Moving up from a T@B - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Jayco Hummingbird
Thanks Greg. That is a great idea. It's a nice drive up to Quincy. I'll try to make it.
Steve F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 21C, 2019 Chevy Colorado V6
My wife and I are also moving up from a T@B. We've loved the T@B and the fact it can be towed by a smaller vehicle, in our case a Nissan Frontier V6 PU. Also the T@B fits in our shop -- a 8'7" high opening. After all our research the Escape was the best buy with the best quality and I can use the same tow vehicle and it will still fit in the shop. We're getting a 17B model in November 2015. Time is getting near! I'll post an update after we pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
Hello group. What a great site!
I have a 2005 T@B that has been great but it's time to get something bigger. My TV is a Mercedes ML350, with a 5,000# rating and I still want to stay as light as possible. I've looked a Airstream 16', (too expensive and afraid of the aluminum skin), Oliver 17, (very cool, very high quality, but you pay for it), and Casita 17, (not bad, but they seem to be low on the quality side). I've been lurking here and the Escape seems like the best value and quality mix. I like the idea of a 17', but they would be available for a year! (Frustrating) It looks like I could go to the 19' though and stay well under my tow limit.
I do need to see them in person though. A trip to the factory might be the thing to do. I get to Bellingham on business, so that would make it easy. Any tips, ideas or thoughts will be appreciated, as I do my research. Thank you in advance!
NellieFlower is offline   Reply With Quote