New Escape Owners Pin Posted for Ely Minnesota - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Send a message via AIM to almost born canadian Send a message via MSN to almost born canadian
New Escape Owners Pin Posted for Ely Minnesota

I made it home safely to northern Minnesota from orientation/pick up in Chilliwack. I towed our new 19' Escape with a Ram 2500hd truck with 6.4 liter hemi. Total driving time was 68 hours over five travel days. Mileage was 3750. The mountain passes outside Seattle, Couer d'Alene, and Butte were icy and slushy deterring most passenger cars and forcing semi trucks to chain up. I did use four wheel drive when I was slowed up behind traffic due to slush. Escape got the electric brakes calibrated with my truck and I had no problem on the trip.

The Escape staff was wonderful throughout orientation, tow vehicle hook up, and border crossing. Leaving Sumas I went thru Seattle at 5:00 pm on Hwy 405 avoiding downtown traffic (Seahawks played Monday Night Football too) and up I-90 toward Spokane.

The camper is now parked in our garage until our spring trip to Utah/Arizona. Camper height must be 9'-10".The a/c barely fit under our 10' garage door. We did buy the high lift axle.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape at Paul Bunyan Statue.jpg  
almost born canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Thanks for the report. Nice rig. Our 19 will be stored in our heated workshop with a 10ft door. We decided against the high lift axle because it would have been a tight fit. It would have fit, but too close for my comfort. The 6.4 hemi is a great engine - had one for years - downsized from the 2500 to the 1500 when I no longer required a real truck. Sometimes miss the 2500 but really like the mileage with the 1500 diesel. The high lift axle fits well with the higher 2500 height. Thanks again for sharing.
New Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Those with the Ram 1500, check your spare or rather lack of, you maybe surprised what is underneath, a temporary tire! I discovered this recently, went out and bought a full-sized wheel and tire and carry it in the bed.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:25 AM   #4

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Those with the Ram 1500, check your spare or rather lack of, you maybe surprised what is underneath, a temporary tire! I discovered this recently, went out and bought a full-sized wheel and tire and carry it in the bed.
And for the rest of us who have real spares check underneath to make sure it is still there once in awhile.
I discovered someone took mine when I was checking air in the tires. We added the antitheft part to our spares crank that needs the associated part to lower the spare. Not needed as all the thief had to do was crawl under the back and using a bar wedged into the metal piece that holds the tire up force down until the assembly loosened. Then he simply had to lift the very heavy tire up and feed the metal piece out of the way so he could take the tire.
I have no idea when it was taken as it is not noticeable unless you are under the truck . But it happened sometime after the time I checked the tire pressures last summer.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Nice trailer , Nice tow vehicle , GREAT LOCATION " ELY "
Oh how I miss the great polish sausage at Zup's and fishing in the BWCA .

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19', high lift axle, orientation, sumas, towing