New member looking to start RVing in a 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2019, 01:18 PM   #1

Trailer: NA
New member looking to start RVing in a 5.0TA

Comments on the insulating ability of the Escape 5.0TA. Will the heating/cooling units be constantly running in 30-40degree and 80-90degree weather?
ChuckPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckPK View Post
Comments on the insulating ability of the Escape 5.0TA. Will the heating/cooling units be constantly running in 30-40degree and 80-90degree weather?
Chuck I can only comment on the 5.0TA without any of the insulation packages. Yes
Old 08-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
Chuck I can only comment on the 5.0TA without any of the insulation packages. Yes
What are your thoughts on the level of insulation in the wall/roof?
Old 08-27-2019, 02:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckPK View Post
What are you thoughts on the level of insulation in the wall/roof?
Chuck I think the Escape trailers are constructed better than most trailers out there and that includes insulation. Still even with an insulation package, which would produce better results than what I get, how much R value can you have out of a couple of inches of insulation. But that's RVs in general. Some of the folks with the added insulation packages can give you their observations. There are a lot of them in Texas so they can comment on the heat situation.
Let me add that I had a Lance truck camper. Another company with a good reputation for quality. I had their insulation package and I didn't notice a lot of difference in that camper than in my trailer. The furnace in my Escape trailer is very quiet and the AC when the compressor kicks in is very loud. I still love the trailer.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
Chuck I think the Escape trailers are constructed better than most trailers out there and that includes insulation. Still even with an insulation package, which would produce better results than what I get, how much R value can you have out of a couple of inches of insulation. But that's RVs in general. Some of the folks with the added insulation packages can give you their observations. There are a lot of them in Texas so they can comment on the heat situation.
Let me add that I had a Lance truck camper. Another company with a good reputation for quality. I had their insulation package and I didn't notice a lot of difference in that camper than in my trailer. The furnace in my Escape trailer is very quiet and the AC when the compressor kicks in is very loud. I still love the trailer.
Thanks for the insights!
Old 08-27-2019, 04:03 PM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I seem to recall it's R3 on newer trailers but that might have changed. On our older unit, the extra insulation package is Reflectix, which has an R value of 1.

With the spray foam, extra insulation, and double pane windows,our furnace and A/C do NOT run constantly at those temps, not even close.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #7

Thanks Bob!
Old 08-27-2019, 06:07 PM   #8

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I seem to recall it's R3 on newer trailers but that might have changed. On our older unit, the extra insulation package is Reflectix, which has an R value of 1.

With the spray foam, extra insulation, and double pane windows,our furnace and A/C do NOT run constantly at those temps, not even close.
I concur. I have all the above and live deep in south Texas. Makes a big difference.