Re-introduction, so much has changed. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Re-introduction, so much has changed.

Hi guys I'm Jay, I previously had introduced myself when I was looking at buying a new 5.0TA but so much has changed since then I figured it would be worth it to reintroduce myself.

I'm a 34 year old travelling Registered Nurse. In November of 2018 after looking at another forum member's 5.0 TA (Jerry in Culpepper VA) I filled out my build sheet and put down my deposit. Shortly thereafter Jerry called me to let me know there was a 2014 5.0 for sale in SC. Fast forward to March 2019 I'm full-timing in the DC metro area. I'll be here on contract for about another 5 weeks at which time I'm heading up to New Hampshire for the Summer!

I'm currently typing out this post from a national park with no hookups. I've spent a couple weeks just living off of my water tanks and battery bank / solar panel getting a feel for boondocking and enjoying the next to nothing camping fees. Doing this full time is a steep learning curve and I feel like I've already learned so much. I'm heading to my first successful Boondocker's Welcome find in a few days.

I've even had an opportunity to give back to Escape / the Escape Forum by showing some prospective Escape owners around my 5.0 TA like Jerry did with me.

Other than the water pump needing to be replaced the camper has been a dream. I'm going to be completing a long list of preventative maintenance tasks over the next few months and wanted to let everyone know I'll be documenting my progress on my Instagram @rn_escargot and most likely will start a youtube channel, I'll post updates to the forum as I go along.

Just wanted to thank everyone from the forum for their continuing help and support. Just like I told the couple who were interested in looking into buying an escape part of what you get with the trailer is great customer service from Escape, the fiberglass community at large and the Escape owners forum. You really can't put a price on those things!
trvlrn is offline   Reply With Quote