Placed our deposit - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 345
Placed our deposit

We placed our deposit for a 21 footer this past Saturday after having viewed a 21 footer locally. We currently have a 17 foot Casita that we've owned for almost 10 years. I guess we've outgrown it… Ha ha

A good friend of mine said he didn't know many people that could say they're upgrading to a 21 footer.

It really does seem huge to us, believe it or not.

Our completion date is the end of April, but we plan on picking it up at the end of June.

We are stoked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
No good deed goes unpunished.
thiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 5,156
Good for you! You will know everything that you want on the build sheet. Have fun doing the options.
__________________

__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
Our completion date is the end of April, but we plan on picking it up at the end of June.

We are stoked.
Oooh exciting. But since your trailer will be ready, you should pick it up the end of May and attend the ETI Rally! Meet bunches of fellow members of this forum. As my Mother would say, "You may never pass this way again."
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Oooh exciting. But since your trailer will be ready, you should pick it up the end of May and attend the ETI Rally! Meet bunches of fellow members of this forum. As my Mother would say, "You may never pass this way again."
Hey Donna ! I wish we could, but we have to wait for school to let out so I can take my wife ! We're making this giant trip a part of our 30th anniversary celebrations.
thiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
Member
 
1Oldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Trailer: 21' Escape
Posts: 62
Good decision

Having taken a first had look at a new 21' this weekend I shore you excitement. I'll be placing an order later this week.

Enjoy the experience. Dan
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
We placed our deposit for a 21 footer this past Saturday after having viewed a 21 footer locally. We currently have a 17 foot Casita that we've owned for almost 10 years. I guess we've outgrown it… Ha ha

A good friend of mine said he didn't know many people that could say they're upgrading to a 21 footer.

It really does seem huge to us, believe it or not.

Our completion date is the end of April, but we plan on picking it up at the end of June.

We are stoked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations!!
This sure will keep you busy over the winter. And an exciting trip ahead!
Best wishes with everything!!
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Trailer: 2018 21'
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
We placed our deposit for a 21 footer this past Saturday after having viewed a 21 footer locally. We currently have a 17 foot Casita that we've owned for almost 10 years. I guess we've outgrown it… Ha ha

Our completion date is the end of April, but we plan on picking it up at the end of June.

We are stoked.
We just placed our order for a 21' for the middle of April. We will be picking it up the end of June also. We are upgrading from a 13' Scamp.

We share your excitement! This has been years in the planning. I hope you enjoy (and share) the process.

Eric
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 345
Yes, very exciting. We've already received the build/options list and are going over that. Much planning to do...
thiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:58 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Trailer: 2018 21'
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
Yes, very exciting. We've already received the build/options list and are going over that. Much planning to do...
I agree. I asked for the options list several months ago to get a head start. The biggest thing we are debating are fabrics and a 12V/120V no propane fridge. When you get further in the process I would love to see what you have settled on for options. I will share also in a month or two. Have fun with it!

Eric
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
I agree. I asked for the options list several months ago to get a head start. The biggest thing we are debating are fabrics and a 12V/120V no propane fridge. When you get further in the process I would love to see what you have settled on for options. I will share also in a month or two. Have fun with it!

Eric
I am curious as to what is your rationale for wanting to forego the propane fridge?
__________________

__________________
2013 19' \ 2013 15B, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.