New Escape 19 in Pennsylvania - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #61

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... I don't know if it was because of the foot flush or not but while in Florida a couple from Manitoba had visitors to their 5th wheel. They left to go shopping for the day and the toilet flap stuck open with a wad of TP. in it. Flooded the trailer before someone alerted me and I could get to shut off the water. Filled the furnace duct via the floor register then the entire area under the bedroom. Good thing I knew where they had a spare key and could start mop up operations!!! Lucky their coffee pods were sealed... the box was toast!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #62
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Who should I be to tell someone how to flush a toilet.. foot or hand. Just FLUSH the dang thing
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #63

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... I don't know if it was because of the foot flush or not but while in Florida a couple from Manitoba had visitors to their 5th wheel. They left to go shopping for the day and the toilet flap stuck open with a wad of TP. in it. Flooded the trailer before someone alerted me and I could get to shut off the water. Filled the furnace duct via the floor register then the entire area under the bedroom. Good thing I knew where they had a spare key and could start mop up operations!!! Lucky their coffee pods were sealed... the box was toast!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
We try to remember to turn off anything like that when we leave the trailer. Outside water or inside pump, water heater, furnace, box and hatches and door locked. Sometimes we leave something undone but the main thing is to get used to looking before leaving. Pets have turned on water faucets. We tend to think such things, as happened to them, cannot happen!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #64

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I've had the foot flush in RV's we've delivered. Prefer it to bending over, with face close to toilet bowl, to move the lever to flush.
Ditto. Had the hand flush on our Starcraft, I didn't like bending over the toilet to flush. Might be cause I'm 6'2", at 5'4" it did not bother my wife. Now having the foot flush I find it a bit awkward when you try to hold open the valve for cleaning as the raised toilet means the foot pedal is several inches above the floor. Still, I prefer the foot pedal over the Starcrafts handle flush, but it's really not a big deal either way. If you are used to the handle and have no issues with it, why change?
Old 11-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #65

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I've had the foot flush in RV's we've delivered. Prefer it to bending over, with face close to toilet bowl, to move the lever to flush.
You must have really short arms, 'cause I never got my face that close with the hand flush.

I do see if you have issues bending over though, that it might be easier. Right now we are a long ways from having these issues.

This may sound silly, but how does the foot flush work? Is it like the hand flush where a partial push is water in the bowl, and a full push is draining? Plus to you have to be soft toed (as opposed to heavy footed) to flush it properly.

I might just have to check one out at Escape, as we plan a trip there (and a nice extended weekend in Vancouver, a few weeks before our build sheet is due.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #66

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had a foot flush in a prior SOB and the grandkids broke the lever, they "stomped" on it.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #67

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Who should I be to tell someone how to flush a toilet.. foot or hand. Just FLUSH the dang thing
We are just glad to have our own toilet ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #68

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This may sound silly, but how does the foot flush work? Is it like the hand flush where a partial push is water in the bowl, and a full push is draining? Plus to you have to be soft toed (as opposed to heavy footed) to flush it properly.
Correct, the normal position is maybe 10 degrees above horizontal, flush is roughly 45 degrees below that. As the other Jim mentions, one could over do the push and break the pedal, there is nothing stopping it.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I had a foot flush in a prior SOB and the grandkids broke the lever, they "stomped" on it.
That was actually one thing that occurred to me that might happen eventually. So it does! I take it you could just get a replacement for that part. I suppose the hand ones can break, too.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We are just glad to have our own toilet ! Pat
Us, too!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #71

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I suppose the hand ones can break, too.
Maybe, but, you're less likely to stomp on it.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #72
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

I might just have to check one out at Escape, as we plan a trip there (and a nice extended weekend in Vancouver, a few weeks before our build sheet is due.
And you better DANG well be within driving distance from me so I can meet you (already have) and camp together!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #73

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
.For some of us bending is an issue. That makes the foot flush easier. As for the frig -- I would have liked to try going with a smaller frig, but Terry was firm that we needed the larger one and he was right. We're not supposed to stuff the frig -- we're supposed to leave air around the food, so that means we need more space. And it was really nice to pack the freezer full of meat and fish.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:01 PM   #74

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
And you better DANG well be within driving distance from me so I can meet you (already have) and camp together!
Will be all along the bottom of BC, but not much camping until I get the trailer. I always enjoy camping with others.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:46 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
.For some of us bending is an issue. That makes the foot flush easier. As for the frig -- I would have liked to try going with a smaller frig, but Terry was firm that we needed the larger one and he was right. We're not supposed to stuff the frig -- we're supposed to leave air around the food, so that means we need more space. And it was really nice to pack the freezer full of meat and fish.
Bending versus balancing on one foot, both become harder as one ages. I think I have better pressure and control with my hand versus standing on one foot and using my other foot, which may have shoes on, to control the downward pressure. Just my .02$ worth. Ever notice how many foot pedals are broken in public restrooms, a lot more than the hand units.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #76

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Jim, I'm scratching my head on this one. I don't have any recall of ever coming across a foot pedal toilet in a public restroom?? I lived in Philly and Pittsburgh for a number of years and didn't run across any there, so don't think it's a PA thing.
In AZ most all of our toilets are modern and flush themselves with the lil sensor thingie, so none I have ever seen out here.
Just curious where one sees one of these things??
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #77

We had them on the thunder jugs in the military and have seen them in rest areas across the country, mainly older 1960's- 1970's models.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #78

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
I have a lever flush and would have liked the foot flush. Holding the valve open with one hand while sticking the black tank flush wand in with the other and also controlling the water flow is a challenge.
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #79

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
Holding the valve open with one hand while sticking the black tank flush wand in with the other and also controlling the water flow is a challenge.
Not for me and my 17.
I also put Saran Wrap across the toilet, under the seat, with an X cut in the middle for the wand. That way I don't get a facial.
Attached Thumbnails
Toilet lever prop.jpg  
Old 11-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #80

There is a tool for everything....http://www.amazon.com/Prime-Products...et+accessories