New 5.0TA will have home in Minnesota - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
t-twnbob, We ordered on Nov. 3, with a completion date of July 20, 2015. On Nov. 20 I noticed an open date of April 21 on the production list, called in and got us moved up, there must have been a cancellation and I happened to check at just the right time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-twnbob View Post
Good for you, that's awesome! I have have mentioned to ETI a couple of times that we would like to take advantage of a cancellation if able, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Bob
Actually, I don't think that was a cancellation. My original completion date was March 15, and I emailed Tammy I didn't want to pick up until the first week in June. She called me a couple of days later and said she had an April delivery that wanted it earlier, and wanted to double check with me before pushing my delivery back. So I don't think the open date in April was due to a cancellation, rather it resulted from reshuffling the production schedule. I am not sure that cancellations are common, but maybe you will get lucky!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Cancels DO happen. Our date was moved up 6 months and suddenly we had only 2 weeks to finalize the build sheet!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:27 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Sounds like what happened to me this year. Was scheduled to get mine in November and I got a cancellation opportunity in June. A 3.5 second contemplation and I snapped it up . Then I had 2 weeks to submit my build sheet. Needed to think fast and it boiled down to mostly getting the options that had to be done at the factory.

I'm happy.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Cancels DO happen. Our date was moved up 6 months and suddenly we had only 2 weeks to finalize the build sheet!
I agree. They do happen. All I'm saying is I wouldn't hold my breath expecting one. If it happens, that's great. Given Charlie's experience and Mark's, it might be a wise idea to put a great deal of time/effort thinking about the build list immediately after placing an order just in case you find the time you expected cut short. Not sure I would want to be rushed. I had two reasons why I requested my delivery date be extended. First, we had a wedding in late May to attend in Oak Ridge, TN, and a 50th Anniversary Party three days later in the Denver area. Coming from Florida, it made sense to combine the trips. Plus, I wanted to minimize the probability of snow when crossing the Rockies, and increase the likelihood of pleasant weather for the trip home from Chilliwack.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Carl
I second the idea of getting on the build sheet right away. We didn't and wish we had. It took longer than expected to get the fabirc samples from SailRite, what with Customs and such coming to Canada. We probably would have ordered more samples if we'd had time but we had to choose from our first batch due to our build sheet being due.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I spent six months working on my build sheet. Sometimes that felt waaay to long because I started second guessing my decisions. At other times, waaay to short. The one thing I wish I would have spent more time considering, is the electrics. Placement of outlets, how many extra, etc. Buy a big bottle of Tums!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #27

Donna-
Can you elaborate. Where would you have put more outlets and why.
Might help me and others make appropriate changes to our build sheets.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You can have ETI move the "included" outlets any place during the build. Try to envision you using the camper and what appliances you maybe carrying and where you may want to use them. Definite one or two in kitchen, I had an extra one installed in dinette area(makes 2 back there) and an extra one under the bed for electric mattress/blanket use. I also had an extra one installed for an electric wall heater to use while hooked up. The build pictures are very important in looking at and thinking where you want both 12v and 120v outlets.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Carl, I wish I would have thought about running wire in the overhead cabinets for those lights. I had ETI move the outlet and cable connection from the door side to the drivers side (in the loft). After measuring the loft wall for a television (14"), if I put a bigger TV there, it will extend into the stairway and the way the stairs are built.. I may fall off the bottom step going down. I'll figure it out, but that's what happens when putting together a build sheet without measurements.

There may be more, but those two things I remember this early in the morning. I need more coffee!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Donna D... We chose the standard place for the TV connections... but a lower mount for the arm. We never watched from the bed and only for a morning weather report... and there all the same down in Ft. Myers Beach anyway...SUNNY, SUNNY, and SUNNY!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030665.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #31

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Hi Carl
In our 5.0TA have 3 12v receptacles, one outside by the 120vac, one in the center of the U dinette, and the one right by the door (standard). We use the one by the door for phones and such, the shelf right there makes it convenient. The one at the dinette for the laptop and readers, and the outside one for a fan and to run the little inverter for charging the drill/driver and portable vac. The little inverter fan is kind of noisy so outside works well. So far the 3 work out just fine for us. No extra 120's, way more then we need now.

If you are interested, as far as cabinet lighting, or the 12v for it. We only needed to add lights in the closet and the little cabinet right across from it which we use as a medicine/bath cabinet. The overhead lights don't do much in these 2 locations. There is already 12v in the medicine/bath cabinet for the under mount light so that one's easy. For the closet I ran it from the captain's light on the drivers side of the bed through the overheads (you can just see the passenger side lamp in Alf's picture. For our use the rest of the cabinets are okay with just the overhead lights, so far.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no "good" place for a TV, both sides can't see it very well from the table. An additional one on the middle of the dinette would probably help as we've been using the laptop as a TV and put it right on the table.. I thought I read somewhere that only one cable connector can be driven by the amp, but I'm not sure as I only have one.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #32

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Does anyone have photos of the TV mounted in the regular place in the 5.0TA. We have been trying to decide its placement in ours. If you have alternate mounts we would love to see them also.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
We don't have our 5.0TA yet but asked for it to be pre-wired for TV at the end of the upper cupboards, at the front of the dinette, on the curb side.

We consider bed to be the place for other things, like reading. The standard spot seemed too far away to watch a movie from where we'd be sitting.

Of course, that's all theoretical at this point. Hope it's of use.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Does anyone have photos of the TV mounted in the regular place in the 5.0TA. We have been trying to decide its placement in ours. If you have alternate mounts we would love to see them also.
If you email ETI, they can provide you a picture of the "standard" mounting location. It is on the end of the wall, door side, at the top of the stairs. That position allows it to be viewed from the bed, or swiveled around for viewing from the dinette table, which would probably be somewhere around 11 or 12 feet, or approximately 4 meters from the dinette.

Tags
aluminum rims, battery power, sliding shelves, stereo