On the road with our new 19! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
On the road with our new 19!

After a dash from Ohio to the west coast, we picked up our new 19 at the factory on June 12. It was stunning, sitting there awaiting our orientation session. Official transfer to us at Bob's Burgers and Brew went perfectly, and we turned right around and pulled it back to Canada with no problem. After a couple of nights at Lake Chilliwack to check things out while still near the mothership, we headed off to Winthrop WA, Portland, and now we're in Santa Rosa CA. We really love our Escape. After starting with motorcycle camping, then a teardrop, a 13' Scamp, a 16' Casita, we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road. I really appreciate all the coaching we got here on the forum during our ordering process. We pretty well maxed out our options and have no regrets over our choices. We're still learning about the Escape and will have some questions to post elsewhere on the site. Meanwhile, we're really enjoying ourselves.

Happy Campers,
Parker and Carol
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Great to hear you guys are enjoying your new 19.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Congratulations! There is a camp ground with full and partial hook-ups at Casini Ranch Campground and RV park. It is off Highway 116 on the road to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, along the Russian River. It is inland from Jenner by about 4 miles. You can unhook and explore everything from the redwoods to Mendocino and the quaint little town of Occidental. Hopefully you will have the time to do that. If you are going back to Springfield, OR, and have the time, will you be joining the fgrv group in Bandon? Hope so.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #4

Congratulations! We will be picking up our 19 in September. We are going down to Winthrop too to visit some relatives. Where did you stay there? We are busy planning our trip details.

Happy Travels!

John and Brenda
Jrn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
...we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road...l
That, too, was my philosophy when ordering...I figured do it once, do it right. So far I haven't regretted any decisions I made.

Would love to see some pics of your new and last trailer!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Congratulations! There is a camp ground with full and partial hook-ups at Casini Ranch Campground and RV park. It is off Highway 116 on the road to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, along the Russian River. It is inland from Jenner by about 4 miles. You can unhook and explore everything from the redwoods to Mendocino and the quaint little town of Occidental. Hopefully you will have the time to do that. If you are going back to Springfield, OR, and have the time, will you be joining the fgrv group in Bandon? Hope so.
We have the good fortune of "camping" in the driveway of some friends here in Santa Rosa. My wife grew up in Sonoma. It just so happens that I visited Occidental yesterday when I missed the turn for Sebastopol! We're heading back toward OH on Monday, with our next outing being the Escape Rally in Niagara. Need to go home and pay a little attention to things there before heading out again.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
That, too, was my philosophy when ordering...I figured do it once, do it right. So far I haven't regretted any decisions I made.

Would love to see some pics of your new and last trailer!
I'll have to get to work on that. We picked it up in the rain, immediately drove on gravel roads with it, and have only done a marginal cleanup of the outside since. It looks well used already!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn56 View Post
Congratulations! We will be picking up our 19 in September. We are going down to Winthrop too to visit some relatives. We're did you stay there? We are busy planning our trip details.
Thanks! We camped at the Silverline Resort. It's a great spot, just up the hill from town, and is situated on a beautiful lake.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
We have the good fortune of "camping" in the driveway of some friends here in Santa Rosa. My wife grew up in Sonoma. It just so happens that I visited Occidental yesterday when I missed the turn for Sebastopol! We're heading back toward OH on Monday, with our next outing being the Escape Rally in Niagara. Need to go home and pay a little attention to things there before heading out again.
Wrong Springfield, sorry. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
I am sure your wife knows all the fun spots in and around the Santa Rosa area. More for you to explore at another time.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Wrong Springfield, sorry. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
I am sure your wife knows all the fun spots in and around the Santa Rosa area. More for you to explore at another time.
I think there is a Springfield in nearly every state! We hope to get back out here again and will keep the rally in mind for next time. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #11

Congrats and enjoy your trip. We will be getting our 19 in August and have some questions. Did you have/need reservations at lake chilliwack? Is it a nice campground? How far from escape?
Any problems with the trailer? I think you got the Andersen hitch, how Did that go?

Thanks

Dave
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Congrats! I grew up outside Oxford, so maybe on a visit 'home' we'll swing by to see your adaptations. Our 19 complete date Oct. 1. Eavesdropping on Forum helping us make decisions
Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: Parker... Looking forward to seeing you at the Niagara Wine Escape. I know you and Carol are enjoying the trip... and we even like dirty pic's!!! We're off for the Canada Day weekend to boondock camp on a workmates creekside property. Sure hope he's got some anchors for just in case. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #14

Sounds like fun Alf! See you in Niagara; will be quite different than Eggscursion I suspect. We'll be in our new digs, and exploring new areas for us.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #15

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Winthrop has a nice little state park at Perrigin Lake.
We stayed there a number of years ago woth our Bolet
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
I know you are having fun! Thanks for all your help with building ours. Looking forward to the Escape adventures you are enjoying.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
ksb

Trailer: _
Quote:
After a dash from Ohio to the west coast, we picked up our new 19 at the factory on June 12. It was stunning, sitting there awaiting our orientation session. Official transfer to us at Bob's Burgers and Brew went perfectly, and we turned right around and pulled it back to Canada with no problem. After a couple of nights at Lake Chilliwack to check things out while still near the mothership, we headed off to Winthrop WA, Portland, and now we're in Santa Rosa CA. We really love our Escape. After starting with motorcycle camping, then a teardrop, a 13' Scamp, a 16' Casita, we feel like we've finally arrived at a camper that will serve our needs for as long as we're able to be on the road. I really appreciate all the coaching we got here on the forum during our ordering process. We pretty well maxed out our options and have no regrets over our choices. We're still learning about the Escape and will have some questions to post elsewhere on the site. Meanwhile, we're really enjoying ourselves.

Happy Campers,
Parker and Carol
that's wonderful....good to hear about your experiences.

We too have made the progression from pop-up to scamp 5th wheel but now we are thinking of an Escape...what brought you to your decision to purchase an Escape? I know the quality is fabulous....

would love to have a bigger bath with comfortable dinette....Did you consider the Escape 5.0?
ksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #18

Trailer: 19' Escape on order
Congrats

Quote:
After a dash from Ohio to the west coast, we picked up our new 19 at the factory on June 12.
Congratulations! I have to work on being patient as my 19' won't be ready until early October. But I, too, will be making the trek from the east (Illinois) to pick her up. I'm following your trek with great interest. Keep posting your experiences and adventures. They're interesting and helpful.
Carol in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1 View Post
Congrats and enjoy your trip. We will be getting our 19 in August and have some questions. Did you have/need reservations at lake chilliwack? Is it a nice campground? How far from escape?
Any problems with the trailer? I think you got the Andersen hitch, how Did that go?
Hi Dave,

Sorry, we've been out enjoying the local treats and I've not been near the computer. We had reservations at Chilliwack Lake. They would not have been necessary during the week, but the place filled up over the weekend. It's a nice, clean, fairly remote campground, with very few services. The lake itself is beautiful. The nearest cell phone service is about 20 miles away, which some would consider a good thing. Distance from Escape was maybe 30-35 miles. You'll need to fill your propane tanks before heading there, which we did at a service station very near Escape.

The biggest problem we've had with the Escape, and this is saying something, is the smoke/CO detector. Ours seems to be very sensitive to increases in relative humidity, and more than once it's awakened us about 5:00 am as the temperature drops. We have lots of ventilation when sleeping, which seems to help only a little. Reace has offered to replace it by sending one to our home, which is about as much as we could ask. Apparently some of these detectors are overly sensitive. I want to check on some small mods when we get home, such as vents in the bathroom door, but all-in-all we're extremely happy with the Escape.

One thing to be aware of is that when you go to pick up your Escape, they're all about getting you checked out and on your way. Everyone is very friendly and accommodating, but it's not a tea and cookies event. They want to get you out there with your new camper and begin preparing for the next arrival. They have this whole process well thought out and it's a very efficient operation.

The Anderson hitch works great. It takes me a little more time to set up at camp and prepare for departure compared to our Casita, but that's getting better with practice. The hitch itself has performed really well, and I'd definitely go that way again. I've never used the conventional type with arms, which I think may be a little faster to hook/unhook, but probably not by much.

Hope this helps.
Parker
Old 06-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
I know you are having fun! Thanks for all your help with building ours. Looking forward to the Escape adventures you are enjoying.
You're going to love it. The next Eggscursion will be really exciting!