New potential owner - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21
New potential owner

Hi all. Just a new potential owner here. Interested in the new 23 model. I live in the Yukon and plan on spending winters on the Baja. TV is a 2016 GMC Canyon diesel so no issues pulling the 23. Interested in hearing how much solar others have added to their rigs. My current unit is a small Rockford A122s hardside popup. Love it but too small for extended stays for my liking. Love the custom build aspect of the Escape. Funny but I have driven by the factory many times and never really noticed it. Looks like a terrific alternative to a Bigfoot and the rest of the stick units out there.
oksourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Ernie, see here for some info on the E23 #117 http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...e-16424-6.html
Old 11-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 21
Thanks for the link. I'm hoping to get more info from the factory tomorrow on the E23. Like the idea of the queen bed. Even better would be a twin bed setup like the new Bigfoot twin.
oksourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
All we have is 1 solar panel installed by Escape, combined with the dual batteries. We have 100% boondocked over the past year and never had a problem running out of power, even on cloudy days or when the trailer was in the shade. The one panel has provided more than adequate power to run the furnace fan, exhaust fan, power awning, power jack, water pump, radio/CD player, light up the inside at night, and charge our devices. We do not, however, run things like a television, electric coffee maker, or microwave.

It would all depend on your options and how much power you think you'll need as to whether you would need additional solar. I've actually been amazed at how well the 1 panel does and how quickly it charges the batteries in the morning. It's like running out of power is just not something I have to think about. Others will report they had Escape add a second panel, or they use a portable system, which gives them a lot more capacity. Again, it depends on what options you have, how you'll be using them, and what sort of camping you're planning to do. The Baja plan sounds like a ton of fun, by the way!!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 19 foot
Hi we bought the factory installed unit comes with 6 volt batteries. We will pick it up at the factory in Chilliwack in the new year. We are also interested in the Baja this winter