Pondering an Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Pondering an Escape

Hi all.

We know we want to move up to a new trailer and are interested in the Escape 19. Our T@B trailer has suited us for most our camping needs these past 7 years, but I want a trailer with a bathroom, a dedicated bed and a little bit more room. And I want fiberglass. Looked at a few Casitas but couldn't get past the "fur" on the walls and never really liked the interior of a Scamp.

After some searching of the 'net these past few years I stumbled across the Escape trailer and think it just might be the answer to our wants and needs. I've enjoyed reading people's comments and questions on this forum and have learned a lot, but have yet to see one in person. We are hoping to get a weekday free in the near future and drive up to Chilliwak, but haven't been able to make it happen this winter. Living just outside of Seattle makes it so close and yet so far for a one day road trip.

Meanwhile, we will continue to look at this site, ponder more about our wants and needs and read about all the great ideas everyone here has shared.

Greetings to all,
Kelly
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Kelly, welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
.....I want a trailer with a bathroom, a dedicated bed and a little bit more room. And I want fiberglass..
You describe here what our basic parameters were too, and are very pleased with the Escape 19. In fact, a permanent bed, and a small bath were my wife's only prerequisites at all, wanting moulded fiberglass was mine. There are one or two near you, and if you email Tammy at Escape she can let you know of trailers nearby you to see.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape
Hello
We live in Northern Indiana and near the alleged trailer capital of N. America (Napanee, Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury). We have spent the last year looking for a travel trailer that is 21' or less. It seems that the manufacturers consider the smaller trailers to be "entry level" stick built and stapled construction with a lot of vunerable seams. Modifications are left to the buyer. We always strive to buy locally and US built but we are not always sucessful. The Escape trailer really is the only trailer that we have viewed that meets our requirements. Tammy and Reace will build the trailer as you want it within the physical limitations of the frame and body. If you want it, they have probably already done it ! We have ordered a 19" Escape and will take delivery in June.
Jubal
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #4

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Kelly,

After we saw the Escape 19 it was all over for the Casita. To make doubly sure the wife and I went up to Chilliwack, making it a overnight trip. Just like you we are close to Seattle -- only a ferry/bridge trip away. The trip more than convinced us that the 19 was the way to go. You are more than welcome to check out our Escape, just drop me a PM

BTW, years ago my wife taught school in North Bend and I worked at Snoqualmie Falls.

Rick
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There are several Escapes near you, contact Tammy @ Escape to arrange a showing.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #6

Thanks for all the welcomes

Jubal- Sounds like you have a good summer to look forward to with the new trailer. Our T@B is US made, but our main reason for buying it was that it served all our needs at the time and has such an active support site on Yahoo Groups. I wanted to like the Casita's or the Scamps, but just don't.

Enjoy that new trailer and have fun making all those memories.

Kelly
Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #7

Kelly,
I was a member of the T@b Yahoo group and attended the Blue Ridge rally in 2009 with my Dutchman T@da, several trailers later I'm an owner of an Escape.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #8

Hi Jim

We learned a lot about owning a trailer with our T@B and those late night runs to the bathroom in the cold and wet PNW are getting old. And I just love the solid feel of fiberglass.

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to learning more from the group on this forum.

Kelly
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #9

Hi Jim from PA,

Glad to see you have forged the path before us! We made it to a few T@B rallies out here in WA state and we learned a lot about the trailers amongst the community. Looking forward to learning more about the Escapes on this forum.

Kelly
Old 02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #10

A lot of the current postings now on the T@b forum is about delamination issues on the T@bs, something you will not need to worry about with the Escape.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #11

Hi RickM

Thanks for the offer for a visit. I will send you a PM in the near future about it. It looks like they are keeping busy up in Chilliwak so there should be lots to look at if we can free up a weekday.

Kelly