Thinking of upsizing to the 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
Thinking of upsizing to the 19

Hi Folks,
We're currently giving a lot of thought to upsizing to the 19ft Escape from our beloved 2004 Trillium Outback made here in Calgary, with the addition of a dog to the family it's just a little too small Plus it would be nice to have a shower and separate dining and bed areas. Have no idea how hard it would be to sell our fully loaded Trillium or how much to ask as I never see any for sale So do we do the $500 deposit and hope to sell our trailer or wait and sell the trailer then pull the trigger Decisions decisions.

As yet we've not seen a 19, usually see all sorts of trailers at the 'bolerama's' although we've not made it there the last couple of years.

Anyway just wanted to say hello and say that we enjoy reading all the information that people on this forum post, it really helps with making decisions. Just have to convince my wife that the fibreglass trailer is a better investment than one of the many slapped together similar sized models that are out there for less money

Cheers
Steve and Mai
Calgary
astrobuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Steve and Mai, welcome to the EscapeForum. We're glad you're here! You are going to find lots of folks opinions and assistance here. Guaranteed.

I'm changing from a Scamp 16 footer to the new Escape 5er TA. I too haven't seen one since ETI hasn't built one yet! But I do know the quality of the build and am sure I won't be disappointed. Nor, am I worried about selling what I currently own.

Best of luck with your decision and your future memories!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Steve and Mai, something to consider is the fact that there is close to a 6 month wait time for a production slot on the Escape calendar. That said, a $500 deposit will hold a date and this should give you plenty of time to sell your Trillium. If you wait until you sell before making a deposit, then you have that long wait, trailerless.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: astrobuff... We're going for our second 5.0. Haven't seen a proto type either, but are very pleased with our '07. ETI will deliver "Escape Hatch II" on June third, and we have several folks waiting in line to buy our present trailer. Seems with two or three forums devoted to fiberglass trailers selling is the least of your concerns. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Ft. Myers Beach Florida for now
Attached Thumbnails
P1030512.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We decided on a 19 just about a year ago, and picked it up in July. We have camped nearly our entire lives, and when we saw the floor plan for the 19 we knew it was perfect for us. Escape is a wonderful company to deal with and makes high quality, well designed trailers. We could not be happier with our decision, the buying process, and the trailer itself.

Having said that, different people use their trailers in different ways, and you will hear strong opinions about one model over the other. (If the 5.0 TA had been announced, the process would have been tougher for us, but I think still would have come down to the 19)

What drove our decision?
The floor-plan in general. Looks like I designed it myself.
Full size, permanent queen bed. (I'm 6'1" so headroom was important as well)
Bathroom. We like to camp off the grid, and hope to do more of it!
Just about the maximum length we want to tow and park.

My advice: Call Escape and find one close to you to tour. Then send Tammy the $500 and get in line!
SeldomSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi guys, and welcome to the site.

We bought our 19 sight unseen, before the first one ever went into production, and have been very happy with it now after 5 years. And, it is just the 3 of us, my wife and I, and our furkid.

If you wish to see ours, it would be not problem to show it to you. Just drop me a PM, and we can set something up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #7

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
Thank you everyone for the advice

It sounds like worrying about selling our trailer shouldn't be a problem so that's good to hear. We really love the little Outback, it's the 100th made and they did a few special things to it and as I was single when I bought it new I've made it my own for sure and looked after it so it's still like new. I've seen a few people upsize to the Escapes as Trillium here hasn't ventured into that realm yet, too busy with the little ones and restoring the old Bolers and Trilliums etc.

Like the look of the the 5.0 and the new one will only be better, but we want to use the truck for dirt and stuff in the summer so the 5vr hitch would be a pain I think.

Like the 19 for the same reasons as Seldomseen. This would be my 8th RV so I kinda know what I like and don't like. Mai is still very new to it so is just trusting me

I'll PM you Jim as we'd love to take a look at yours, thank you for the kind offer.

Steve and Mai
astrobuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #8

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
We are moving to the Escape 21' from a 17' EggCamper. We never saw an EggCamper before buying one, nor have we seen a 21' Escape, (however, we have been inside a 19' Escape). Buying sight unseen worked out fine for us, we kept the EggCamper for four years and were very happy with it except we decided we wanted something a bit bigger. We put our $500 down on the 21' Escape before selling the EggCamper but had no problem selling it. I actually like the layout of the 19' Escape better than the 21', but my wife is a bit claustrophobic and wanted the openness of the 21'.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote