Source for Wardrobe Bins - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
sabrinas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: sebastopol, California
Trailer: 2007 escape 17B
Posts: 9
Source for Wardrobe Bins

Were new to Escape. Stepped up from a scamp13 to 2007 17b. Were 🥰 in love with her.
Im looking for a source for drawer tubs (like dish tubs but larger) to fit the wardrobe. Anyone have a source? Also looking for Escape 17b owners in No Ca to gather and share camping.
__________________

sabrinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 3,396
Welcome. This thread may help...
Wardrobe /drawer adaptation on 17B
__________________

__________________
One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
sabrinas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: sebastopol, California
Trailer: 2007 escape 17B
Posts: 9
Thank you. I did see this post. I’m looking for tubs like a dish pan only larger.
sabrinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: RIVER FALLS, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Posts: 18
What you're looking for sounds like something that you might see in a butcher shop or restaurant (bus bins). Maybe check a restaurant supply store?? I fabricated the unit referred to in Rubicon's post and love it.
RF Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
h2owmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Placerville, California
Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Posts: 854
Sabrinas, I have a 17a and live in the Sierra foothills. So if you will let an "A" into the mix, I'm up for a gathering. I think there are quite a few other models within a hundred miles or so who would join in.

I got your pm...the next month is pretty crazy for me, away most of the time. Let's talk early in Nov.

A favorite fall/winter place for me is Lake Solano, near Winters. There are usually very few occupied sites, there are spots on/near the water, and lots of birds overwintering if you are interested in that. Winters is charming with a music venue (The Palms).

Re bins, I have the Elfa mesh bins from Container store, so no help in that search. RF Paul's suggestion for restaurant supply is promising.
__________________
--Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced older woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force. --Dorothy Sayers
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Trailer: Escape-21 'on order'
Posts: 130
Red face what we use

Sterilite makes great clear plastic tubs w tops..you can see thru the sides to see what is in there, etc..we used them in our Casita and plan on using more of them in the new E21 THere are severalsizes and I think we get ours from Wally World, but a search online ccan show you where to buy them. I like them bks I can pack mine full of folded clothes and press down and pack more in then snap on the tops tightly and keep the stuff in. WE have "tote shelves" in both big "wardrobe cabinets" we are putting in our E21..(we do not carry much that needs hanging up)and the bigger Sterilite totes fit fine..I guess you'd better measure first tho for luck.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:54 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,884
I have a stainless steel tub similar to what you are looking for. I bought it at a restaurant supply outlet. It cost a fortune at the time and probably more now. I'd search for the Sterllite containers and just stack them.
I have several of different sizes under a bench. Each is dedicated to particular items and you can see through the side, to make sure you have the one you want.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:15 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Trailer: Escape-21 'on order'
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I have a stainless steel tub similar to what you are looking for. I bought it at a restaurant supply outlet. It cost a fortune at the time and probably more now. I'd search for the Sterllite containers and just stack them.
I have several of different sizes under a bench. Each is dedicated to particular items and you can see through the side, to make sure you have the one you want.
WE first used the bigger Sterilite ones stacked one beside the other in our Casita Independence..back between the head ends of the twin beds..they fit tightly there and made a great place to store clothes and 2nd as a bedside table. The shorter tubs were easily shoved into storage lockers under the beds, etc..for food..to make sure pests were kept out.
WE plan the same uses in our Escape-21 this Spring.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Cloverdale, California
Trailer: 2007 Lazy Daze
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinas View Post
Were new to Escape. Stepped up from a scamp13 to 2007 17b. Were 🥰 in love with her.
Im looking for a source for drawer tubs (like dish tubs but larger) to fit the wardrobe. Anyone have a source? Also looking for Escape 17b owners in No Ca to gather and share camping.
Hi......I have a 17B and live in Cloverdale, Ca. Would be interested in getting together for trips.
e-mail.....macpat@saber.net

Pat
Pat M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sacramento, California
Trailer: 2018 17b
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinas View Post
Were new to Escape. Stepped up from a scamp13 to 2007 17b. Were 🥰 in love with her.
Im looking for a source for drawer tubs (like dish tubs but larger) to fit the wardrobe. Anyone have a source? Also looking for Escape 17b owners in No Ca to gather and share camping.
I have a 17b and live in Sacramento. Would be interested in camping, also. Please pm.
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:57 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
sabrinas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: sebastopol, California
Trailer: 2007 escape 17B
Posts: 9
Hi all, thanks for all the different ideas. I did get the new wardrobe drawers installed before our last trip out. Will do my best to figure how to attach pic. Very successful modification!
Did a counter extension That is two pieces of aluminum 90 degree material that slip into each other. One screwed to bottom of counter edge other to top edge of plywood extension.. the factory flip up extension was a no go as the mattress did nor allow for needed swing. we have the larger dinette made up as our bed full time. Shelf/pocket under the front window is a joy...and the step under the table has hinges and is my tool box... oh, added a Lagon table leg....cursed a few times on that one... had a busy few days before that last trip.
Soooo has anyone come up with a fabulous modification for holding lawn/beach chairs above the propane tanks? My tanks are one in front of the other. Thinking of drawing up a design for sq tubing framework. We have put chairs inside under table but have to wrap and bungee them...bit of a pain and if we stop roadside for lunch have to unload yadda yadda. Look forward to seeing yalls solutions!
sabrinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:47 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,884
Our chairs end up on the bed ( rear dinette / bed ) or in the tow vehicle. I've considered front or back of the trailer, but they're outside and exposed to dirt and wet out there.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Opelika, Alabama
Trailer: 2012 19
Posts: 68
Storage

McMaster Carr has a large selection of storage bins and pans, and most everything else in the world.

Graham
Opelika Al.
gyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
sabrinas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: sebastopol, California
Trailer: 2007 escape 17B
Posts: 9
As far as dirt and water on chairs stored out side.....isn’t that what garbage bags were made for? Just kidding! May sew up a canvas bag...
sabrinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
Posts: 368
A long time ago we had a cheap car top carrier that I loved for throwing chairs and tarps and carpets into.
When my kids were old enough to drive, they removed the thing as it was too un-cool on the roof when they were driving. It disappeared. Never to be seen again.
__________________
____
John
jxoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:05 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinas View Post
Hi all, thanks for all the different ideas. I did get the new wardrobe drawers installed before our last trip out. Will do my best to figure how to attach pic. Very successful modification!
Did a counter extension That is two pieces of aluminum 90 degree material that slip into each other. One screwed to bottom of counter edge other to top edge of plywood extension.. the factory flip up extension was a no go as the mattress did nor allow for needed swing. we have the larger dinette made up as our bed full time. Shelf/pocket under the front window is a joy...and the step under the table has hinges and is my tool box... oh, added a Lagon table leg....cursed a few times on that one... had a busy few days before that last trip.
Soooo has anyone come up with a fabulous modification for holding lawn/beach chairs above the propane tanks? My tanks are one in front of the other. Thinking of drawing up a design for sq tubing framework. We have put chairs inside under table but have to wrap and bungee them...bit of a pain and if we stop roadside for lunch have to unload yadda yadda. Look forward to seeing yalls solutions!
Nice mods ! Cant help you with chairs except we keep ours in back of truck until needed. Camping have even used the truck cab for storage . Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
owners in no ca, wardrobe tubs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×