Microwave Convection oven - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2020, 02:10 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Jim (cpaharley2008) this is a post regarding heat, heat has not been an issue for us.

I don't think the propane oven is vented to the outside?
No it is not vented outside, it vents at the countertop.
I'm just curious how heating something to 350 degrees does not create heat without any dissipation?
Old 05-15-2020, 02:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
No it is not vented outside, it vents at the countertop.
I'm just curious how heating something to 350 degrees does not create heat without any dissipation?
There is grilling and approximately 2" gap both sides and under, I don't recall if there is a divider between the top and the 2 burner stove.

another plus for this setup, with it you have the two burner stove versus the 3 burner, the three burner does take up more counter space.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:54 AM   #23

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
We are in Chilliwack working with ETI on it as I post this. Will know more tomorrow we hope. Keeping fingers crossed on getting a Dometic to fit but may have other options with a Mauve or a Contoure.
Good luck.
Here is a copy and paste I received from my sales lady. I just wanted them to ease the opening a 1/4” in width. Not the whole cabinet.

Hi David,

I have looked into this before and due to the high demand on production at this time, they are unable to undertake this request. One of my other customers is just going make the opening wider herself once she takes delivery of the trailer.

Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.

Stay well and warmest regards,
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:08 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
Good luck.
Here is a copy and paste I received from my sales lady. I just wanted them to ease the opening a 1/4” in width. Not the whole cabinet.

Hi David,

I have looked into this before and due to the high demand on production at this time, they are unable to undertake this request. One of my other customers is just going make the opening wider herself once she takes delivery of the trailer.

Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.

Stay well and warmest regards,
David, which trailer and which cabinet is this in reference to (PS under the stovetop, DS next to the refrigerator ...?)

With apology if you've already told us and I missed that. In any case I can understand your disappointment with the explanation for the 'decline' on this request, though others seem to suggest it should be taken in stride.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
David, which trailer and which cabinet is this in reference to (PS under the stovetop, DS next to the refrigerator ...?)

With apology if you've already told us and I missed that. In any case I can understand your disappointment with the explanation for the 'decline' on this request, though others seem to suggest it should be taken in stride.

It’s a 21C I’ll be taking delivery of mid Dec. 5his was referencing microwave cabinet for possible future addition of Panasonic NN-SD372S inverter.

It’s just that I also ask for another couple requests I was also willing to pay for and was declined.
Oh well thats life.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
The year seems to make a difference. There is convection microwave on the option list for 2021 Escape 5.0. This is no help to you but might be relevant to others ordering the 2021 model.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:19 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I've had both regular ovens and microwave-convection ovens in my past RV's, and I really prefer the standard. Depends what kind of baking (and camping) you want to do, but for me I didn't like that the convection is only practical for serious baking if you're on shore power or running a generator. And yes, if you try to bake something for a long time (like a roast), it does put out quite a bit of heat. Not a problem if you're in cold weather, but in warm weather it's a big drawback...
Old 10-18-2020, 05:29 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
It’s a 21C I’ll be taking delivery of mid Dec. 5his was referencing microwave cabinet for possible future addition of Panasonic NN-SD372S inverter.

It’s just that I also ask for another couple requests I was also willing to pay for and was declined.
Oh well thats life.
Sad that the production first moto is prevalent - but I had problems with getting mods done when Reace was there too so it's not a big change from the past.

With Reace, you could get some mods done if you went to Chilliwack and talked to him in person (chocolate for Tammy helped). Reace would listen, and if it made sense, would do mods that the sales reps would have turned down.

Karl seemed to be a reasonable person when I met him - maybe a email to him would work?
Old 10-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Sad that the production first moto is prevalent - but I had problems with getting mods done when Reace was there too so it's not a big change from the past.

With Reace, you could get some mods done if you went to Chilliwack and talked to him in person (chocolate for Tammy helped). Reace would listen, and if it made sense, would do mods that the sales reps would have turned down.

Karl seemed to be a reasonable person when I met him - maybe a email to him would work?

I did send him a private message, but never heard back.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:

I always sent a large basket of chocolate from a local chocolatier to the front desk, always seemed to help when I called.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:48 PM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:

Oh well thats life.
The problem is your request for combining a convection microwave and an inverter. Escape will not do it. Their batteries simply couldn't handle the draw.

They do offer a convection microwave ready option in all the trailers AFAIK.

I had it added to my Escape 19.

Click image for larger version

Name:	convection microwave.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	51295
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
The problem is your request for combining a convection microwave and an inverter. Escape will not do it. Their batteries simply couldn't handle the draw.

They do offer a convection microwave ready option in all the trailers AFAIK.

I had it added to my Escape 19.
No I did not want them to add the microwave. I just wanted them to ease the cabinet edges to accommodate a larger future microwave if I decided to add one.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:01 PM   #33

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
No I did not want them to add the microwave. I just wanted them to ease the cabinet edges to accommodate a larger future microwave if I decided to add one.
You could still get the convection microwave ready option which would accomplish the same thing. It is a $240 option and you might lose the drawers depending on the model trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	convection microwave.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	51296
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
You could still get the [I]convection microwave ready option[/I] which would accomplish the same thing. It is a $240 option and you might lose the drawers depending on the model trailer.

Attachment 51296

Thanks but I will just do the work myself. If they don’t want to do it, then I am not sure I would want them to. Iam not sure I even want a microwave. Handy for popcorn.

It was just that it would have been simple to do the work during the build stage. But evidently not being a build sheet standard during peak production, it will not get attention.

I have noticed that a lot of future orders have moved up several months. I guess the forum Giving attention to problems and lack of attention, may have caused some cancellations.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Thanks but I will just do the work myself. If they don’t want to do it, then I am not sure I would want them to. Iam not sure I even want a microwave. Handy for popcorn.

It was just that it would have been simple to do the work during the build stage. But evidently not being a build sheet standard during peak production, it will not get attention.

I have noticed that a lot of future orders have moved up several months. I guess the forum Giving attention to problems and lack of attention, may have caused some cancellations.
The areas that would need to be trimmed are small. I would prefer to do it myself anyway as Escape just paints the cut edges with brown paint. I bought some trim from Escape and trimmed the edges proper. Also, the cutout wasn't centered with the cabinet door so I corrected that as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Trim areas.jpg   Microwave completed.jpg  
Old 10-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #36

Quote:
The areas that would need to be trimmed are small. I would prefer to do it myself anyway as Escape just paints the cut edges with brown paint. I bought some trim from Escape and trimmed the edges proper. Also, the cutout wasn't centered with the cabinet door so I corrected that as well.

I previously noticed what you did to the cabinet. Very nice. I’ll do the same.
Already have my parts for the underside plumbing. Hopefully they have corrected the bedframing or I will repair that also.
Thank you for bring this to my attention.

I have the ability for the corrections. I have a full wood working shop and a lot of oak. I can manufacture a small backband.
I feel for those that have to accept the “what is”.