Potential new owner- Questions - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2016, 01:03 AM   #61

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Uhaul is showing a 10' truck pu in Seattle WA to Naples FL $1510. Add in gas, etc and you're way ahead of the ETI delivery price quoted.
I agree - a week of a driver's time and sticking a delivery rig on the opposite corner of the continent are both expensive. If you have the time and don't need to return a truck, you can save a substantial amount.

If I were arranging this and had the time, I would certainly consider the rental drive. If I had lots of time, I would certainly take my tug on the round trip, and make two different types of vacation trip out of it... but that's a lot of time to arrange.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:14 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
wonder if one can drive in this example from Seattle to Escape factory for orientation and make sure hitch and everything is ok for towing and then of course back across the border for pick up in Sumus...the question being will Uhaul allow the truck rental to be driven across the border or would one have to make other arrangements for orientation at Escape?
This could vary by rental company, but U-Haul's FAQ says:
Quote:
Can I take a U-Haul truck across the U.S./Canadian border?
Yes, you are permitted to cross the U.S./Canadian border during a move. You will be subject to any laws and regulations governing the border.
Everything they publish is based on the assumption that you are renting their equipment for a "move".
Old 05-25-2016, 01:19 AM   #63

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'd find somebody in Seattle who bought a Parkliner and tow it to them for gas, mileage and my time. That would offset the cost of towing my Escape back to the east coast.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:19 AM   #64

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Let's do the math, $1500 rental, gas another $750, one way air fare $500, you are quickly approaching $3000 US which is about $4000 cn. With a shared delivery, I'm sure you can save this hassle. Plus you get to meet Dave...
Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #65

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Jenny and Judy,
Here's my suggestion. Call ETI and ask to be put through to Tammy. The others are very nice, but Tammy and Reace make the rules. You may have to wait for a call back, but do that. The answers people have gotten about shared delivery costs have been varying lately. If you both need Escapes delivered to Naples, the cost may turn out to be reasonable, especially if you send some photos of lovely Naples beaches and palm trees in January.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:39 PM   #66

Trailer: None yet
Thanks to everyone for lots of interesting ideas. I will do more research before August and decide what will work best for me. By the way, the information on costs for delivery of a trailer was directly from Tammy so it is accurate as of a week ago. It seems to be more expensive than some members of the group have paid in the past. I suspect that ETI is experiencing fairly recent increase in charges from their vendors and must pass that along to customers.
Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:46 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'd find somebody in Seattle who bought a Parkliner and tow it to them for gas, mileage and my time. That would offset the cost of towing my Escape back to the east coast.
Ah, if only Parkliner actually built trailers and anyone bought them... specifically in Seattle (or anywhere close to Chilliwack). Great plan if you get lucky, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Let's do the math, $1500 rental, gas another $750, one way air fare $500, you are quickly approaching $3000 US which is about $4000 cn. With a shared delivery, I'm sure you can save this hassle. Plus you get to meet Dave...
I agree that its not a cheap plan. A couple of issues with sharing, which is key to reduced cost:
  • finding another Escape buyer in the same area with compatible timing isn't trivial, and
  • it seems like cost is no longer shared when using Escape's carrier:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I sent an inquiry to ETI about delivery costs and received the following information:
    Cost for delivery from BC to Goshen, IN is $4000cdn
    Cost for delivery to Louisberg, TN would be $4000 cdn
    Cost for delivery to Naples, FL would be $6846 cdn
    There was no indication that sharing a truck with another party would result in a reduced cost.