Our only Build Sheet issue... I lost. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA for September 8, 2017 delivery
Our only Build Sheet issue... I lost.

Torque Wench - I want the oven.
Lug Nut - Oven?! Are you kidding? We aren't going camping to bake, visualizing flour flying as she bakes biscuits.
TW - I want the oven.
LN - Honey, you do your baking at home, freeze it, and heat it up in the microwave.
TW - I want the oven.
LN - We live in Florida. We are going to be trying to cool the RV down, not fire up an oven in a small space.
TW - I want the oven

Other than losing that one, our Build Sheet is coming along famously. We are going with the U-shaped dinette and after reading all the positive threads of people who installed the Dicor Cosmo pedestal table with 4-way sliding top, we are thinking of doing the same. However, I'm having problems finding a retailer who sells it. Waiting on a response from Dicor on where I can find it.

Torque Wench is picking out Formica, vinyl and fabric, so there's still the possibility my 0-1 BS issue record could get worse!
Lug Nut & Torque Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We went through the same dilemma, and the dear wife wins out, we too are getting an oven. No microwave though, as we rarely use it at home, and it does not work boondocking anyway.

Th Dicor slide can be bought through Dicor directly. I would recommend adapting it to the Springfield pedestal, as the Dicor pedestal only has 3 fixed heights, the bottom of which will not adapt to the seat height in an Escape.

We worked together on laminate, flooring and fabric, though have similar tastes. Just need to pick the vinyl graphics colour.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
How can it be a loss for you, Lug; you now get to enjoy freshly baked pastries in the morning and hot pizza in the evening. Sounds like a win-win to me.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We went through the same dilemma, and the dear wife wins out, we too are getting an oven. No microwave though, as we rarely use it at home, and it does not work boondocking anyway.

Th Dicor slide can be bought through Dicor directly. I would recommend adapting it to the Springfield pedestal, as the Dicor pedestal only has 3 fixed heights, the bottom of which will not adapt to the seat height in an Escape.

We worked together on laminate, flooring and fabric, though have similar tastes. Just need to pick the vinyl graphics colour.
Jim:

I already have the Springfield pedestal and we are planning on having the U shaped dinette in our 21' to be. However, we plan for the table top to be 18" front to back and to have a filler board to go in front of the lowered table top for whenever we want to make it into a bed. I would like to get the Dicor four way slide instead of the Escape slide but I understand it would have to be modified to work on a table top that is only 18" front to back. Do you know if that would work? And if so, could you walk me through how to do it step by step? Seems I recall you commenting on this in the past, but I could be wrong.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Just measured mine and your table should not be less than 22.5" front to back to use the Dicor slide. With a smaller table I would want to be the one installing everything as well to be sure everything lines up.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:32 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug Nut & Torque Wench View Post
Lug Nut - Oven?! Are you kidding? We aren't going camping to bake, visualizing flour flying as she bakes biscuits.
TW - I want the oven.
LN - Honey, you do your baking at home, freeze it, and heat it up in the microwave.
TW - I want the oven.
LN - We live in Florida. We are going to be trying to cool the RV down, not fire up an oven in a small space.
TW - I want the oven

Other than losing that one, our Build Sheet is coming along famously. We are going with the U-shaped dinette and after reading all the positive threads of people who installed the Dicor Cosmo pedestal table with 4-way sliding top, we are thinking of doing the same. However, I'm having problems finding a retailer who sells it. Waiting on a response from Dicor on where I can find it.

Torque Wench is picking out Formica, vinyl and fabric, so there's still the possibility my 0-1 BS issue record could get worse!
Hi: Lug Nut and Torque Wench... Lucky me. Ours was a non issue. My wife said "If I want baking... I knead to stop at a bakery"!!!
Besides the drawers are too important to lose. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030835.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug Nut & Torque Wench View Post
TW - I want the oven.
TW - I want the oven.
TW - I want the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

Happy Wife, Happy Life!!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You win! I just have to ask... does she pick out YOUR tools?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You hush! [emoji3]

But, you are right.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-17-2016, 10:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Just measured mine and your table should not be less than 22.5" front to back to use the Dicor slide. With a smaller table I would want to be the one installing everything as well to be sure everything lines up.
That's what I thought, but is there a way to cut the Dicor 4 way slide down to fit on a smaller table, or would that destroy it? We thought that at 18" lowered down with a custom cushion it would make a lounge area, like what has been seen in Toto.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
So we had the opposite oven debate. I didn't want it. But hubbie does and since he does all the cooking, he wins that one. But I got custom floor in return.
Mandomary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by casejh View Post
That's what I thought, but is there a way to cut the Dicor 4 way slide down to fit on a smaller table, or would that destroy it? We thought that at 18" lowered down with a custom cushion it would make a lounge area, like what has been seen in Toto.
The slide could be cut down, but would not be easy. It would take a lot of work, and you would lose the amount of slide equal to what you cut off.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #13

That's what I figured, but thought I would ask. We can get along with the Escape slide just fine, I think.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Fair enough.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote