Is That Whats Bothering You Bunkie - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 04:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Casita upgraded to 2017 Escape 21
Is That Whats Bothering You Bunkie

Ya say your Casita is just sitting there for Sale & you haven’t gotten anything but Scam call about it in the last 6 weeks?

Ya say your new to us 2017 Escape 21 is just sitting in the shop waiting to go camping?

Ya say you aren’t finished doing all the upgrades to the Escape you had done to your Casita, but you have one to finish?

Ya say your friends left over a week ago on s trip they wanted you to go on but your just sitting around home?

Ya say your shoulder hurts and you can’t use your right hand or shoulder?

Is that what’s bothering you Bunkie?

Well rejoice you finally got 5 calls on our Casita in 3 days and one of the brought the cash and drove away with it! Yea!

Yes the Escape does have 2 more item I wanted to do before we took it out to camp.
But I messed my shoulder up and had to have surgery 8 days ago and am slowly recovering from the surgery.
Only 5 more weeks in this arm immobilizer! Yes that’s why everything has come to a big time Halt around here. Only having one hand and arm when it is the “wrong” one sure throws a monkey wrench in the operation.

Thankful to have the I phone to do this on, typing with one finger on the desktop and using the mouse sucks!

And with it being summer I’m South Texas it’s tough being outside I’m this immobilizer very long, it becomes a wetsuit full of sweat.

Oh well it shall pass and should be healed for a trip in late September 🤗

But it would have been nice to be in CO this week and on up North with a fellow Escape owner enjoying cooler weather.
Koi-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Don't rush it.

Take all the time you and your shoulder need.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Read to "Is that all there is my friend" playing in the background.

I know it's no consolation when others say, oh yah, that's happened to me. But I think many of the forum regulars will be able to relate to a lot of those items.

In my case, my shoulder injury has healed enough that it's allowed me to spend 58 days non-stop ripping off my old roof structure, doing remediation work, re-building and installing a black membrane in the blistering heat. Wish I was in West Texas.

Hope your healing goes well.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Casita upgraded to 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
In my case, my shoulder injury has healed enough that it's allowed me to spend 58 days non-stop ripping off my old roof structure, doing remediation work, re-building and installing a black membrane in the blistering heat. Wish I was in West Texas.

Hope your healing goes well.

Ron
Thanks Ron, Oh man that’s not a job I would want to tackle any more! I have a large Fountain project I’m in the middle of and this is the time to be doing it since there is no rain finally. But impossible to do at the time.
For a guy that is always going and constantly uses his hands it’s a tough time. But I am minding the Doctor’s orders if I want it to work like it should again, no re- do !

Would like to go use the trailer, we used it bringing it home from CA back in May, but not really where we wanted to be camping.
Koi-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
So Ron, and Koi-Kid, that... shippp has SAILED!!
Old 07-31-2019, 07:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Spent at least 20 years with a torn rotator until I finally convinced an orthopedic surgeon to do an MRI. When he reported "You have a torn rotator" my world changed for the good. Yes, that six weeks in a sling seemed like six decades but it was sure worth it. Hang in there. It will all be a miserable memory some day.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:25 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sometimes when you have arrived, the bus already left. I used to spend hours polishing my chrome on my Harley, then I got smart and bought an Escape.