Just starting the Hunt - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 2002 Tundra 4x4 V-8 tow package.
Just starting the Hunt

I am in the process of finding the right trailer for my wife and I with dog. We will be empty nesters this fall and have done plenty of tent camping and now it's time for a trailer. My want's/needs are : small and light as possible to meet our needs, 4500lbs max loaded. Well constructed ,no stapled 2x2's . Be able to camp remote locations " boodocking" . Solar a must, no generator. Perform well in northern Montana Oct to early Nov as well as summer anywhere USA. I know air conditioning and solar don't get along so well. So my needs have led me to a fiberglass trailer with Escape leading the pack. I have read many post over the last few days and the information is FANTASTIC . Looking forward to this forum very much, with so many helpful people here.

Craig and Hazel petaluma ca.
craiginpetaluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Well my wife, dog and I were just in Olema for a few days at Pt. Reyes! Too bad you didn't post a bit earlier. There are quite a few 19's not far from you to see; contact the factory for a referral to one near you. Once you see one, you will know that's it. And, Escape does a nice job of fitting both AC and solar on the roof.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome Craig and Hazel. Yep A/C and solar don't play well together.. at least not the small trailer kind. I know several Bus Nutz and monster 5th wheel owners with lots of roof space that can run small A/Cs off solar. But, I don't know anyone that's accomplished it with an all molded towable. Maybe in the future with solar getting better and better...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Welcome Craig and Hazel,
Escape used to put air conditioners in the cabinet area above the refrigerator before they began reinforcing and placing them in/on the roof. Obviously there would be space sacrificed, and I don't know if you would want, or if they would do, that. But it is one way to have both. (This was pre-19')(I believe).
Old 03-29-2014, 02:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I added both ac and solar. Living in the southern US, I'll look for hookups when AC is necessary. Being frugal, I plan to use my senior pass at national park or national forest campgrounds when AC isn't necessary. And as others have said, when the time comes to sell, having AC makes the Escape more marketable.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Craig and Hazel to our little Escape world. Now the fun begins, which Escape model are you interested in? Do you have a tow vehicle yet? If you can attend the Escape Rally in June, you will get to see close to a hundred various Escapes all in one locale, what a sight.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #7

Thanks all for the welcome. Yes Bruce I wished I had posted earlier to catch you in Olema. My tow is a 2002 tundra with an exaggerated tow cap of #7200. I have a BBQ trailer weighing in @ 4500 and that tows great, that's the reason for my weight limit. I've zero in on the 19 or the 21. Will do my best to attend the rally, seems no better way to shop along with meeting like minded people.
What's the right way to post my many questions?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Welcome Craig and Hazel! We're Jane and Lori in Morro Bay, California. If you're down our way and want to see a 10' let me know - we'd be happy to show it to you.
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiginpetaluma View Post
Thanks all for the welcome. Yes Bruce I wished I had posted earlier to catch you in Olema. My tow is a 2002 tundra with an exaggerated tow cap of #7200. I have a BBQ trailer weighing in @ 4500 and that tows great, that's the reason for my weight limit. I've zero in on the 19 or the 21. Will do my best to attend the rally, seems no better way to shop along with meeting like minded people.
What's the right way to post my many questions?
I suggest you read the forums first - many questions have already been asked and answered.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
I suggest you read the forums first - many questions have already been asked and answered.
That's what I did. Once I made the decision to buy and reserved a delivery date, I scoured the forum for info to help me make decisions on options. I purposely chose a date six months out (not much choice about this now) and needed every minute of that time to do the research. There are opinions on this forum on almost every topic and they're all worth reading. Also, the pictures that owners post are most helpful. Go over these with a fine-tooth comb.

And welcome to the club, Craig and Hazel!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneM. View Post
Welcome Craig and Hazel! We're Jane and Lori in Morro Bay, California. If you're down our way and want to see a 10' let me know - we'd be happy to show it to you.
Thank you Jane and Lori . might take you up on that offer. My daughter is deciding on her collage and we will be visiting Santa Cruz this month.

Craig
Old 03-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneM. View Post
Opps that should have been 19'.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Did not know ETI made a 10' model?
Old 03-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Did not know ETI made a 10' model?
An ipad goof! I hit the 0 instead of the 9.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #15

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Welcome! When you're in Santa Cruz and if you'd like to see a 19', we're in Felton and would be happy to show you ours ... and hubby is a S.C. alumni (albeit, from long ago).
Jan & John
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Welcome! When you're in Santa Cruz and if you'd like to see a 19', we're in Felton and would be happy to show you ours ... and hubby is a S.C. alumni (albeit, from long ago).
Jan & John
Jan & John, Yes I would like to see your Escape . We will be traveling on weekends sometime in April. As soon as we pin down a date I'll let you know, and hopefully it will work for all.

Thank you

Craig & Hazel
Old 03-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #17

And if you're interested in seeing a 17B, give me a shout.

Bob
Old 04-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #18

Trailer: 2013 19'
craiginpetaluma, I have a 19 and tow with a 2003 Tundra. It tows wonderfully and I hardly even know it is behind me. I used the forum to help with most of my build decisions and can tell you that after having received my Escape all the advice I received was dead on and I haven't been sorry over any of my build decisions. Welcome and hope to meet you at the rally.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote