Uncommitted High Interest - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2018, 05:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 17B Escape
Uncommitted High Interest

Have been following this forum for the last three months and really like the helpful threads from the Owners. Have narrowed the choices to Escape or Parkliner. Still researching before make the final leap, so joined to network easier. Thanks for all the info and comments which provide lots of food for thought.

GayeMac
GayeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Gaye, to the fiberglass community. Have you seen either trailer? Parkliner is close to you but so are some Escapes. contact the factory and Escape can put you in touch with someone nearby for a viewing....
Old 03-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Escape is a reasonably priced trailer (in my opinion) for what you get. The factory support is excellent, and there's a big helpful and growing owners faction with the forum.

Parkliner makes a nice looking rig - I've gathered it's also well made from the fiberglass forum ( http://www.fiberglassrv.com/ ) but the company also seems to a bit cyclic (as in and out of business.) I would investigate them further since they're a lot closer than British Columbia - which could also be a fine vacation trip!

Either way, once you own the rig all the innards are covered by the manufacturers of the pieces implanted. Only thing covered by the makers are the trailer itself.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
If superb customer service and quick response are important to you (they are to us), then in my humble opinion Escape is the way to go.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have toured several Parkliner trailers and were very inpressed with their innovative use of space. Either brand of trailer will serve you well . Go make memories !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:26 AM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Maybe Frank from NY will chime in, he currently has a Parkliner and is planning on going to an Escape last I knew.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:47 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeMac View Post
Have been following this forum for the last three months and really like the helpful threads from the Owners. Have narrowed the choices to Escape or Parkliner. Still researching before make the final leap, so joined to network easier. Thanks for all the info and comments which provide lots of food for thought.

GayeMac
Hi: GayeMac... Welcome to our biased forum. I believe Parkliners are only built in one length, where as Escapes are built in four. Depending on your tow vehicle you have choices within the Escape family. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040750.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeMac View Post

GayeMac
With all due respect to Park Liner, it is barely in the same class as Escape as a manufacturer and product.
Yes it is a FG trailer, but most of the items one needs r options and even then limited. For ex.
at least on the latest model info available the refrig is only 1.9 cf and it is an option.
Also they r a very small company, which raises questions about their viability in a recession. I’ve owned one “orphan” trailer, a TrailManor and I want a product from a company that has a good chance of weathering an economically challenging time.
I guess if one wants a barebones FG trailer then it might suffice, but one can hardly compare it to an Escape in my opinion.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #9

Saw Escape 5.0TA

Have now seen an Escape in person thanks to StrawBarry in NC. Good chance to compare the Parkliner quality (2017) to 2015. Parkliner as maker is in transition with LittleGuy and updating their models to be double hulled. They are small company but growing. Changed their marketing to distributors nationwide so still in infancy with the updated model and marketing of product. .

Was impressed with the Escape quality and owner satisfaction with company, the quality and design he chose. The 5.0 is not for me so am on the search to see a 19 or 21 which I hope will be a closer match for needs.

Thanks for taking the time to weigh in. Really like the insulation used by Escape versus a double hull or nearly nothing.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #10

Thanks
Old 04-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm aware of at least a couple of 19's in NC, have you contact ETI for a list of owners near you?
Old 04-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #12

Next Step

Know of two 19s in NC and hope to contact owners this week. Will also check with ETI on other owners nearby. Thanks

Tags
research