New order of a 2017 19ft - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 19ft escape on order
New order of a 2017 19ft

My wife and I just secured a build date of July 2017. Any suggestions of options to include would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron
siteseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Welcome to the Escape forum! Congratulations with your decision to take the plunge to own one of these marvellous trailers! You might want to share what kind of traveler you are and what you are interested in, and I am sure you will get lots of advice/help.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Ron, I'm waiting for my 3rd Escape so the build sheet has been completed 2 times before.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Welcome. We are in a similar situation as you. Thinking about build sheet options etc. I agree with Marry, a lot depends on what type of adventures you see yourself experiencing and how you plan to experience them. We live about an hour north of you in Ohio. Small world. We are due to have ours completed in February of 2017.
I suggest just trying to read as much as you can on this forum, and there is a ton of it. There is a wealth of information, opinions and experience to be shared. Good luck and have fun.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Welcome to the forum, siteseer! As has been mentioned, almost all options depend on your camping style and only you know what that is. In just about every case, you can use the Google search function to search for a particular option (say, extra insulation or custom flooring) and there will be a thread on it with both pros and cons. And there are pros and cons to every option. Since the list can add up quickly, both in number and in expense, chose wisely. I don't think there is one thing on the option list that is a must-have (that's why it's an option). Only the Escape trailer is a must-have in my opinion.

Again, welcome.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm aware of several 21' Escape owners in Ohio, if you contact the factory, they can arrange a showing so you cans first hand the quality.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:31 PM   #7

Thanks to all for the welcome, Dawn and I are both retired and looking forward to some longer trips not knowing what we will get into.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by siteseer View Post
...not knowing what we will get into.
And that's part of the adventure in this new chapter of your life. Enjoy every day!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #9

Thanks Marry my wife Dawn and I are retired and hope to see all parts of this great country. Having been a boy scout and the oldest of 5 boys, I have done a good bit of camping. I am not sure how this forum works what does quote and quote all mean? I am assuming Reply goes just to that one person. Thanks Ron
Old 06-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Hi Ron,

Quote means you want to include that person's post in your reply. Multi-quote is a bit more complicated - it's used when you want to quote from more than one post. You select multi-quote for each post you want to include, then in the bottom of the thread you select "post reply".

Whether you quote or not, your replies are seen by all because they become a part of that thread. If you don't want your reply seen, send a private message to that person instead, by clicking on their name and selecting "send a private message to...".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
This is what Quote looks like

This is what happens when you hit the quote button. If you hit the reply button, it's the same, except with no quotes in it. I've never used the multiple quote button yet.

Quote:
Thanks Marry my wife Dawn and I are retired and hope to see all parts of this great country. Having been a boy scout and the oldest of 5 boys, I have done a good bit of camping. I am not sure how this forum works what does quote and quote all mean? I am assuming Reply goes just to that one person. Thanks Ron
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #12

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
... Whether you quote or not, your replies are seen by all because they become a part of that thread. If you don't want your reply seen, send a private message to that person instead, by clicking on their name and selecting "send a private message to...".
Great explanation by Robert, as usual.
Also, if you want to reply to only one member you can send them e-mail from that same list of actions attached to their name... if they have allowed that in their preference settings.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
And, there is always the option of reading the instructions here:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...01-a-1845.html
Old 06-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
And, there is always the option of reading the instructions here:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...01-a-1845.html
Read the instructions? Doh!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #15

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Ron and Dawn, just fire away with questions you have about certain items on the build sheet you might be interested in. There are so many knowledgeable people willing to help, it's just amazing. By the time your build sheet is due you will be confident yours is truly designed for your needs. (and all the knowledge you gain in the mean time.......).
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
One of the hardest things about choosing options, for those with little RV camping/towing experience, is trying to envision the type of camping you will do. And then, in our case anyways, we expand the type of camping we want to do once we: learned how to tow and back-up the damn thing, once we had experienced the full-hook up private campgrounds and grown to love our provincial parks without any hookups.... we then ventured out onto BC Recreational Sites which tend to be in more rugged areas.

So we were delighted to have gone "all in" when choosing options: thermal package, solar and more. Now I kind of wish we had raised the trailer so we could travel more rough roads. All this to say for those choosing options try to envision how things may change as you grow into Escaping with your trailer.

FYI we chose the airconditioner and have used it 2x in two years. Glad to have it because as we age things may become more sedate as we head towards warmer climates with full hookups. No inverter thanks to advice from this forum. By the way, the Forum can cost you money as you learn about all the things you decide you "must have" for you trailer.

Enjoy the journey Larry
LarryandLiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:27 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
My wife and I just secured a build date of July 2017. Any suggestions of options to include would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron
I tell people to get anything they think they might possibly want. The exchange rate is so good that you will wish you could find such a deal on any items that you leave out and then decide to get later.

Then there are the additions that are best done by Escape that you would not want some RV shop doing that does not know fiberglass or Escapes.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 19
I am a first time trailer purchaser myself. Escape 19 May 2017. There is a ton of information on these forums and on the Internet. It all depends on what kind of experiences you plan to have and what you feel comfortable with, and what you can do without. Sarah in the sales department said she would walk me through each of the options I am considering. Welcome to the family!
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote