rv. Is it sufficient for tasks like tv, microwave, etc? Is it pure sine or modified? Will Escape prewire for an inverter so one can be easily installed at a later date?

Thanks. Larry L

In our new 21', we use the inverter for :

TV, Microwave, Hair Dryer, Recharging things, coffee maker, etc,...

I do use a portable solar panel to top the batteries off during the daytime.

I don't know if it's pure sine.

I bet they would pre-wire if you asked/paid them to

We like it !
Old 08-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
In our new 21', we use the inverter for :

TV, Microwave, Hair Dryer, Recharging things, coffee maker, etc,...

I do use a portable solar panel to top the batteries off during the daytime.

I don't know if it's pure sine.

I bet they would pre-wire if you asked/paid them to

We like it !
If it was installed by Escape, it's a pure sine wave inverter. I believe the one they are currently installing is this Samlex, with the remote:

http://www.samlexamerica.com/product...l.aspx?pid=110
Old 08-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #25

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
In addition to other things already mentioned that others use their inverters for, we use ours for an immersion blender and recharging an electric toothbrush (both of which could be done on a small plug in inverter), as well as an Instant Pot (which could definitely not be done on a plug in inverter). We use the inverter pretty often as we rarely plug in. Dual solar panels keep batteries full in no time.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I installed the Samlex inverter, WFCO transfer switch, 200A DC fuse assembly, #00 or whatever cables, etc myself in an effort to save a few hundred dollars. Which I did. I used to work for an electrical equip mfr and have a lot of training and have built my own stereo equip, so I knew what I was doing. But honestly after all was said and done it was a lot of work and research and I did not save as much as I thought I would. And had I not known what I was doing I could have caused a lot of damage drilling holes through fiberglass and connecting everything up if I had done anything incorrectly. Wrong size wire or incorrect connections to the transfer switch, etc.
Now as for using the inverter, we use it primarily for the microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer and maybe charging a laptop. Probably too noisy and on too long for use with TV.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:53 AM   #27

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Regarding the couple of posts about charging items over usb quickly, this is probably the DC charger to get.

https://www.amazon.com/GearMo-Power-...70_&dpSrc=srch

Does both USB Power Delivery and Quickcharge and also high voltage/amperage combinations.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
So, does anyone know which is the latest brand/model of inverter that ETI’s is installing?

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #29

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Inverter

We picked up our 19 on Oct 1, we have had it 8 days. The inverter installed in ours is a Go Power.
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 AM   #30

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
We picked up our 19 on Oct 1, we have had it 8 days. The inverter installed in ours is a Go Power.

Thanks!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
We recently received our 2018 5.0 TA and it also had the Go Power ISW 1500. I will note that we also have solar and the Go Power solar controller, not sure if that has any impact on which inverter gets installed or if they are all Go Power now. I found that the Inverter is compatible with the solar controller and after adding a phone line between the two I could turn the inverter on/off from the solar controller.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
We recently received our 2018 5.0 TA and it also had the Go Power ISW 1500. I will note that we also have solar and the Go Power solar controller, not sure if that has any impact on which inverter gets installed or if they are all Go Power now. I found that the Inverter is compatible with the solar controller and after adding a phone line between the two I could turn the inverter on/off from the solar controller.
Which inverter you have depends on when your trailer was built. For example, I have a 21 that was delivered on August 19th, 2017. It has a GoPower GP-HS1500 (which has been discontinued for at least 2 years). Others have different manufacturers, but Escape currently seems to go with GoPower for the inverters & solar panels / controllers.

By the way, if you wish to stop standing on your head to turn on & off the inverter (the solar controller is used to do the switching in my trailer) and you have the GoPower GP-HS1500, don't order the GP-ISW-R Remote. It is compatible with the current GoPower inverters, but not the older GP-HS1500. The simple push button only GP-SW-Remote works with either.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #33

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
I installed the Samlex inverter, WFCO transfer switch, 200A DC fuse assembly, #00 or whatever cables, etc myself in an effort to save a few hundred dollars. Which I did. I used to work for an electrical equip mfr and have a lot of training and have built my own stereo equip, so I knew what I was doing. But honestly after all was said and done it was a lot of work and research and I did not save as much as I thought I would. And had I not known what I was doing I could have caused a lot of damage drilling holes through fiberglass and connecting everything up if I had done anything incorrectly. Wrong size wire or incorrect connections to the transfer switch, etc.
Now as for using the inverter, we use it primarily for the microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer and maybe charging a laptop. Probably too noisy and on too long for use with TV.
Is the inverter noisy??
Old 01-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
The cooling fan is somewhat noisy.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #35

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Is the inverter noisy??
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
The cooling fan is somewhat noisy.
But Escape installs Go Power inverters now. I wonder if users of those find them noisy?
Old 01-12-2019, 09:01 AM   #36

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
The only problem I had with my inverter was slight nervousness over cutting a hole in the under-seat wall for it. I got over that. Really like seeing the display and having the extra duplex outlets. If it makes noise I've never noticed.
Attached Thumbnails
Invert6.jpg  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Running a CPAP

Does anyone know how much running a CPAP machine will draw down your batteries each night?
mconrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #38

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconrath View Post
Does anyone know how much running a CPAP machine will draw down your batteries each night?

That depends on your specific CPAP machine and your battery setup. We have dual 6V batteries rated at 225 amp hours, and my CPAP uses up to 3.75 A, but not really as I don’t use the heat/humidifier options. Look at your unit to find how much it is supposed to use then do the math. Or use a Kill-a-watt meter for a fer sure measurement of use.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #39

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
wow i do not understand any of that ! i do have a small inverter that i have used for the TV and a laptop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civi View Post
And I thought I was the only one. Carl

Me three! We have the inverter and I have yet to use it. I'm not really sure what all I'd use it for. Don't have a microwave in there. Doubt it's strong enough to run my electric cooktop (used when plugged in to shore power) that I use instead of the propane cooktop. Guess I could use it for the laptop. I have a 12v convertor device for when I run my sound machine at night. And small 12v converter plugs for charging the phone.

So, do you plug directly into the inverter or can you use any outlet in the trailer after it's been turned on?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
So, do you plug directly into the inverter or can you use any outlet in the trailer after it's been turned on?
I can use any outlet in the trailer, because I paid for the option to have that done when I got the inverter. Otherwise, you get one outlet only, and then what's the point?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote