New to Escape Forum & a couple of questions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 2013
New to Escape Forum & a couple of questions

While camping on the Guadalupe, our friends gave us a tour of their 21' Escape. It felt like going from the Casita to a castle on wheels. I have many questions and would love to have someone on the forum, give me thoughts.

What is the Cot to Cot ready?
Can you have the DVD wired to play on the tv if plugged in at the dinette and at the area at the foot of the bed. We would like to not have that cumbersome looking arm, if at all possible.
Can you sit up and read with the position of the shelf above the bed?
Husband has a CPAP...do you have pictures to help us know how to order the configuration for setting it up and plugging in?

Thank you for being there for all of us...Charlotte in Texas
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Charlotte,
First off you need to see an Escape 19 and 17, they have the cot ready option, not the 21 model. As far as reading in the bed, yes it is achievable, you can place your tv location either in the rear dinette area or by the bed or even both locations. CPAP requires electric by the bed and there is an outlet in most models by the bed.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #3

New to Escape Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Charlotte,
First off you need to see an Escape 19 and 17, they have the cot ready option, not the 21 model. As far as reading in the bed, yes it is achievable, you can place your tv location either in the rear dinette area or by the bed or even both locations. CPAP requires electric by the bed and there is an outlet in most models by the bed.
Thank you so much for your answer to my questions. I believe our only concern is being able to comfortably sit against the wall and read or watch TV. We'll have to take a closer look at our friend's 21.

Again, thanks so much...Charlotte
Old 11-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
My wife and I decided to delete the shelf above the permanent bed in our 2017 21'

we could not sit up and have our backs against the front wall with the shelf there.

however I seem to recall that some people turn 90 degrees, and lean against the bathroom wall, and look out the window.

we'll keep our 'clutter' (phones, ipad, etc) on top of the drawer stack, and my wife wanted to have her back at the front of the trailer, thus no shelf.

So awesome to have all these choices.

We just sold our 17' Casita and are very excited to have, as you say, a castle to camp in.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:24 PM   #5

21'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
My wife and I decided to delete the shelf above the permanent bed in our 2017 21'

we could not sit up and have our backs against the front wall with the shelf there.

however I seem to recall that some people turn 90 degrees, and lean against the bathroom wall, and look out the window.

we'll keep our 'clutter' (phones, ipad, etc) on top of the drawer stack, and my wife wanted to have her back at the front of the trailer, thus no shelf.

So awesome to have all these choices.

We just sold our 17' Casita and are very excited to have, as you say, a castle to camp in.
I wonder if y'all could send pictures of you sitting on the bed? Also, how you have your television mounted? Anything else you could think of, I would just love to see your ideas.
We are 2 + hours from the nearest 21' foot. Thanks so much...Charlotte
Old 11-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
I wonder if y'all could send pictures of you sitting on the bed? Also, how you have your television mounted? Anything else you could think of, I would just love to see your ideas.
We are 2 + hours from the nearest 21' foot. Thanks so much...Charlotte
we wont mount a tv. we use ipads and laptops for movies....

if you are interested in maybe upgrading to a 21' Escape I'd encourage you to drive the 2 hours to see one..... or go to a nearby rally (if there are any) and see a few different Escapes. It was very very helpful for us to make all the right decisions for customizing ours.

plus many super nice folks go to fiberglass rallys.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #7

Reply to LosAngeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
we wont mount a tv. we use ipads and laptops for movies....

if you are interested in maybe upgrading to a 21' Escape I'd encourage you to drive the 2 hours to see one..... or go to a nearby rally (if there are any) and see a few different Escapes. It was very very helpful for us to make all the right decisions for customizing ours.

plus many super nice folks go to fiberglass rallys.
We have seen the 17 and 19. But! While camping, our friends showed us their brand new 21". They are wonderful, writing to us and answering questions. We love our 17' LD. Wayne put in twin beds and has made lots of modivications. But, with wanting to see America, we are thinking the 21' will be such a luxury.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts...nice to be in the Escape neighborhood...Charlotte
Old 11-15-2016, 01:02 PM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
FWIW... Just another idea for you. I do not use a TV arm, actually rarely use it. But when I do, it sits on the stove cover, which is in the same place as on in a 21. Our bed is in a different place then on a 21 so no help with the viewing angle from there.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
While camping on the Guadalupe, our friends gave us a tour of their 21' Escape.

Can you sit up and read with the position of the shelf above the bed?

Thank you for being there for all of us...Charlotte in Texas
Welcome.
No, you cannot sit up in bed. That is why we had the shelf omitted.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We were able to sit up crossways, looking out the side window, we also sat up length wise but used the pillow for a 45 degree elevation, whereas sideways we were more erect. The shelf became indispensable for the alarm clock, tissues, eye glasses at night.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:46 PM   #11

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Hi Charlotte and welcome to the forum. My wife and I have the 21 on order and we are getting the front window by the bed. No upper shelf though some folks here on the forum say you can't sit up in the bed when we look a a 21 ourselves we found we had no problem lounging around there.

Our TV will be sitting on the shelve or on the dinette table when we use it so at this time we plan on not having a TV mount. As others have said there are so many ways to option your trailer that you can make it your own and as comfortable for yourselves as you wish. Good luck with whatever your selections might be.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:46 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We lean against the wall in our 21 while reading, propped up against pillows. I suppose if you sit up bolt upright the shelf might be in the way. I am 6 ft tall. We really like the shelf over our heads.
Bob K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote