New 19 in February - What's best campground near Sumas for shakedown? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
After owning an Eggcamper and realized it was not cold weather prepared I found Escape and ordered a 2012 E19 for delivery in Summer, 2012. I was a caretaker then for my mom and could not be gone long periods of time. We attended rallies as far west as Nebraska and north as Niagara Falls, Ont. Maine and Acadia NP was our eastern trip. Sometime in 2013 Reace unveiled the E21 and the first 10 customers got it for same price as the E19. I sold my E19 quickly and ordered the new E21 model which was delivered in December 2013. Escape BlackJack was the name as a play on the "21" word. Everything was fine, my mom was no longer with us then so we were able to attend Osoyoos in 2014 as well as 2015. Then in 2016 Escape made some more improvements with the 2nd G models with the better refrigerator and frameless windows. I sold my E21 classic quickly and ordered a 2016 E19. Prairie Schooner was hatched in September 2016 and we drove out to Chilliwack for that model. But we realized quickly that the E19 was too small for us and the 2 dogs and 2 years later in late 2018 sold the E19 and ordered a new E21 for pickup this May, Deja View was picked up in May in Chilliwack and we drove over to Osoyoos for our 4th time in our 4th Escape.
I have yet to fill up both of my propane tanks in any of my Escapes!
It all makes sense when you read it. Sounds expensive though. Are you happy now or are you tempted with the new models being discussed?
SHolderfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:34 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHolderfield View Post
It all makes sense when you read it. Sounds expensive though. Are you happy now or are you tempted with the new models being discussed?
I'm out the sales tax paid but then again those taxes were tax deductible. I sold each Escape for about what was paid so I merely rolled over $30,000 each time. The new E23 does not sound appealing, but a E21 LE with front and rear dinettes maybe something to think about....I have 2 tanks of propane to use first though.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:37 PM   #43

You're nothing if not experienced!
Old 12-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #44

I had one of the first Escapes on this side of the Mississippi for a couple of years and each new Escape I had 3-4 customer referrals as a credit for showing my Escape and them then purchasing a new Escape from the factory. I figure I may have sold between 18 to 24 Escapes over past 8 years. Just showed mine last week to a NY couple and still have another couple that want to see it over the holidays.I wonder if I can get an "Escape Sales" hat??
Old 12-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #45

Well you certainly deserve a hat, sticker or something special! Also you have been very helpful on the forums with me and can take some credit for my sale as well. Unfortunately I can't take delivery until March next year.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #46

I'm trying to remember, Joldie, Sarah, Linda were my salespersons at Escape, I think Tammy was my first one way back then. My 19 was the first with a bath window, that is my only claim to fame...
Old 12-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #47

I started with Melissa, but she disappeared due to some personal issue and Linda took over for me. Both were/are great. Very helpful.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:51 PM   #48

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thanks for that story, Jim. I've seen the propane jokes but hearing the whole thing makes me appreciate Escape even more.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:30 PM   #49

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
The KOA in Lynden gets a thumbs up from us. We had no problems towing from Sumas to the site, but when we went to hitch up after our first night there was an issue that ultimately resulted in Escape sending a representative the next morning to get us squared away. The staff at the KOA was very helpful in confirming the problem was not just me and had no issues extending my stay until the Escape folks got me straightened out (literally - with a sledge hammer!!!).
croatanwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:11 AM   #50

Welcome Don, to our little Escape world. Please enlighten us as to what issue needed a sledge hammer to fix on your Escape?

Tags
boondock, campgrounds, escape 19, solar panel, towing 19 escape