Originally Posted by Kountrykamper
Maybe this should be a new topic but I wonder how many people are going the other direction and upgrading from the classic to the new model.
I went back and forth for quite some time trying to decide. Dirk was fine with either choice, but left it up to me to make the final decision. Oh joy!
Multiple reasons why we changed (not in any particular order):
1. We've never had a trailer before and we're new to camping, so the "classic" fiberglass/egg body didn't mean anything to us in terms of totally loving it and not imagining any other shape. (Plus, I had an Isuzu Trooper for 21 years, so boxy shapes aren't new to me. Loved that Trooper!)
2. The door will fit the body way better than the older style. I know not everyone has problems with it, but I wasn't looking forward to shoving something down there due to a gap or taking it up to get fixed. Dirk is very familiar with composites due to work, so he's super thrilled over the new door.
3. I knew that sliding screen would be constantly coming off the track as I knew I wouldn't pay the greatest attention to it and I'd be yanking it off all the time. That's me, though. I know I'll have a much better time with the new screen door.
4. The electric awning. Yeah, I'm lazy. Easy to use - I'm there.
5. The frameless windows.
6. The frig. Yes, this one may have problems, but hopefully far less than the older style. I'm not hauling a cooler around with me and I expect the frig to work. (Now watch, I've just jinxed myself and some of you will do the happy dance when I post that it's mucking up.)
7. The flat walls will work far better with the cellular shades we want to install. Photos in a separate thread will be provided when we get to that point with The Trailer.
What I don't like about the new 2nd Gen trailer:
1. Well, duh, the price increase.
2. The cubbies that are now standard
3. The raised floor by the dinette. Yeah, I tripped pretty good coming down the display model at ETI. I know I'll do it in ours as I won't be paying attention. But, then again, I trip on flat floors. Must be those size 11s at work!
And I can take off that list the small upper cabinet in the 21 that was getting removed. I can get it back! YAY! Follow up post on that thread coming up next.