Time for an Escape. Show us yours...Please :) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #1

Trailer: None Yet
Time for an Escape. Show us yours...Please :)

Hi all!

We've been looking for an all weather, full timing "egg" type trailer. We've looked at Casita's (not enough insulation it seems...if any) Bigfoots (too expensive for us), and so many other brands. In fact, we went to look at a Casita a guy was selling on Craigslist, and he actually spent more time talking about an Escape that he parked next to once than his rig So here we are ready to buy an Escape. But we've never been in one and we can't go all the way to Canada this second. Is there anyone with an Escape (either a 19' or 5.0 preferably) near Kentucky that would let us come take a gander at theirs? We can meet you in any state surrounding. Just let me know. Would love to look at one before we put down our deposit for a build spot. Thanks so much!!!!
rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is a rally this month in Townsend, Tn where there will be at least 6 Escapes, all different sizes. Here is the link for info http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...15-a-4899.html
Hope you can make it...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #3

Trailer: None Yet
That would be awesome, but my husband has to work all of those days. Too bad I didn't join sooner, or he could have asked off.
rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
If it helps, I'll be there with an Escape 17B April 15 - 20...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome.

There are quite a few of us, myself included, who put down a deposit without seeing an Escape trailer, confident with the decision based on customer satisfaction. This was right when the 19 was new, and they have since built a couple new models. The best thing about seeing them in person, is if you have the chance to check out the layouts to see what fits your need best. Something like that rally Jim linked to is a great idea. Barring that, contact Escape and they will give you a list of the closest owners, who would gladly show you their trailers.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 19'
After viewing a Casita which we thought would "be the one" (we were disappointed), we contacted Escape via e-mail and they gave us names of people within a few hours of our home. Once we saw it in person we fell in love and put a deposit down. Since then, this forum has helped us build our trailer and Escape has answered our questions within 24 hours. This has been an awesome experience and we only made our decision less than two weeks ago!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocinante View Post
Hi all!

he actually spent more time talking about an Escape that he parked next to once than his rig

Welcome. If you both haven't seen it, the latest ETI training vid might be a great watch.

Second the motion to email ETI for their showcase listing of owners that will be happy to show off their unit.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
rfs

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
We will be camped at the Lexington Horse Park Campground on the 15th and 21st of April in our Escape 19. We would be most happy to have you tour our Escape. If you would like to see our trailer, let us know and we can make further plans. Send us a private message or if you don't know how to do that just post a reply. Good luck.
Rita and Dave
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I bought Ten Forward based on a Photoshop picture and the layout on a cocktail napkin! Okay, so that sounds harsh. But still, I've been fortunate enough to see every model (many times) that ETI has built, in person.

It's really about you and your needs. I know now, based on what's currently available, there are only two layouts of trailers ETI builds that I would be happy with long term... and I bought one!

Is there anyway you can go to the rally mentioned, by yourself (since the hubs has to work) and check the different models out? Honestly, that would be the best under the circumstances. There's nothing like stepping inside a trailer and seeing for yourself how things are.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornanaugle View Post
After viewing a Casita which we thought would "be the one" (we were disappointed), we contacted Escape via e-mail and they gave us names of people within a few hours of our home. Once we saw it in person we fell in love and put a deposit down. Since then, this forum has helped us build our trailer and Escape has answered our questions within 24 hours. This has been an awesome experience and we only made our decision less than two weeks ago!
We thought also that a Casita was going to be our trailer as we visited their factory in Rice, Texas. We had a gloss picture of a Casita on our fridge for probably 8 months till I found Escape trailers on the internet. We figured it would be the 19 but after going to Chilliwack we chose the 21. Actually it was a 13 ft Scamp that got me interested in fiberglass trailers. Things have a way of growing and getting more expensive. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: rocinante... We started with a 29 yr. old Boler. Went to view a new '07 5.0 Escape...first one east of the Rockies...ended up owning it the next year.
Picked up our 2014 5.0TA last May.
I have a real bad case of the fiberglass flu Eh? Heading north on I75 from Knoxville after the rally in Tenn. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hunting Island St. Pk. S.C. for now
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:12 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Hi Aimee,

Welcome to the forum. We had a "stick built" trailer whose layout we loved, but two major leaks over about 12 years destroyed it and we sold it for next to nothing last summer. Like you, we see the Escape as superior to the other fibreglass trailers. We live close to the ETI factory, and so were able to see how the trailer is constructed and meet the owners/designers, who are very accessible (one of this trailer's biggest pluses). Being able to see the various models side by side was very helpful. As you don't live close to the factory, it would be so benificial if you could manage to get to a rally where trailers you were interested in were present. Keep in mind what you will be towing your trailer with as well, and members of this forum can help you understand if your tow vehicle limits your choices.

I wish you well and look forward to hearing about your experiences as you select a model, learn about the possibilities prior to your build sheet finalization, and lastly collect your dream TT. We have about 6 weeks left before we collect our dream TT.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote