Thank you Escape owners! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2018, 06:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Thank you Escape owners!

If we had entertained any doubts about getting an Escape 19 (currently getting ready to get built), they were dispelled the soonest we met, Bruce and wife (owners of a 17) and, most recently, Dave and his parent Wayne and Mary... who own an Escape 19. All these nice folks live in NJ.

What is it about owning this product that make people so friendly and helpful? What ever it is, we are sold and can't wait to meet a lot of the folks who participate on this forum and who have provided so many good tips and information. We visited with Dave and his parents this past weekend and were taken aback with their helpfulness, kindness and great sense of humor. Before you knew it, we had spent nearly four hours discussing everything Escape... Dave, who also comments on this forum, is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to Escape products; and so creative and resourceful! In addition, Dave's parents also provided a wealth information that, to us newbies, could not have come at a better time as we get ready to drive to BC to pick up our home away from home.

In brief, just wanted to thank everyone that has provided guidance to us through this somewhat daunting, long-distance, purchasing process. Can't wait for the time when we can reciprocate and provide assistant to anyone that can benefit from our experiences...

Happy trails all!
p.s. Dave, Wayne and Mary... a big thanks!
Warren and Maria
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Thank you for posting that, Warren and Maria. Yep, Escape owners are a friendly and helpful bunch. Happy trails with your new 19!
Old 03-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Like you two I talked with a couple of current owners who were nice enough to answer all my questions and show me their trailers. It really made the difference in my decision to purchase an Escape. Best wishes in your travels!
Old 03-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We felt the same way when we first discovered the "Escape" community. Everyone was so helpful, giving and receptive to our endless and often repetitive questions. Welcome and happy camping ahead. We got our 19 last April and couldn't be happier. Hope to see you at a rally someday.

-Ohio Ralph-
Old 03-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Warren and Maria,
You got me to thinking about this forum when you posed the question: What is it about owning this product that make people so friendly and helpful?

Here's my top ten reasons:

1) This is the best product of its type on the market.

2) Escape trailers are so reasonably priced--especially for U.S. buyers with the exchange rate.

3)There really is nothing like it--at least for the 21s and 5.0TA.

4) Production is growing, but still limited, and you really have to know what you're doing to get one.

5) Escape offers, by far, the most customization of interiors and exteriors.

6) The trailers are long-lasting and reliable. Remember, the appliances and components are built by various suppliers, but the Escape warranty still covers most everything for two years.

7) Personable and responsive family owned operation. You can actually talk to the owners.

8) There actually is very little cost to own these trailers. Use them a few years and sell them for nearly what you paid.

9) We all are so pleased to have found this product, and we love to show all its features to anyone, anytime.

10) The forum member/owners have such a wealth of knowledge and experience, and enjoy helping anyone anywhere, nearly always the same day a question is asked.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
LRL

Trailer: 2017-2013: 21C; Arriving 3/2024: Escape 23
Well said. I second all of your comments!
Arcata, CA
LRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:01 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
We visited with Dave and his parents this past weekend and were taken aback with their helpfulness, kindness and great sense of humor. Before you knew it, we had spent nearly four hours discussing everything Escape... Dave, who also comments on this forum, is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to Escape products; and so creative and resourceful! In addition, Dave's parents also provided a wealth information that, to us newbies, could not have come at a better time as we get ready to drive to BC to pick up our home away from home.
Maria: It was a real pleasure meeting you and Warren. I'm glad we were able to make you more comfortable with your decision on Escape and particularly the 19. My wife was wondering how it took 4 hours to show someone the trailer. She just doesn't understand! You have my number so don't hesitate to text or call anytime especially while you are on the road home and may be scratching your head about about all these new systems. Fun times ahead for you guys. Something tells me our paths will cross again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
10) The forum member/owners have such a wealth of knowledge and experience, and enjoy helping anyone anywhere, nearly always the same day a question is asked.
Yes it is quite unbelievable. I think what helps too is that many Escape owners have many years camping in and modifying other fiberglass trailers like Scamps and Casitas. This increases their depth of knowledge and provides a unique perspective that many on the forum can relate to.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
Warren and Maria,
You got me to thinking about this forum when you posed the question: What is it about owning this product that make people so friendly and helpful?

Here's my top ten reasons:

1) This is the best product of its type on the market.

2) Escape trailers are so reasonably priced--especially for U.S. buyers with the exchange rate.

3)There really is nothing like it--at least for the 21s and 5.0TA.

4) Production is growing, but still limited, and you really have to know what you're doing to get one.

5) Escape offers, by far, the most customization of interiors and exteriors.

6) The trailers are long-lasting and reliable. Remember, the appliances and components are built by various suppliers, but the Escape warranty still covers most everything for two years.

7) Personable and responsive family owned operation. You can actually talk to the owners.

8) There actually is very little cost to own these trailers. Use them a few years and sell them for nearly what you paid.

9) We all are so pleased to have found this product, and we love to show all its features to anyone, anytime.

Hi: Bill and Earline... I thought Letterman was gone but obviously... not forgotten!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #9

That's exactly what I was talking about...

See what I mean... all the great responses to my message on the coincidence of owning an Escape product and being so friendly! Thanks rbryan4, advenas, mcdonner, Bill and Earline, LRL, Escape artist and, ofcourse, rubicon 327 (aka Dave)... loved your feedback and hope to have a chance to meet you folks some time...

Happy trails...

Warren and Maria
Old 03-28-2018, 03:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
There is no doubt this is one of the most friendly and helpful forums on the internet. I have received a heck of a lot of valuable information from others in areas where I had little expertise, and have used lots of ideas that others have come up with for adding that little extra to be able to enjoy their trailers. This is why without reservation I am willing to help others. Having met a few hundred members from here in person has been an absolute pleasure too, forming good friendships with many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Maria: It was a real pleasure meeting you and Warren. I'm glad we were able to make you more comfortable with your decision on Escape and particularly the 19. My wife was wondering how it took 4 hours to show someone the trailer. She just doesn't understand! You have my number so don't hesitate to text or call anytime especially while you are on the road home and may be scratching your head about about all these new systems. Fun times ahead for you guys. Something tells me our paths will cross again...
I have been in the same situation showing my trailer, and have even had to offer a cold refreshment while we chatted it was taking so long.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Warren and Maria, thank you for such a positive post. You are going to love your Escape. There used to be an old Honda commercial "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" I think now we could accurately say "you meet the nicest people in an Escape".

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Warren and Maria,

Texas welcomes you to the group!

Hope to run into you at one of the rallies!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Warren and Maria,

Texas welcomes you to the group!

Hope to run into you at one of the rallies!

Fred M.
Thank you Fred M.... nice retirement quote... happy trails!