Recently Ordered a 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-20-2015, 02:04 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 19" -Are we there yet?-
Recently Ordered a 19'

Hello,

Looking forward to picking my trailer up in November! It seems like such a long time to wait but I know it'll sneak up on me. So, I need to stop procrastinating and figure out my build sheet. I'll be asking tons of questions but will try not to repeat.

Can't wait for that first trip to pick up the trailer. I'll be traveling from Los Angeles to Canada then onto Idaho, Utah and back home. I plan to take two weeks, hopefully that will be enough time. Anyone have a suggestion on the most impressive national park in Utah? I'm sure they're all awesome but I probably only have time for one.

-e
erikcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:36 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome Erik

Can you take 2 months?
Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' "Tetra II"
Hello Eric,

The waiting can be the hardest part, although it gives you time to research what options on your trailer will work for you.

We pick up our 19' end of July. Since we are just a few hours up the hill from you in Big Bear City, you are welcome to see our new trailer after it is home in August. Just contact me through the forem.

Joe
Pancake & D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Hi Erik. The problem with time is it goes a lot faster than it should. We were to Chilliwack last Sept. and ordered a 21 for this Sept. and the time is closing in fast to get our build sheet in. There are a lot of decisions to be made and new things keep coming up on this forum. I have learned almost everything I know about trailers from here and so many members have shared their information, build sheets, and mistakes with us. As for the time, you will have your trailer before you know it. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikcampbell View Post
Hello,

It seems like such a long time to wait but I know it'll sneak up on me. So, I need to stop procrastinating and figure out my build sheet.

-e
Also, many build dates have been moved up so it's not a bad idea to focus on the build sheet sooner than later in case you have the opportunity to get a closer date.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Congrats on the 19!!

Like others have said, get on that build sheet sooner than later. Questions? Fire away!!
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Hi Eric,
Congratulations on the 19.

We're up the coast in Ventura County, ordered our 17 last November when we visited ETI, and are patiently waiting for the Sept. hatch date to roll around.

We did a prelim. build sheet with Crystal in November, and based on research and evaluation, mostly from the plethora of information from the members of this forum, and ETI's response to my inquiries, we have modified things on our build sheet about once a month since then.

Don't be hesitant about contacting Escape, they have built over 1000 trailers, and have been very patient, understanding, and helpful with solutions. Tammy and Crystal have sent lots of e-mailed answers and suggestions, and Reace even gave me a call.

Regarding your pickup trip: I've been plotting where we will go after picking up our 17; here is some of that information.

It's 1300 miles to Chilliwack via I5; for you about 1400 mi. = 2 days + .
We plotted one possible trip via the N. Cascades Hwy (WA-20) to Spokane, then south through the Rockies. It's liable to be 2800 miles and about two weeks just for the return trip. That's why Bob said "two months?"
November in the Rockies, Cascades, etc. is in snow. Interstates are open, other highways, and the campgrounds, not so much. But you've got time to plan, and there is a lot of information on this forum about others' trips. Have fun researching!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 19'
Hi Erik!

We are planning to pick up our 19' November, too, but are hoping for an earlier date so we can explore the Canadian Rockies. Fingers crossed! We will be traveling from Central California and the trip may be quick, depending on the weather.

This forum has helped morph the overwhelming build sheet into something more manageable. We also sent daily e-mails to ETI and we scheduled a phone appointment with Crystal to answer our questions. We emailed our list of questions in advance to help facilitate the call--of course more questions bubbled up! Sometimes answers on the forum conflict so ETI is our source. The one she couldn't answer is: Is the spare tire part of the tire rotation? Still working on that one.

Anyway, enjoy the journey and perhaps we'll see you at ETI!

Phil & Lorna
Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #9

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Hi Erik,
I will chime in with the others and welcome you to the forum. We ordered our 5.0 TA the end of January for pickup Sept 4th. As everyone else has said, the forum is the greatest help in trying to figure out your build sheet. We have added and subtracted several items based on the forum. But as Donna D says, you ultimately have to make it for the way you want to camp. What works for one person may not work for you. This will be our first trailer, so reading what others say works for them has been a big help.
We are so anxious four our hatch date.... but with spring arriving now and summer coming in right behind, the end of August can't come quick enough when we make our trip west!
Good luck on your build sheet. Dig deep within the forum for things that interest you. There's so much to glean!
Lucy
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Hi Erik,
I will chime in with the others and welcome you to the forum. We ordered our 5.0 TA the end of January for pickup Sept 4th. As everyone else has said, the forum is the greatest help in trying to figure out your build sheet. We have added and subtracted several items based on the forum. But as Donna D says, you ultimately have to make it for the way you want to camp. What works for one person may not work for you. This will be our first trailer, so reading what others say works for them has been a big help.
We are so anxious four our hatch date.... but with spring arriving now and summer coming in right behind, the end of August can't come quick enough when we make our trip west!
Good luck on your build sheet. Dig deep within the forum for things that interest you. There's so much to glean!
Lucy
Love your quote. Joe Walsh and "Life's Been Good" . Lots of good material there. "My Maserati does 185. I lost my license now I don't drive"

Mark
GerriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
As for the time, you will have your trailer before you know it. Loren
Yep. Very true.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikcampbell View Post
Hello,

Anyone have a suggestion on the most impressive national park in Utah? I'm sure they're all awesome but I probably only have time for one.

-e
That time of year I'd suggest Zion as the elevation is lower than Bryce Canyon (which is more impressive in my opinion) and it's also closer to a major highway. Be prepared for snow and cold nights, though!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome, Erik! It is difficult to say how it will be in November for you. Can be snow for sure so you will have to see during the trip whether it looks doable. You can always go down the coast and go to Utah another time. Bryce hoodoos are not to be missed when in Utah.

We ordered for August and even then and September, it is possible for us to have to contend with snow as we will be in Canada for some time.

Think Crystal might have figured we have asked enough questions by now. She wanted to tidy up the build sheet today. Looking good. Dropped a couple thousand worth of stuff that was still on it that we are not getting. That was nice!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:46 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 19" -Are we there yet?-
Thank you for everyone's comments. I've been pretty busy so I'm just now checking responses to my post. I have a 6 month and a two year old that I'm home with during the day and I go to work at night so it gets a little crazy.

I think I pretty much have everything figured out as far as options, although I do have a few lingering questions. I'll post those as separate threads, I guess. One thing I do need to figure out soon is custom flooring, counter tops and fabric. I'm not really into the stock options and since this is my "second home" I'd like to make it my style.

Canada in November! I know, I may hit snow...I've been up before in November and I don't remember things being too bad, I also drove to Idaho on that trip. I think I did hit a little snow but my memory is a little sketchy, as that was in 2006.

Anyways, I wanted to add that one of the things I'm looking forward to is meeting some of you folks out on the road. I didn't realize that owning a trailer meant becoming part of a community and I think that is one of the coolest things. Ultimately I'm looking forward to exploring with my kids while teaching them about nature and being kindhearted people. My Dad took my brothers and I camping quite often and that experience has turned me into a backpacker and now I want to pass that love of being outdoors (albeit sleeping in a nice cozy trailer) to my children.

Thanks,
e
erikcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote