New Escape 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2015, 11:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
New Escape 19

Hi from Alaska,
My wife and I ordered an Escape 19 last month and I guess we are lucky to have placed or order since they are all gone now. We are working on options and I must say that this forum is the best place to get advice. Since ordering I think I have read almost all the new posts and have read all the posts that apply to the options we were looking at. Wow there is a world of information to read. Two months ago I hadn't even heard about Escape trailers. The fiberglass rv forum introduced them to me when I was considering a Casita. I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota Quad-Cab 4x4 with a 4.7 liter V-8 and a tow package that has a 4700 lb. tow capacity. I think it should work ok with an equalizer hitch.
Cody from Juneau, Alaska
Delivery date June 29, 2016
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hey Cody, welcome to the Escape Forum, and congrats on your order.

Definitely a great deal for you with the exchange rate. I would think that an WD hitch may not be needed with your truck, though it wouldn't hurt.

Do you by chance know Tom (StarvingHyena), also from Juneau, who should be getting his 17 soon. Nice guy, met him at the Escape rally, and in Juneau in June when we went out for dinner, and some beers after.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:02 AM   #3

Jim,
No I don't think I know him (I know a few Toms) although I read his post about the problem he had in a sports bar the other day. I saw he was from Juneau. I have lived here for fifty-two years and I still don't know everyone. You are right about the exchange rate, can't beat it. We have been dreaming of a travel trailer for over a decade and drooled over quite a few from Airstreams (too rich for my blood), Lance's, and Casitas. The Escape really struck me as just the right combination of style durability, and quality. I must say that I have not seen an Escape and ours may be the first one we see, but from everything everyone says about them I am sure we will love it.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:05 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Seeing Juneau is not real big (about 30,000 I think, right?), I thought that you maybe knew Tom, and he introduced you to Escape, though I think I remember now you asking about trailers at FGRV. Can't be many Escapes in Juneau.

I bought my 19 without ever having seen the inside of an Escape, zero regrets.

Do you plan to keep your trailer in Juneau? Just wondering, as ferry rates might add up after a while.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:11 AM   #5

Jim,
I am thinking about making a month long vacation after picking it up next year and keeping it in my brother's barn in Montana. I have two and a half years left before I can retire and we plan on becoming snow birds then. I hope to keep it in Montana till then with a month long vacation every year. I think it would be likely I will leave my truck there as well. It only has 46,000 miles on it since I only use it to tow my boat and drive in the winter. I will just have to borrow a truck to tow the boat here. I have an extra car so it will work.
Cody
Old 09-12-2015, 12:24 AM   #6

Jim,
Missed the first part of your reply. Yes, only about 30,000 and I have not see any Escapes here although one could be in someones driveway somewhere in Juneau.
Cody
Old 09-12-2015, 02:17 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
Jim,
Missed the first part of your reply. Yes, only about 30,000 and I have not see any Escapes here although one could be in someones driveway somewhere in Juneau.
Cody

Hi Eric, Would be fun to meet you.

I'm sending you a PM,

Tom from Juneau