On the road with our new 19! - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
On the road with our new 19!

After a dash from Ohio to the west coast, we picked up our new 19 at the factory on June 12. It was stunning, sitting there awaiting our orientation session. Official transfer to us at Bob's Burgers and Brew went perfectly, and we turned right around and pulled it back to Canada with no problem. After a couple of nights at Lake Chilliwack to check things out while still near the mothership, we headed off to Winthrop WA, Portland, and now we're in Santa Rosa CA. We really love our Escape. After starting with motorcycle camping, then a teardrop, a 13' Scamp, a 16' Casita, we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road. I really appreciate all the coaching we got here on the forum during our ordering process. We pretty well maxed out our options and have no regrets over our choices. We're still learning about the Escape and will have some questions to post elsewhere on the site. Meanwhile, we're really enjoying ourselves.

Happy Campers,
Parker and Carol

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Great to hear you guys are enjoying your new 19.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Congratulations! There is a camp ground with full and partial hook-ups at Casini Ranch Campground and RV park. It is off Highway 116 on the road to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, along the Russian River. It is inland from Jenner by about 4 miles. You can unhook and explore everything from the redwoods to Mendocino and the quaint little town of Occidental. Hopefully you will have the time to do that. If you are going back to Springfield, OR, and have the time, will you be joining the fgrv group in Bandon? Hope so.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #4

Congratulations! We will be picking up our 19 in September. We are going down to Winthrop too to visit some relatives. Where did you stay there? We are busy planning our trip details.

Happy Travels!

John and Brenda
Jrn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
...we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road...l
That, too, was my philosophy when ordering...I figured do it once, do it right. So far I haven't regretted any decisions I made.

Would love to see some pics of your new and last trailer!
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Congratulations! There is a camp ground with full and partial hook-ups at Casini Ranch Campground and RV park. It is off Highway 116 on the road to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, along the Russian River. It is inland from Jenner by about 4 miles. You can unhook and explore everything from the redwoods to Mendocino and the quaint little town of Occidental. Hopefully you will have the time to do that. If you are going back to Springfield, OR, and have the time, will you be joining the fgrv group in Bandon? Hope so.
We have the good fortune of "camping" in the driveway of some friends here in Santa Rosa. My wife grew up in Sonoma. It just so happens that I visited Occidental yesterday when I missed the turn for Sebastopol! We're heading back toward OH on Monday, with our next outing being the Escape Rally in Niagara. Need to go home and pay a little attention to things there before heading out again.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
That, too, was my philosophy when ordering...I figured do it once, do it right. So far I haven't regretted any decisions I made.

Would love to see some pics of your new and last trailer!
I'll have to get to work on that. We picked it up in the rain, immediately drove on gravel roads with it, and have only done a marginal cleanup of the outside since. It looks well used already!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn56 View Post
Congratulations! We will be picking up our 19 in September. We are going down to Winthrop too to visit some relatives. We're did you stay there? We are busy planning our trip details.
Thanks! We camped at the Silverline Resort. It's a great spot, just up the hill from town, and is situated on a beautiful lake.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
We have the good fortune of "camping" in the driveway of some friends here in Santa Rosa. My wife grew up in Sonoma. It just so happens that I visited Occidental yesterday when I missed the turn for Sebastopol! We're heading back toward OH on Monday, with our next outing being the Escape Rally in Niagara. Need to go home and pay a little attention to things there before heading out again.
Wrong Springfield, sorry. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
I am sure your wife knows all the fun spots in and around the Santa Rosa area. More for you to explore at another time.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Wrong Springfield, sorry. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
I am sure your wife knows all the fun spots in and around the Santa Rosa area. More for you to explore at another time.
I think there is a Springfield in nearly every state! We hope to get back out here again and will keep the rally in mind for next time. Thanks.