T@B to Escape 19 (maybe) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
T@B to Escape 19 (maybe)

After a month of lurking and a week of email to Chilliwack, my wife and I are looking to upgrade to an Escape 19 from a T@B clamshell. We've visited a local one and are impressed with the vehicle. Traded notes with Escape and settled on options and customization. Tried to order one on Tue and it seems we are caught up in the 2014->2015 cutover.

The product, people, and community seem wonderful. Hopefully, the business aspect catches up.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I kind of thought the business end is doing pretty darn good, not bad being booked up a year in advance.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I kind of thought the business end is doing pretty darn good, not bad being booked up a year in advance.
Yes, Tammy and Reace deserve a round of applause for producing a great product. I also suspect that the tremendous enthusiasm for anything Escape by so many of those who frequent this forum is a pretty significant contributor to the success of the product, and the long backlog for trailer orders.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
This won't hurt the resale value either for those moving up or selling for other reasons.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #5

After a week working through details, I tried to order one on Tue, credit card in hand. Couldn't do it.

I assume it's just a cutover issue from 2014 models to 2015; but it's a bit frustrating.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I would suspect that fairly soon they will be working on he 2015 calender. Although I can apreciate the frustration, if the waiting period is into next year then waiting a short while for them to work out the 2015 calender shouldn't really effect anything. I guess the good news is all those people that will be selling their trailers at the end of this camping season shouldn't have any problem sellling them. By the end of this summer I suspect the next spring calender will be full as well.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Sturski, from an ex-T@da owner, now Escape 21' owner.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I've waited seven years... you need to be patient
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #9

Trailer: escape 21may 2014
When my wife and I put our deposit down we were looking at a september delivery date. About a week later someone backed out and we were bumped up to june. You never know.
burrab2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
Site Team

Buying an all molded towable is very different than when you bought your T@B. No dealers, no inventory. I don't know of any brand where you waltz in and just buy off a lot. Some of the manufacturers have shorter wait lists, but the demand for a custom all molded towable far exceeds production. Good for US, good for THEM. It's about value.

Do NOT delay. If you KNOW you want an Escape trailer (size ??) get on the list! They're really busy (building MY trailer) be patient, you won't regret THAT.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Purchasing an exceptionally well made, custom-tailored product (of any kind), by definition, means it is not going to be availble, on demand. Deal with it; when the wait is over, you'll be glad that you did.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #12

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Buying an all molded towable is very different than when you bought your T@B. No dealers, no inventory. I don't know of any brand where you waltz in and just buy off a lot...
Bigfoot trailers are in stock at one or more dealers here, but they are the exception.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Buying an all molded towable is very different than when you bought your T@B. No dealers, no inventory. I don't know of any brand where you waltz in and just buy off a lot. Some of the manufacturers have shorter wait lists, but the demand for a custom all molded towable far exceeds production. Good for US, good for THEM. It's about value.

Do NOT delay. If you KNOW you want an Escape trailer (size ??) get on the list! They're really busy (building MY trailer) be patient, you won't regret THAT.
Actually,myT@B was a custom built clamshell with a 5 month wait. I was fine with 5 months then and am fine with 10 for the Escape.

The delay isn't on my side.

I'd like to get on the list, I've been trying for over 6 weeks. No deposit, no build date, minimal communication, just total frustration with trying to place an order.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturski View Post
I'd like to get on the list, I've been trying for over 6 weeks. No deposit, no build date, minimal communication, just total frustration with trying to place an order.
it's probably because the 2014 build schedule is full. According to the Escape Trailer website, they'll open the 2015 production schedule in June 2014. Production Schedule
Old 04-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #15

Yep, I saw that. It seemed to have changed from April to June since yesterday.

Just venting, I guess. Trying to see if my experience is the norm or an exception.

I had a quote and build sheet from Reace on a Monday in early March. Called on Tue morning to place a deposit and couldn't do it. 6 weeks later and I'm looking at another 2 months until I find out how long my wait will be.

I'll make another call.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #16
Site Team

Don't be disheartened. I think you've run into an anomoly. Trust me, those folks are busy, busy, busy at the factory. I found out just how busy during my brief trip yesterday.

You know how Amazon is described during the holiday season? Well, imagine that with "packages" that are around 20' long!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
If it makes you feel any better you are not the only one waiting for a build date. I'm guessing there are quite a few if they are putting out a dozen a month and haven't been taking deposits since March. I was told they are working hard to get the new 5's out and doing their best, if slots open up from cancellations those with existing dates get moved forward first - fair enough I guess.
I came really close to buying a Bigfoot that was ready to go, but I'm just going to be patient for a while, I hate buyers remorse, but the BF was a really nice trailer but heavy and more $$
Bcdonaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #18

I'm not sure disheartened is the term I'd use. This is an appliance and a business transaction to me. If we can work something out, that's great. If we can't, that's fine, too; but the uncertainty is a bit frustrating. It's hard to make a good decision about a moving target.

I did call and talk to Kim (again). June is the probable date for taking deposits and Feb is the likely month for my build date. I can live with both; but this is the third time the dates have slipped.

Escape builds a very nice trailer and are genuinely good people. The business is having some growing pains, I need to reconsider whether I want to be a party to that pain. It would seem that I have 2 months to look at other options before Escape gets back to me. Either I find something else that I like or I'll be more patient. Win / win, I would think.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Well if you are in Colorado, you are not going to get much use from it in Feb, I live in Utah so it's the same for me. At least you still have something to camp in this summer, we don't.
I'm guessing if a used 19' comes up before they take our deposits, we'll be fighting over it!
Barry
Bcdonaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #20

Actually, the T@B is being sold on consignment, based on the initial dates. The logistics weren't going to work any other way. I've looked at a used Escape19 and passed on it. For $32k, I'll have it my way.

In the greater scheme of things, having the production date slip from Nov to Feb isn't a big deal. Not exactly prime camping season in Colorado. If the date slips to April, this isn't going to work for me and I'd like to know it now.

I don't mean to whine. My only complaint with ETI is that the story keeps changing. Instead of being excited over a major purchase, I'm scrambling for a "Plan B".

« High Hopes | Newbie »