The Classic- Not many left to Hatch! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2016, 10:58 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
"We ordered the Escape 19. Our delivery date is Aug 27. All we know are the pictures on the website and a personal visit to the factory 2 years ago."

I'm retired and old. How was I to know what today's date was? I thought he was taking delivery soon. Didn't realize soon was a couple days ago.
LOL. You are forgiven. I regularly have brain farts too.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Quote:
"We ordered the Escape 19. Our delivery date is Aug 27. All we know are the pictures on the website and a personal visit to the factory 2 years ago."

I'm retired and old. How was I to know what today's date was? I thought he was taking delivery soon. Didn't realize soon was a couple days ago.

Sorry. I should have said "Aug 28 2017"

And I'm a "she"
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:08 PM   #43

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdunca44 View Post

And I'm a "she"
How come males are always assuming every one else is also........ Except in ...
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:10 PM   #44

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdunca44 View Post

And I'm a "she"
How did I know that would be the case, and yet was too lazy to change "he" to "they", or do a check. Sorry.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
How come males are always assuming every one else is also........ Except in ...
I don't follow. What are you saying?
One has a choice of "he", "she" or "they". With no clues to determine the correct term, "they" is now in use, although "they is" doesn't make sense.
And, why do you assume I am a male?
Old 08-29-2016, 11:22 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Moving Up

If dates open up and you have requested to be moved up I think it is reasonable to expect that you would be moved up in sequential order. If you pride yourself on customer service you should have a process in place to keep track of those requesting to be moved up. This could be a simple list with the names and trailer model ordered and their scheduled build date.

I have repeatedly asked to be moved up, any time I talk with ETI, haven't had any luck yet but I too would not be happy to find out that others with build dates after me where given earlier dates ahead of me without being contacted first. It is the right thing to do from both an ethical and business standpoint. Sorry that happened to you Laura.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:26 PM   #47

Escape is juggling builds for 17s, 19s, 21s and 5.0s and TAs.
I don't think it's as simple to move builds around as some would suggest.
I'm still waiting for the cable guy.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:30 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
I don't think it's as simple to move builds around as some would suggest.
That's absolutely true. For those of us who saw the old method (several years ago) whereby production dates were posted and the buyer selected a production date in the future, one could see that models were clustered in some kind of sequence that I, not knowing anything about trailer manufacture, could not comprehend. And that's when there were fewer models being produced.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:35 PM   #49

Quote:
I don't follow. What are you saying?

And, why do you assume I am a male?
Do I? Was just trying to lighten the mood of this thread
Old 08-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Maybe buy a round for the house, that would get everyone to relax.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #51

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda View Post
First, concerning Karen's comment about ETI being a private company and they are free to run their company in any way they want; you are totally right. However, the public has the option to peruse the Internet to look for "reviews" before making a purchase. The Escape Forum is one source that I am sure many perspective customers would look at before deciding to purchase. If I were considering a purchase and happened upon this thread, I would seriously question why someone (ie. Laura) simply voicing concerns and asking questions about why others were being bumped up to earlier completion dates and she was not given that same option, resulted in such negative reactions and responses by others on the forum. Laura was not being negative; she was simply stating facts and asking questions and was, and in my opinion, treated very unfairly and negatively (almost in a bully-like manner) by some of the staunch Escape supporters. The reactions to her questions were much more negative than any of her statements. This is not the first time she has been treated in this manner.
I can totally relate to some of Laura's frustrations as we dealt with similar situations ourselves over the years in our dealings with ETI (after having purchased five Escape trailers between 2004 and 2015). No company is perfect, we all make mistakes, but the reality is that most people today making a large purchase will do a sizable amount of research before making a big investment. I think they deserve the truth. Some negative experiences with any given company are not going to take the company under, but it is a given that if the company cares about the public opinion concerning their product, they will want to make it right when a customer has concerns or problems. For current owners to come down on every one who "complains" about ETI and their products or service, does not present the greatest image to prospective buyers.
Sorry, but when I see someone being bullied, it is hard to just stand by and not say something.
Thank you so much Linda for putting into words exactly what I was thinking. Fwiw, I very much agree with your statement. Nobody should be "chastised" because they question a company's business practices, public or private- good, bad or ugly, it's all part of the conversation. And I've noticed myself this isn't the first time. So Laura, please don't let the crotchety farts get you down I quite like your contributions to this forum
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:54 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Maybe buy a round for the house, that would get everyone to relax.
Sure it's worth the money
Old 08-29-2016, 11:55 PM   #53

Quote:
Works for me, except I still don't understand "...... Except in ..."
Old 08-30-2016, 12:10 AM   #54

I went back and looked over the posts by Laura and responses, and I fail to see where anybody jumped on her. They may have disagreed with her interpretation of circumstances and events, but they have a right to post too.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:49 AM   #55

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
FWIW, in the "old days" Escape would have production runs, in other words one week were one model and that model may not have reappeared for another 3 weeks. In addition Escape had fewer models. Now with expanded models plus this year is a year of "change" where your model can be classic style or new style, it throws an entirely new variable into the mix, a possibility of 8 different combinations all on one assembly facility. I'm sure once the new facility is fully operational you will see the logjam released. So depending on which of the 8 variables you want and which one they are making that week will determine if you can fit into the schedule. And I'm sure Escape is handling this the best way they can.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 AM   #56

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Smile Classic 21

We were given a choice of the 2017 or 2016. We stuck with the Classic as we like the retractable screen door (the dog can't scratch up it when it is stowed). I also have some concerns about the new awning style and would want to see how well they perform over a few years. Our 21's hatch date is Nov 30 and we are so excited!
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:58 AM   #57

Trailer: "The Noble Nest" 2016 Escape 21
A Contender

I think we may have found one of the last 21's in the Classic design that will be made. Congrats to Playdog if it is.

Happy times for all!

K
kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 AM   #58

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
All's I will say is that back when Reace announced a new design was coming out for all models, I went into virtual panic mode thinking "whoa is me! I will be purchasing an obsolete model that will have all kinds of 19th century parts on it while the 2017 will have all the fun futuristic parts." Well, maybe not those exact thoughts, but I was slightly concerned about all of the improvements that would be out of my reach, due to my ordering date.

I remember like it was yesterday (which is just shy of miraculous considering my memory!) that Jim Bennett said that some people might actually prefer the old design. Since we did not have the option to get the 2017 5.0 TA, I consoled myself with the fact that we could at least camp this year, even though it would be in an antique.

After seeing the 17' and the 19' I think Jim was (mumbling). Do I really need to say it? OK fine...Jim Bennett was right. Like he needs to hear that...

I still have no idea what the new 5.0 TA will look like, but I do know what my "old" 2016 looks like...awesome! And the much debated "improvements" to the 2017 did not, and still do not personally appeal to us.

I have no virtual worry about owning an antique, because it still has some futuristic gizmos! Did you know it can even tell you, with a push of a button, how much water your kids used taking their showers? Mind blown...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #59

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
"Classic" Escapes are wonderful trailers and 2017 Escapes are wonderful trailers.

Almost every year, "classic" models were changed and improved in some way. 2017 represents a more significant change, but follows Reace's constant improvement philosophy. I love the look of our 2010 17B (I still think 17s are the best esthetically - just my opinion). I like the look of the curved door and more curved sides of the "classic". But I choose the 2017 based on changes I like.

Every year's Escape trailer is well made, reliable and beautiful in my opinion. As Steven Stills said "Love the one you're with"

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #60

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
I haven't kept a tally, but I have tried to pay casual attention to what models have been moved up on the production schedule. It seems like the build dates for the classic design are more likely to be moved up. The sooner ETI can produce the last classic, the sooner they can concentrate all efforts on the new designs. Just an observation, and totally unscientific.........

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote