New Escape 17B order pending for Scamp 16 owners - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2018, 01:27 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
And I do, honest. But some folks taste is definitely different than mine. But then, if I'd had to choose those 3 items myself, I'd have probably gone with the same 3 that ETI did.

Ron
Alright . I won't hold it against you . Hey my 1963 Ford was Caribbean Turquoise. My kids hated it , but I loved it.Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:46 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I’m coming to Ron’s defense, here. Both my spouse and I saw no reason to spend extra to change the upholstery, Formica, or flooring. I, too, like the standard colors. When we had the SOB (some other brand), it had white Formica. If you as much as looked at it, it would get smudged. We were forever spraying and wiping it. That doesn’t happen with the dark colors like the brown ETI uses.
I didn’t buy my trailer in order to make it be different from all others and none of my mods, some of which won’t be found in any other Escape were done for what we perceived as functionality to meet OUR needs and desires. We haven’t modified as extensively or as customly as some Escape owners, but every mod that has been made has addressed a specific personal issue. We purchased our trailer because we found the layout to be close to perfect for our style of traveling/camping. ETI’s reputation and willingness to do “custom” changes was a bonus. But I saw no need to make its inside (or outside) appearance “stand out in the crowd.” Maybe, as Ron stated, that puts me in the minority. But any Escape owner who walks into our trailer will note that we didn’t “pony up” to change the “big three.” However, even the most unobservant Escape owner would likely notice many of the other differences.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:43 AM   #23

Trailer: 21
Gets out the popcorn n beer to watch this cat/bull fight lol ��
Old 01-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Gets out the popcorn n beer to watch this cat/bull fight lol ��
Say what? I see no fight, just folks expressing preferences is all. It is what we do on this site in order to give newcomers ideas from which they can formulate their own choices. One of the reasons those here chose Escape trailers, is that we can implement our own personal preferences, both those offered from Escape, or those we choose to do on our own. And if no options are chosen, you still end up with a fantastic trailer to go make camping memories with.

I have done a lot of custom work myself on top of custom options from Escape, and am happy to share what I have done, but would never expect that what I did would work for everyone. Heck, it might only work for us, and that is the main reason I do it. I also do things because I can, and it is a lot of fun.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Yes, it is all about what is most important to you. And that can also change over time and often does in the camping world. Time goes by and your needs and focuses change.

You see what someone puts in their Escape and you have to have that, too. Goes on all of the time. Well, only some things!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We like the fabric, the floor is ok... but have seen some great plank style in other people’s builds, but we have to draw the money line somewhere. The Formica looks practical but a little to busy and brown for me. My wife dislikes the fake wood on the fridge so we have purchase 4 sheets (2ft x 4ft) of Formica for $6 each at Rona. I will replace the fridge door panel, make my own smaller table and recover the counter top.
I think ETI could offer a second choice of the main items at little to no cost to them. It could even be a cost saving as a buyer may simply select the second choice rather than all the extra staff time required for a custom order.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I think a lot of customization is going to be related to what the use of the trailer is going to be. For us, the 19 was selected to be our home when we go FT/PT in a few years. After having gutted and rehabbed a slew of Scamps, we knew what was involved in changing countertops, flooring and upholstery. We decided we wanted this trailer to come outfitted pretty close to what we wanted and not face redoing it later when in traveling mode.
After much agonizing with all the combinations we feel the finished product fits us and we have very few mods that need to be done to go on the road.
It’s really awesome that ETI has allowed the changes to be made so it fits everyone’s needs which was a big reason we ended up with the Escape.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I think I could have been perfectly happy with the standard interior. I did get the standard flooring, most of it's covered with rugs anyway. But when it comes to budgeting during the build, I decided I'd be a lot happier with my choice of fabric and Formica than shiny wheels. Those I can buy anytime, and locally. If you saw my sewing skills, you'd know why I preferred someone else to upholster the cushions, etc. Finding someone locally to change the upholstery is too expensive for me too. Isn't it fun we get to decide this stuff?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:30 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Congratulations on your Escape purchase decision. In our opinion, the tinted windows don’t pose an obstacle for viewing out, only for those trying to peer in. As to interior fabric, counter and flooring choices, we went with the builder’s standard selections. We saved our dollars for those options we thought best to have added at the time of build.

Jan
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:49 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
Congratulations on your Escape purchase decision. In our opinion, the tinted windows don’t pose an obstacle for viewing out, only for those trying to peer in. As to interior fabric, counter and flooring choices, we went with the builder’s standard selections. We saved our dollars for those options we thought best to have added at the time of build.

Jan
Just remember, at night with the lights on in the trailer, from the outside they are just as transparent as clear glass!
Old 01-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Just remember, at night with the lights on in the trailer, from the outside they are just as transparent as clear glass!
Good point Jon. Having spent decades camping in a tent, it's nice to have the luxury of shades on our Escape windows.

Jan
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We chose different Formica and Fabric just for the simple reason that we had certain colors and styles we preferred. The standard fabric and formica would have been fine but we just had an itch for something that was a little more personalized. We did not change the flooring as we knew we would have rugs down and most of it would be covered. One nice thing about rugs is that you can change part of the look of your camper very easily and with little cost. I believe the most important thing is to do what makes you happy.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Never worried about the upholstery. Our bed is the rear dinette and always has the bed made up. The front dinette is where we sit and I'm normally looking out the window, not at what I'm sitting on.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Looking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Hi Jon
Rita reminds me of the transparency of glass of any type especially when I'm getting ready fot bed. I remind her of the fact that I don't care and that peepers will be looking at the best man they have seen in years. What follows is unprintable.
Iowa Dave.

Tags
upholstery choices, window tint