Just ordered our first Escape Trailer (the 21) - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2019, 12:56 PM   #161

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Also available at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #162

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Thumbs up

Thanks.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:03 PM   #163
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Counter space mitigation for a double sink

If we are only using one of the sinks, we use the following cutting board over the other sink for additional counterspace. This unit is nice in that it has adjustable legs on the bottom that will custom fit the sink so the board won't move around.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43437-B...k+Cover+Bamboo
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:28 PM   #164

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Do they not include the sink cutouts any more? That's what we use over the right hand sink when not actively washing dishes.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #165

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Just ordered our first Escape Trailer (the 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Do they not include the sink cutouts any more? That's what we use over the right hand sink when not actively washing dishes.

Only with stock sinks. If you go off-script you lose the sink cover. Maybe you could pay for them to build a custom cover?

Edit: Wait, you’re talking about ETI providing the cutout when they make the hole for the custom sink, aren’t you?
Old 06-25-2019, 06:50 PM   #166
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Yes - ETI also gave us the cutout for our custom sink (one cutout the size of the double sink to be exact). One could easily cut this down and have a piece to cover each sink.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #167

Trailer: 2011 Casita SD
Great looking covered trash can. We have an open trash container at the end of the bed but it looks "trashy". I will buy the unit you posted. Thanks
Jerryteits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #168

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Bea, source for that towel rack? Thanks.
Here's an alternative towel bar from The Container Store - it's an Umbra, so probably available elsewhere.
https://www.containerstore.com/s/umb...&q=towel%20bar

it has 2 benefits for me: a rubber-like coating to prevent the towel from slipping off, and rounded corners to help reduce the number of bruises on my thigh. (if something sticks out, I'll run into it!)
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 12:32 PM   #169

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
If we are only using one of the sinks, we use the following cutting board over the other sink for additional counterspace. This unit is nice in that it has adjustable legs on the bottom that will custom fit the sink so the board won't move around.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43437-B...k+Cover+Bamboo
If you have the oven, Camco makes a great replacement for the metal cover that gives you lots of additional counter space.

Mine came with "feet" that fit the stove top grate that holds in in place while traveling. I've seen some versions that just have a rubber matt, and some that include the feet but not mounted.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:19 PM   #170
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
If you have the oven, Camco makes a great replacement for the metal cover that gives you lots of additional counter space.

Mine came with "feet" that fit the stove top grate that holds in in place while traveling. I've seen some versions that just have a rubber matt, and some that include the feet but not mounted.
Thanks Vermilye! I certainly enjoy experimenting with all kinds of kitchen gadgets. Especially nice since I do a fair amount of cooking indoors. Oh, and I think I got my towel rack on Amazon but the one tukwilma posted from the Container Store looks much better. Good find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryteits View Post
Great looking covered trash can. We have an open trash container at the end of the bed but it looks "trashy". I will buy the unit you posted. Thanks
Hope it works for you! Not sure how it will fit in a Casita but in an E21 its a perfect fit. -Bea
Old 08-13-2020, 04:04 PM   #171

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Hi there,
I am also entertaining the idea of the clean looking Anderson No Sway hitch. How did it work out?
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:41 PM   #172
Bea

Our view - The Andersen Weight Distribution system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
Hi there,
I am also entertaining the idea of the clean looking Anderson No Sway hitch. How did it work out?
Hi Dcboyd,

We like our Andersen Weight Distribution system (model #3343). Specifically:

· It's simple and works with our Ford Expediton! The trailer feels very stable when we are towing (we also make sure our tongue weight is in the 10%-15% range)
· It is light weight when compared to the traditional systems that use large metal bars
· After we arrive at a campsite, it is easy to detach the chains and store them securely
· It is quiet (older versions were sometimes noisy, but the updated version we have has been great)
· It was relatively easy to install (I did it myself). All you need is a torque wrench (something like https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-t...nch-63882.html)

A couple things to look for:

Andersen’s website states (https://help.andersenhitches.com/ins...ribution-hitch):
· “Currently the Atwood 88007, 88010, 88555 and 88600 couplers are not compatible with the Andersen WD Hitch (all other Atwood couplers are fine).” Fortunately, our 2019 Escape 21C does not have one of these couplers.

If your tow vehicle has built in anti-sway, you may need to turn this off. The Andersen installation manual states:
· “The Andersen WD Hitch features its own sway controls that are designed to auto-adjust to the load in your trailer and prevent trailer sway when installed properly. Unfortunately, some newer electronic anti-sway systems can misread the anti-sway efforts of the Andersen WD Hitch and the anti-sway system may actually cause the trailer to sway as the two systems work against each other. These potential issues typically occur with electronic anti-sway systems that are designed to detect trailer sway and automatically use the vehicle brakes to help control the sway. Please note that this type of anti-sway system is different from electronic traction control, which does not cause this type of problem. If you experience this type of issue, you will need to turn off the electronic anti-sway in your vehicle in order to tow with the Andersen WD Hitch.”

Bottom-line, we would choose Andersen again if we were getting a new trailer.

-Bea
Old 08-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #173

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Thank you so much. I have load bars and anti sway brake bar on my 31’ Airstream. They are a PIA. Anderson looks like the choice for us. I have a few months till completion date of the 21 to maybe find some on sale ��. Thank you for your reply.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #174

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Wow it is going to be so nice. Who are you ordering custom fabric from?
Mrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #175
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrau View Post
Wow it is going to be so nice. Who are you ordering custom fabric from?
Hi Mrau, My apologies on this delayed response. We've been out enjoying our E21, tremendously - 'social distance style', of course. We special ordered our fabric from our local Joanns Fabric store and brought it up to ETI ourselves (in Jan 2019). Our cushion fabric is called 'Mockingbird Burlap' and the valence fabric is 'Hightower Toasted Pecan' - for our Oak interior. Very happy with our choice. After almost 1.5 years, the fabric is holding up great - very durable. ETI had only one choice of stock fabric when we ordered - so nice that they offer a variety of stock fabrics now so you can get something closer to your own taste without having to pay extra for 'special ordering', unless you want to, of course! -Bea

Tags
build sheet, new member