New Escape owners - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2018, 07:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 21' Escape
New Escape owners

Hi folks,

Cathy and I have gone from a cruising sail boat, to a Scamp, followed by a pause for health concerns to owners of used 2018 21' Escape. Currently learning the systems and planning our shake down cruise. Likely to head west toward the Blue Ridge Mountains in several months. We'll be following this site for wisdom and advise. Our trailer is beautiful!

Ken
Ken. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:18 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hello Ken,
You may also consider coming up I81 from the south and keep north up to Niagara Falls, On for Alf's Rally in September. There will be plenty of 21 owners as well as 19 and 17 and 5.0 there to see and ask questions. See here for info http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...8-a-12505.html
Old 07-07-2018, 09:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
😎 Congrats on your purchase! We bought our 5.0 a year ago and enjoying it ever since.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hello Ken,
You may also consider coming up I81 from the south and keep north up to Niagara Falls, On for Alf's Rally in September. There will be plenty of 21 owners as well as 19 and 17 and 5.0 there to see and ask questions. See here for info http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...8-a-12505.html
Hi: cpaharley2008... Thanks for the nod!!! All campers are welcome at Niagara Wine Escape. The Riverside Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada is a very dog friendly campground. There is lots of things to see & do in Niagara. http://www.tourismniagara.com Alf
Escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You are welcome, although we can not make it this year, no sense others can not enjoy the good times, good food , good friends, beautiful place.You and Missus coming to Osoyoos next year....
Old 07-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008... Thanks for the nod!!! All campers are welcome at Niagara Wine Escape. The Riverside Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada is a very dog friendly campground. There is lots of things to see & do in Niagara. http://www.tourismniagara.com Alf
Escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I’ll be bringing my interpreter with me, He’s a French Brittany and his name is Jake.
Fitch the Yorkshire Terrier will be there too so this rally has an International flavor.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #7

Thanks for the tip cpaharley. Sounds like that would a great rally but unfortunately it won't fit in to our schedule this year. We need to be at home this Fall in just past the holidays. Our next known trip will be to Tucson mid January through February. We're making this up as we go. I wonder, though, is there someplace where regional fiberglass rallies are posted? Some place where I'm apt to meet other Escape owners?

Ken
Old 07-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #8

Chotch,

This will be a steep learning curve for me. Trying to come up with a maintenance schedule, in part so I know how things work but also so I don't create unnecessary repair bill. I learn by mistakes and today's mistake related to releasing the H2O pressure BEFORE I unscrew the anode for the Suburban water heater. That think shot out a couple of feet. Fortunately I was standing to the side and I had a dry shirt to put on afterwards!

Ken
Old 07-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #9

🤔 don’t think you’re the first guy that’s done that. As long as the water was cold no harm done.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
No repeat

Hi Ken, you won’t do that again. Luckily you did not scald yourself. You’ll develop your own schedule that works for you and if you keep reading this forum you will see the same maintenance topics discussed year after year so if it hasn’t come up, it will. And if you “need it now” just post and the opinions will roll in. Some rallies have a training component to them but can you trust a guy with a beer in his hand?. Read the manuals and take your time. Easy does it.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #11

On the water subject, 1 thing you DONT want ,to do is turn it on with no water in it. That would not only be costly bu dangerous.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken. View Post
Thanks for the tip cpaharley. Sounds like that would a great rally but unfortunately it won't fit in to our schedule this year. We need to be at home this Fall in just past the holidays. Our next known trip will be to Tucson mid January through February. We're making this up as we go. I wonder, though, is there someplace where regional fiberglass rallies are posted? Some place where I'm apt to meet other Escape owners?

Ken
Welcome Ken, yes there's a place look on main forum page you'll see rallies and get togethers. Also make sure you're on FGRV forum as well, there's likely rallies there too which don't make it onto the Escape forum.

Since you're spending February in Tucson, why not meander back east staying south and attend the Green Eggs and Ham rally over St. Pat's Day just outside Montgomery AL. We attended for first time this year and it was great. I see you were encouraged to get out to BC for the Escape Appreciation rally. It's wonderful as well, over 150 Escape trailers. We intend on attending again next year.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:05 PM   #13

Steep learning curve

Thanks Chotch and Dave,

My sailboat experience did alert me to fact that the H20 heater would be damaged if I turned it on. There's a piece of tape on the switch now.

I'm compulsive and prudent enough to read the manuals and gather them if I don't have them.

Appreciate your help.

Ken