Some help - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I saw a hatch cover over a bed that had a velcro strip on the inside molding like a picture frame. The lady had a mating flat piece of blackout cloth with velcro to put there if it was too bright. She could pull it back a bit for ventilation if needed and just rip it off if she needed to get out.
Chris R. Has something similar . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Interesting you'd say that, consider you've said this:
"the smoke cover is cool because it lets a lot of light inside both in day and at night you can see the stars."

Here: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...html#post16630

I can't see stars through my standard vent cover(s). And while the white may attract some light, I certainly can't see through it. I'm thinking about painting the underside with gray Fusion to further block the light.
Your quote of mine is from a thread comparing Fantastic Fan to MaxxFan and yes the smoke lets more "clear light" versus creating your vent into a lightbulb at night when there is outside light. Having had both covers I can state this fact, the smoke will let more of the outside views in, but not as much light from street lights that the stock lens seems to amplify.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Think it's got more to do with the type of campgrounds you frequent. Jim hits KOA's and the like, full service CG's.
Probably true, Bob. I think the only CGs I stayed in on my current trip with cable was a KOA, an RV Resort in Amarillo, and the NK 'MIP. But even the last KOA I stayed in just north of Toledo did not have cable. I'm not super picky. When late afternoon comes, we pull up the app and find the nearest CG that doesn't look like it is a dive!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
KOA's to me, are like what the Howard Johnsons were in yesterday, a consistent comfortable place to eat and stay while traveling. I have been in some bad KOA's, but the majority are clean and acceptable.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We don't use KOAs because of cost. That said, the nicest one I have seen by far is near the Oklahoma/Texas border at Durant. Weekdays $40, weekends $50. It has an impressive lodge with fireplaces in living and dining areas and the most beautiful showers, bathrooms and laundry that I am guessing you will ever see camping except maybe at the most expensive resorts.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
That shower building at the KOA in Townsend Tenn. was pretty deluxe too. I have been in quite a few nice shower houses and some not so nice. Most crude, Oklahoma state park with a pipe hanging vertical out of the ceiling, no shower head. Dirtiest, Pokagon State
park near Angola Indiana. Our Linn County sanitarian who inspected our public pools would have had that thing locked up for a month. Restrooms and showers are the most important component of a campground to lots of folks. Stayed at a private CG in Cheyenne WY. Got a $4 discount because my Dad had served in WWII. A deluxe toilet and shower building, as clean as the one in any home, was at Johnny Appleseed CG in Ft. Wayne Indiana. It's located on Harry Baals Drive. You can't make this stuff up. It's all out there.
Dave
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:51 AM   #27

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
rest rooms

When looking up CG in the big book, we check first the middle rating, bath rooms, most important and if they are good then rest of the CG will probably be OK. The other ratings in the Good Sam book are too subjective as to appearance.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #28

Trailer: Ultralite
You wont need bluetooth in the vehicle.
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote