Omg omg omg! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Omg omg omg!

Hi, my name is Brenda, and after about 7 years of being a "Senior Lurker" on this site, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a 17B today. I live a couple of hours east of Edmonton, Alberta, and I'm moving up from my Aliner, which I've had for 11 years. After this long lurking on this forum, I pretty much have my build sheet down...so much info from so many great people!
A couple of questions - I received my welcome letter and the trim colour chart and the standard layout/outlets came through, but there was another PDF file that I clicked on and it said it was empty. I'm assuming this would have been the build sheet? I've already sent Sarah an email asking about this. Secondly, I asked about exterior photos of the 17, and Sarah said she thought they'd already been posted on the forum. I'm on the forum pretty much daily, and I haven't been able to find them. Could anyone tell me which thread they would be under?
Thanks so much! Counting the days until April 11, 2017...1 year, 1 week...
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Welcome Brenda! Lurk no more.

Try saving the attachment rather than clicking on it in your email client/browser. Then open the saved file with Adobe Reader. Should work.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Congratulations Brenda!! Glad another escape is coming to Alberta! There is a thread from the office here on the forum, but for now it only shows outside pictures from the 19. For questions, Sarah is well known for responding. Don't worry, she will get back to you. Hope to see you traveling some day!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Brenda. Welcome to the Escape family and you didn't have to lurk so long. Anyway, join in our discussions and I don't think anyone around here bites. Have fun and if you have questions, you've seen what a helpful and friendly bunch there is around here. We just got our first trailer last Sept. and without the help from this forum a lot of mistakes would have been made. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:07 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Congratulations! I remember the excitement when we first put in our order and the constant questioning our decisions as we put together our build sheet. We are still gaga about our Escape 21 and loving it. I'm convinced it will be our last trailer and should still have value for resale when we are too old to camp (I hope thats a long way off, because I just turned 65).
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:57 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the non-lurking side of the forum, Brenda.
And congrats on your order.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Welcome Brenda. It is great to have another Escape in the neighborhood. Maybe we will see you in your travels.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
Congratulations! I remember the excitement when we first put in our order and the constant questioning our decisions as we put together our build sheet. We are still gaga about our Escape 21 and loving it. I'm convinced it will be our last trailer and should still have value for resale when we are too old to camp (I hope thats a long way off, because I just turned 65).
Bob K
Congrats to you Bob on turning 65, I did last year and Beth turned 65 the end of March and can hardly wait for that first OAS deposit the end of this month. As her Irish "nana", a lady who never worked so never got CPP, said "she liked turning 65 because the government paid her for being old!"

Brenda, congratulations on graduating from senior lurker to junior member! Great to have another "Prairie Escape"

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:01 PM   #9

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Thanks for all the welcomes. It all seems kind of surreal that I've actually ordered one!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
A big Texas welcome!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote