New 5.0TA will have home in Minnesota - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #31
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Hi Carl
In our 5.0TA have 3 12v receptacles, one outside by the 120vac, one in the center of the U dinette, and the one right by the door (standard). We use the one by the door for phones and such, the shelf right there makes it convenient. The one at the dinette for the laptop and readers, and the outside one for a fan and to run the little inverter for charging the drill/driver and portable vac. The little inverter fan is kind of noisy so outside works well. So far the 3 work out just fine for us. No extra 120's, way more then we need now.

If you are interested, as far as cabinet lighting, or the 12v for it. We only needed to add lights in the closet and the little cabinet right across from it which we use as a medicine/bath cabinet. The overhead lights don't do much in these 2 locations. There is already 12v in the medicine/bath cabinet for the under mount light so that one's easy. For the closet I ran it from the captain's light on the drivers side of the bed through the overheads (you can just see the passenger side lamp in Alf's picture. For our use the rest of the cabinets are okay with just the overhead lights, so far.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no "good" place for a TV, both sides can't see it very well from the table. An additional one on the middle of the dinette would probably help as we've been using the laptop as a TV and put it right on the table.. I thought I read somewhere that only one cable connector can be driven by the amp, but I'm not sure as I only have one.

Happy Motoring
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #32
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Does anyone have photos of the TV mounted in the regular place in the 5.0TA. We have been trying to decide its placement in ours. If you have alternate mounts we would love to see them also.

Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #33
Trailer: 5.0TA Jan. 2015, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
We don't have our 5.0TA yet but asked for it to be pre-wired for TV at the end of the upper cupboards, at the front of the dinette, on the curb side.

We consider bed to be the place for other things, like reading. The standard spot seemed too far away to watch a movie from where we'd be sitting.

Of course, that's all theoretical at this point. Hope it's of use.
iamunique127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #34
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Does anyone have photos of the TV mounted in the regular place in the 5.0TA. We have been trying to decide its placement in ours. If you have alternate mounts we would love to see them also.
If you email ETI, they can provide you a picture of the "standard" mounting location. It is on the end of the wall, door side, at the top of the stairs. That position allows it to be viewed from the bed, or swiveled around for viewing from the dinette table, which would probably be somewhere around 11 or 12 feet, or approximately 4 meters from the dinette.

2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote

aluminum rims, battery power, sliding shelves, stereo