New to us 2015 Escape 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2019, 09:23 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
New to us 2015 Escape 21

We are Shirley and Larry, retired teachers who are experienced in Casitas but "four foot fever" prompted us to start planning a move to an Escape 21.This forum has been a wealth of information over the past year that we have followed it. We were putting together a list of "must haves" and planning to order soon when a lovely one became available near us. Many of you may be familiar with "Spirit of the Plains", owned first by Loren and Cathy. Cathy was in charge of the sale and there was much she didn't know about how things work in the camper, so I am sure as issues arise we will need the expertise of this forum's members! There were systems we couldn't test as the temperature was in the teens when we purchased, so we took a chance since it was obviously maintained well. Many thanks in advance-You already helped a ton with adjusting the Anderson hitch! Looking forward to seeing many of you on the road.
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Shirley
Glad to hear you got an Escape 21. i'm sure you'll find it to be a great trailer and make lots of memories with it. Loren stopped by our place with his Escape on his way home with it a few years ago. It's a very well appointed Escape. Depending on your camping style and future plans I wanted to make you aware of a couple rallies in our area that you would be welcome to attend and find numerous Escape 21s in attendance with veteran owners who could help you with systems questions or modification improvements they have made. First will be the Pikes peak Iowa Rally in NE Iowa the second full weekend in may from May 8 to the morning of May 12. Its at Pikes Peak State park near McGregor Iowa. Lots of details on Fiberglass RV. Second is the Mississippi River Rally at Thomson Causeway Corps of Engineers camp ground near Thompson Illinois from September 25 or so through September 29. Last year there were nearly 30 Escapes at this rally, We are in sites 99 to 129 or so. you'll see the loop if you look at the campground map. Sites are booking now for both of these rallies. Best of luck with your new rig, She's a classic and a great travel trailer.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-27-2019, 01:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treblemaker View Post
We are Shirley and Larry, retired teachers who are experienced in Casitas but "four foot fever" prompted us to start planning a move to an Escape 21.This forum has been a wealth of information over the past year that we have followed it. We were putting together a list of "must haves" and planning to order soon when a lovely one became available near us. Many of you may be familiar with "Spirit of the Plains", owned first by Loren and Cathy. Cathy was in charge of the sale and there was much she didn't know about how things work in the camper, so I am sure as issues arise we will need the expertise of this forum's members! There were systems we couldn't test as the temperature was in the teens when we purchased, so we took a chance since it was obviously maintained well. Many thanks in advance-You already helped a ton with adjusting the Anderson hitch! Looking forward to seeing many of you on the road.
I'm Larry-aka bndnrd- Ditto what my beautiful wife said.
bndnrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Welcome to the family! Greetings from Texas and hope to meet you one day.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #5

Hi Larry
Are you a marching band guy.? That’s my guess from your screen name. My daughter who has a 1974 Boler was president of the marching band in her high school the year she was a senior and my son was in the Jazz band a couple years before. We’ve watched a lot of high school band performances. And enjoyed them all.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #6

Hello IA Dave,
Shirley & I are marching band parents. We followed our three children from 2000-2010 while they marched for the Blue Springs Golden Regiment here in MO. Our oldest son continued in this profession and is currently the marching director in the Austin, TX area. We camp for 6 wks. in the fall at the Lake Georgetown COE while we indulge ourselves in the most competitive HS marching band contests in the US. We so look forward to the extra space our E21 will provide us and the opportunity for more that one grandchild at a time. BTW--we just finished registering for the Pike's Peak rally in May.
Larry
bndnrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:36 PM   #7

Thank you! We just registered for the Pikes Peak rally and are excited already! Hoping for a shakedown trip close to home in April. We just sold our Casita and are beginning to familiarize ourselves with our new mansion. (It seems huge to us! Even room for our old 92 lb German Shepard mix, who took up the entire floor before.)
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #8

That’s at least 5 21s if not more at Pikes Peak. They’ve become popular for a lot of reasons. For us it’s the width inside the trailer. Looking forward to meeting you.
Iowa Dave and Rita
Old 03-27-2019, 04:54 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
nearly everyone I know with an Escape 21, including myself, AND my Escape's previous owners, upgraded from Casitas
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote