Thinking of a Escape 19! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Cycle Kamp motorcycle trailer
Thinking of a Escape 19!

Dear Escape Owners: Thinking of ordering an Escape 19–joined the Forum in order to find out as much info as I can from you experts! Appreciate you taking my application for membership.
Karmantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19

You will find lots of good reading here.
The search function is your best friend for questions you might have but if you don’t find the answers you want...just ask.
People are always interested in learning how you came across Escape trailers?

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
I'm sure it won't take all the Escape 19 owners long to tell you what they love about their 19s. We have another great trailer, the Escape 21, which we love. We love the extra room and additional width, which gives us huge amounts of extra storage and don't mind the extra weight. Welcome to our forum and happy researching.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:12 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to our Escape world. It seems I can not make up my mind between the 19 and 21 as I keep going back and forth between owning them....first a 19, then a 21, next a 19 and now a new 21..........)
Old 01-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome to our Escape world. It seems I can not make up my mind between the 19 and 21 as I keep going back and forth between owning them....first a 19, then a 21, next a 19 and now a new 21..........)

Don't let Jim kid you. The reality is that he hasn't changed or refilled a propane bottle yet (not sure he knows how simple it is to do; other Pennsylvanians have no trouble with the concept!) When he runs low on propane, he buys a new Escape.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
I'm sure it won't take all the Escape 19 owners long to tell you what they love about their 19s. We have another great trailer, the Escape 21, which we love. We love the extra room and additional width, which gives us huge amounts of extra storage and don't mind the extra weight. Welcome to our forum and happy researching.
When I first saw his post I was going to post, "you'll soon have 21 owners telling you about the reasons they love the 21 instead of a 19"

And that's the way it is. The 19 and the 21 have totally different interior layouts and each has hard core followers. Folks like me wish they'd make a 21 with a 19 interior.

You'll find a lot of information here, as others have said, just ask about something. You'll get lots of different views. While many have purchased their trailers without actually being in one I'd recommend viewing one or two. If we hadn't we'd have a 17.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #7

We have the 21'. Reason : the bed orientation...can't do the crawl over arrangement ever again ( Casita 17' for 10 years ) . We love the thing. It's HUGE compared to the old Casita.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #8

Another favorite thing that 21 owners like to say is that it's so much easier to skoot down the bed rather than crawl around or over. Personally we've had it both ways, this Class B bed is quite similar to the 21, and we didn't find skooting all that preferable. For us it's all a moot point. If one of us gets up the other usually does also.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
PB190224_resize.jpg  
Old 01-22-2019, 07:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Another favorite thing that 21 owners like to say is that it's so much easier to skoot down the bed rather than crawl around or over. Personally we've had it both ways, this Class B bed is quite similar to the 21, and we didn't find skooting all that preferable. For us it's all a moot point. If one of us gets up the other usually does also.

Ron

Maybe the "Class B" isn't as similar as you think. We've done both arrangements and actually own an Escape 21'. Our experience has NOT been close to what you're are saying. I have to disagree, especially since you're not even comparing an actual Escape 21' here. I also stand by my statement,... it is not irrelevant as you seem to imply.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #10

Not irrelevant at all. We all have our own preferences.

It's just that every time someone asks about a 19 the 21 owners chime in that their bed style is different and that skooting is better then a climb over.

I'm not sure that when someone inquires about a 21 that 19 owners chime in every time and say how great the 19 layout is. It is of course.

Ron
Old 01-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Thinking of ordering an Escape 19 ...

Back to topic. First off, good for you for considering an Escape -- no matter what size. You will enjoy perusing through the Forum, viewing an Escape in person (do try to do that), and working with the ETI team.

We first owned a 19' and loved it. It was easy to tow, had lots of storage and a dynamite Queen-size bed. While we now own a 21' (our dogs take up a lot of room .... ), we never regretted our 19' and the new owners are more than thrilled with it. Don't be afraid to post questions; however, a lot can be learned from searching through the posts ... and members can more than likely direct you to a post if you can't find something.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #12

Yes, and on the topic of ordering a 19 here's positive comments on why we prefer the 19.

The layout works for us. Full stop. For our style of use it's perfect. First of all the layout almost creates 3 spaces or "rooms". Of course we prefer having a queen bed but like its' location better. It's at the rear totally separate from the other living spaces. We like that it's away from the door and that visitors can come directly into the seating area.

We don't use exterior cooking and the majority of the food we eat is prepared in the kitchen. That's my wife's department and work space. I often pop in and out of the trailer. I can come in the door, lounge on the bench and go out again without interrupting her in any way. For us that's important, not having to squeeze by a person in the process of cooking. I know, I know, 21 proponents will say that it's so roomy you don't interrupt a person using the kitchen in any way.

Bottom line; there's so many variables that it's up to each individual to try and match their situation to the best trailer for them. Personally I could head off on a trip with any of the ETI offerings and make all sorts of memories. But, if I have to pick one, not being like some folks with both , it's the 19 for us.

Ron
Old 01-22-2019, 11:02 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
The full size queen bed in the 19 is wonderful as long as you sleep with your head correctly on the passenger side of the trailer.
There are a few rogue owners who try and be rebels, but that is the case in most things in life.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #14

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
For us, the choice wasn't between Escape models, it was between an Escape 19 and a Casita 17.

Both trailers weigh within 100 pounds of one another; both can be comfortably towed by a vehicle with a 5000 lb. towing capacity, and both have very good reputations. Both companies have owner referral programs and can put you in touch with an owner who will show you his trailer. After looking at both options, we picked the more expensive one, the Escape 19. The base cost is about 15-20% more (both companies have had winter price hikes) for the Escape, and we felt it was well worth it.

There are other manufacturers out there, as well. I do think fiberglass shell construction is preferable to the traditional, heavier stick built approach, and personally prefer the direct sales from the factory model to going through a dealership.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:58 AM   #15

Trailer: Cycle Kamp motorcycle trailer
Thanks for the responses! Escape directed me to two parties in Central Oregon with 19s. Hope to see them before the end of January, figure I will have plenty of questions to ask Forum members once I view them! Thanks again for your comments! Karmantra
Karmantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:54 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
I would also see if you can look at a 21' as well, the cost difference is very small for what you gain. I've said this in several other threads but to us the bed in the 21' is like sleeping in a queen in width as well. I say that because with a wall on both sides of the bed you have the whole bed to sleep on with no fear of falling off.
Can't go wrong either way but an investment like this I would want to see both options.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:37 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
The full size queen bed in the 19 is wonderful as long as you sleep with your head correctly on the passenger side of the trailer.
There are a few rogue owners who try and be rebels, but that is the case in most things in life.
Interesting, we always sleep with our head on the street side, it is easier to swing your legs over the smaller kitchen wall cut out versus the opposite full wall. Worked for us in both our 19's.........

I think you will find the bed is larger than needed and seems to be colder since it has so much glass and exterior wall space compared to the 21. I'd rather have the larger stand up space utilization vs the sleeping space.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #18

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Escape?????which one

We have had the Casita 17, Escape 19, Escape 21, and now the Escape 17, plus many other RV's in 50+ years. As someone on this site quoted the song about loving the one you're with, I believe it also applies to where you sleep and eat. We like our 17 now for some of the same reasons we appreciated the other RV's and it has some advantages over the others due to changes in our needs or life style.
We will see many of you in Quartzite next month, save us a small site.
Jack, Nancy and Murphy
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:32 AM   #19

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
You'll find a lot of information here, as others have said, just ask about something. You'll get lots of different views. While many have purchased their trailers without actually being in one I'd recommend viewing one or two. If we hadn't we'd have a 17.
We were in Teddy Roosevelt National Park and noticed there were three, yes three, 19' Escapes. Since we had just bought our Cougar, but still owned our Casita, we had to look. Two knew each other and met every 2-3 months at a park. We were impressed with the quality build. The other couple was bringing their new 19 home to Maine.

Fast forward two more years and two more campers, after towing our Lance and getting 9.5 mpg, killing batteries, being shut out of wonderful campsites because we couldn't put out the slide, and finding out Lance has some issues, we finally looked at thoer's (thanks thoer!) 21 Escape. We were in heaven and ordered one. However, Terry and I felt we had to look at a 5.0 to make sure we were making the correct decision. We drove two hours to look at a new mold 2016 5.0. After getting in the pickup for the ride home we didn't make it a mile and both agreed a 5.0 would better suit our needs. One should call Escape and have them let you know who has a model nearby to look at. We're glad we looked, and leave today for Tucson with our 5.0 in tow.

Quote:
If one of us gets up the other usually does also.
One of our criteria was NO more crawl over beds. We skoot down our 5.0 queen, but, at our age, have also found when one gets up to go the the bathroom the other soon follows.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 01-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #20

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
We have had the Casita 17, Escape 19, Escape 21, and now the Escape 17, plus many other RV's in 50+ years. As someone on this site quoted the song about loving the one you're with, I believe it also applies to where you sleep and eat. We like our 17 now for some of the same reasons we appreciated the other RV's and it has some advantages over the others due to changes in our needs or life style.
We will see many of you in Quartzite next month, save us a small site.
Jack, Nancy and Murphy
Good to see that someone is going against the upsizing trend that seems to be quite common here.

We also enjoy the benefits of "small" in a trailer and a couple years ago found a nice 15B in addition to our 19'. The 21' has some nice features but I could not ever see myself having one. If/when we ever do decide to make another change (possibly in 7-8 yrs when I retire) I would seriously look at a 5.0TA due to the larger interior size, separate bed space, and the super high ceilings. Until then, the 19' and 15B will more than do for me.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote