New Owners in VA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
New Owners in VA

Joanne and I met a couple while staying in VA Beach Easter weekend. They were biking through the park, saw our fiver and had to stop to tell us they had just picked up theirs the week before. They drove up to Indiana to pick it up--without having seen one in person. Very nice people. I was sorry when they had to leave. I can't find the card they gave me, but I hope they will visit here and introduce themselves.
Tammy thought there were 3 or 4 Escapes living in VA last year. It looks as if that number will be closer to 10 by the end of the summer.
Time for a party?

Dick
Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmath View Post
Time for a party?

Dick
Darn tootin', I'm in.
Though, it will be a few years before I make it there, gotta retire first.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Hi Dick

I'm a new member just joined today, earlier had emailed Escape to see where's the 5.0 close to home for us to see. We're near Toronto and there's one about 3 hours away BUT we're heading to our daughter and son-in-law's home in NC end of this month and think you may be just about on our route. Are you in Scottsville, will you be around April 29-30th? could you email me. Thanks, Adrian - atoms@rogers.com
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: captmath... We're going to be in Myrtle Beach St. Pk. during the last full week of Apr. How's about an Escape 5.0 party then? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Hope you're going to visit Myrtle Manor, maybe get some autographs, tattoos ...
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #6

Alf, Dick

Between the two of you perhaps we can get a peek at a 5.0. We plan to be in Hope Mills NC from April 30-May 6th or so, and planned to go to a beach - Myrtle Beach would not be far for us. What are the dates you'll be there Alf? Kim gave me your phone number yesterday and I shall be in touch, just not today - we live in Shelburne and have no power account ice storm.

Adrian
Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #7

Trailer: sold it
Hi Adrian.
We're from North Bay, Ontario. We're in Washington, DC right now, then heading down the coast somewhere, then heading home before the end of April. Where do you live?
Regards,
John
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Alf, Dick

Between the two of you perhaps we can get a peek at a 5.0. We plan to be in Hope Mills NC from April 30-May 6th or so, and planned to go to a beach - Myrtle Beach would not be far for us. What are the dates you'll be there Alf? Kim gave me your phone number yesterday and I shall be in touch, just not today - we live in Shelburne and have no power account ice storm.

Adrian
Hi: emers382... We'll be in Myrtle Beach from the 22nd.- 28th then wandering northward towards home. We could meet you May 1st. in Hope Mills N.C. and still be home for work on the 6th.
Sorry about your power outage. Here in S. Wet Ontario we missed the freezing rain... but may have to learn to tread water!!! Alf
Old 04-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #9

Hi Alf

Did it stop raining yet, we're free of the ice, except what is falling off the trees onto our roof, our power returned at 9:10pm. We'll let you know re seeing your trailer. Our daughter is expecting and told my wife today she is has so much morning sickness (she's due with first kid in Nov.) and her house is a mess and doesn't want us to visit, so - we may not be in NC we'll let you know, meanwhile I heard from Robert in North Bay who is passing our way end of the month so may be able to see his 5.0. A funny thing happened today, I had also been looking at the casita which must be rare in On. and pulling out of a mall in Orangeville today saw one parked by the road and stopped and saw the trailer 17ft. liberty which my wife liked the plan for, the owners had just hauled it back from Missouri where they bought it to Orangeville where they live. It looked good but still think the Escape is the better buy.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #10

Hi again Alf - sorry that's John Roberts we heard from from North Bay.

Adrian
Old 04-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Great idea, but unfortunately we will be employed through the end of May and I have to work late the 23rd and 26th. Come June though . . . .
I am thinking some weekend in late August after we return from BC.

Dick

On third thought: We will be heading west to BC in late June, early July. If nothing else works out, we could swing through your area?
Old 04-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Hi Alf

Did it stop raining yet, we're free of the ice, except what is falling off the trees onto our roof, our power returned at 9:10pm. We'll let you know re seeing your trailer. Our daughter is expecting and told my wife today she is has so much morning sickness (she's due with first kid in Nov.) and her house is a mess and doesn't want us to visit, so - we may not be in NC we'll let you know, meanwhile I heard from Robert in North Bay who is passing our way end of the month so may be able to see his 5.0. A funny thing happened today, I had also been looking at the casita which must be rare in On. and pulling out of a mall in Orangeville today saw one parked by the road and stopped and saw the trailer 17ft. liberty which my wife liked the plan for, the owners had just hauled it back from Missouri where they bought it to Orangeville where they live. It looked good but still think the Escape is the better buy.
Hi: emers382...Funny thing you should mention that Casita. Some folks from greater St.Louis MO. area that we met in Tenn. last Apr. bought a 19' Escape and sold their Casita. Hmmm? We'll be seing them next week. Alf
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #13

Alf - just talked to our daughter this morning and she's more accommodating re our potential visit so looks like we're heading to Hope Mills on the 29th - maybe stopping to see Dick's unit in VA but would still love to see you and your fiver in Hope Mills, will let you know for sure. Thx again, Adrian
Old 04-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Alf - just talked to our daughter this morning and she's more accommodating re our potential visit so looks like we're heading to Hope Mills on the 29th - maybe stopping to see Dick's unit in VA but would still love to see you and your fiver in Hope Mills, will let you know for sure. Thx again, Adrian
Hi: emers382... We're off early AM. Tue. for Tenn. Then over to Myrtle Beach leaving on the 29th. to come back north. Sorry I don't have a cell phone so I have only my wife's lap top for communication. You can send me a private message on the forum as to where you will be in Hope Mills, or a nearby Wallo Mart for a meeting spot. Alf
Old 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #15

Thx Alf - I'll let you know. If you don't hear it's because we didn't go!
Have a great time on your holiday, looking forward to meeting you if not in two weeks then some other time - maybe Sept. in Niagara
Adrian