Options, Options, Options??? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #11

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Karen's suggestion is a great one.

Don's list is extensive, so I'd just say, don't be intimidated. A short list still makes for an excellent trailer. Our list was relatively short, and if I were doing it again with the benefit of hindsight, it would be even a bit shorter.

--Liz

Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Our trailer has most of the common options available with a few of the custom type options. The one area I wish we had know more about was the table. we have the standard table with removable pedestals. I wish we had the hinged on the wall table and this must be done early in the build so we can't change it after the fact. Also if I had to do it over again I would have all pull out drawers where the wardrobe is, we had shelves put in there which means we have baskets to keep things organised but drawers would be better in my opinion.
I do think that perspective on how you like to camp makes a big impact on how you kit out your trailer. Good luck this was a very fun part for us.

dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #13

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Debra and Michael, we live in Escondido about 100 miles North of where you are in Baja and would be happy to show you our trailer if it would help you decide on options. We know it helped us when we were buying.

Steve & Margarita
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Don, what does "front cot ready" mean? Will you be sleeping in the front and eating at the u-shaped dinette in the rear or will the dinette turn into a bed at night?

Regards,
Ruthe
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvomaha View Post
Don's list is extensive, so I'd just say, don't be intimidated. A short list still makes for an excellent trailer. Our list was relatively short, and if I were doing it again with the benefit of hindsight, it would be even a bit shorter.

--Liz
Liz, you just said what I was getting at way better than I did. I did not opt for many options, and have never felt any need for them. Maybe A/C would have been nice on a couple days most, but we managed very well without.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Don, what does "front cot ready" mean? Will you be sleeping in the front and eating at the u-shaped dinette in the rear or will the dinette turn into a bed at night?

Regards,
Ruthe
Ruthe, I believe it is for a bunk above the dinette. The backing for supports needs to be added when the trailer first comes out of its moulds.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
DonM,

Very impressive design, I too am inclined to add a lot of options while its being constructed. And, we too will have Super Dog Navigator

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your new trailer.
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Debra and Michael, welcome. You are going to have fun with the outfitting part.

We would not have bought without insulation and thermal windows and A/C. Escapes up for resale have sat because those interested wanted A/C. We do expect to use the A/C some if not a great deal of the time. We also would not be without a dual water heater (electric and propane) and microwave and door at the bench end. Also had to have a weight distributing hitch. Glad we have the window over the sink as it is the only place you see out when up and about. Very few 19s are ordered without dual propane and dual batteries.

As others have said, it depends entirely on whether you are boondocking a lot (do you need solar?), how you cook (we have a stove for outside and/or use the microwave), whether you have to constantly convert the dinette to an additional bed, perhaps need an exterior shower for lots of beach sand, or just whatever else is particular to your camping life.

We have a pull-out spray faucet and other items which are not necessary but nice to have. I would not get rid of any standard equipment as that can be a resale problem or your own problem when you realize that you actually did need that feature you left out.

I wish we had the brown shades!
As you can see, everyone has different likes and needs.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Front cot ready means that during the build, the factory installs some wooden supports in the wall and includes a cot for children that will mount over the front dinette and attach to these wooden supports. It is listed as an option.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post

Regards,
Ruthe
It is an added sleeping option for extra kids / grand kids. You won't catch me sleeping there. Just like a bunk bed over the front dinette.

The decision to have the extra hanging cot brackets must be done early in the build phase. Reinforcing in the walls.
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape
In the 19' Escape options: