New Member - SW Ontario - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #1

Trailer: Tent - Looking to Upgrade
New Member - SW Ontario

Hi Everyone

I have been a member a couple of weeks and have enjoyed reading the threads and feeling the friendship from the group.

I am a couple years off from turning off the lights and locking the office door for the last time, but have been looking at options. As a “prairie boy” that moved to SW Ontario, I have had enough of snow and plan on moving to avoid it.

I first started researching some of the larger TTs because it seemed like the thing to do. Then I looked around at my place and realized that they would be bigger than what I have now. That brought me to researching Canadian built trailers and I landed here.

I am a long time tent camper but see a 21’ in my future.

In the meantime, I will hangout and read about your adventures.

Thanks

Andrew
Tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
Hi Everyone

I have been a member a couple of weeks and have enjoyed reading the threads and feeling the friendship from the group.

I am a couple years off from turning off the lights and locking the office door for the last time, but have been looking at options. As a “prairie boy” that moved to SW Ontario, I have had enough of snow and plan on moving to avoid it.

I first started researching some of the larger TTs because it seemed like the thing to do. Then I looked around at my place and realized that they would be bigger than what I have now. That brought me to researching Canadian built trailers and I landed here.

I am a long time tent camper but see a 21’ in my future.

In the meantime, I will hangout and read about your adventures.

Thanks

Andrew
Hi: Tin Man... Welcome from another SW Ontario resident. We were never tenters but started camping life under fiberglass. We have a rally in Niagara Falls at The Riverside Motel and Campground Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada and there will be lots of fiberglass trailers there including all models and sizes of Escapes. You'd be welcome to brouse on Saturday AM during our open house, or bring your tent and camp along with us Friday - Sunday Sept. 14-16th. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040873.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:39 AM   #3

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Welcome I’m a couple years away from retirement looking forward to escaping the winter months also going on long adventures without worrying about work. Now I camp as much as I can in the summer
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:43 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to our little world. Once you see an Escape you will be hooked. Attending a rally is the best way to see various models, as a solo camper you may want to start out with a smaller model and then possibly move up if so choose, with an Escape your investment is solid. What is your tow vehicle?
Old 09-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #5

Trailer: Tent - Looking to Upgrade
Thanks for the replies.

I did see the info on the rally, but I cannot make it this year. I am a diver and have 2 trips this month and my calendar is full. I will definitely keep some time for next year.

My tow vehicle will be an F150, so no concerns about weight/size.
Tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote