Want to move up to an Escape 19 or 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
Member
 
splicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Trailer: 97 Casita SD 16 ft -
Posts: 30
Want to move up to an Escape 19 or 21

Hello,
We have a Casita 16 SD and would like to move up to an Escape some day. Saw my first Escape 19 last month at Huntington Beach State Park in SC and liked what I saw. I'll be researching.
All the best,
David
__________________

splicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 ordered
Posts: 203
Hey, we are in the same boat. Theres so much we don't know and so many decisions to make. The forum answers a lot of questions but also raises so many more. Bit overwhelming.
__________________

Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #3
Member
 
splicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Trailer: 97 Casita SD 16 ft -
Posts: 30
Yes I know. Lots of good information here. You are a whole lot closer to Chilliwack than I am. There was one for sale up the road from you. Happy hunting.
splicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,892
yup when i first started on this site it was overwhelming i ended up buying used because i was so unsure of what i wanted. I do not regret buying used because these trailers really hold their value- so all is good. I'm now moving up to a 5th wheel -5.0 and still have questions but i mostly know what i what. Remember if buying new once you decide which model you want and order you don't have to give them the details -build sheet form- many months- so you have some time to make these decisions.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Area 51, New Mexico
Trailer: pondering.....
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Hello,
We have a Casita 16 SD and would like to move up to an Escape some day. Saw my first Escape 19 last month at Huntington Beach State Park in SC and liked what I saw. I'll be researching.
All the best,
David
welcome to Escapes......19 is great!

just curious since you apparently own an older Casita and on another current thread
Drain Holes
there is a post about "Casitas are notorious for floors going bad" ...did the floor in your 1997 Casita ever rot or go bad?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #6
Member
 
splicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Trailer: 97 Casita SD 16 ft -
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
yup when i first started on this site it was overwhelming i ended up buying used because i was so unsure of what i wanted. I do not regret buying used because these trailers really hold their value- so all is good. I'm now moving up to a 5th wheel -5.0 and still have questions but i mostly know what i what. Remember if buying new once you decide which model you want and order you don't have to give them the details -build sheet form- many months- so you have some time to make these decisions.
Fox hunt, thanks for the reply and advice. If I find one with the options I want, I may buy used also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
welcome to Escapes......19 is great!

just curious since you apparently own an older Casita and on another current thread
Drain Holes
there is a post about "Casitas are notorious for floors going bad" ...did the floor in your 1997 Casita ever rot or go bad?
Freespirit, my floor is fine and there are no drain holes. That was an interesting thread, thanks for sharing.
splicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: 2017-21' Escape, Casita 17' (sold)
Posts: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Hey, we are in the same boat. Theres so much we don't know and so many decisions to make. The forum answers a lot of questions but also raises so many more. Bit overwhelming.
We used to own a Casita 17'

A few things to consider about the escape 19 vs 21

As far as I know:

The 21 is not a ton more $ than the 19'

The 21 is wider by 4" but the different layout and the wider inside "aisle" make the 21 feel a lot more spacious inside, to some people.

The different layouts of 19 vs 21 is hotly debated here.

I myself much prefer the dinette being at the rear, as at most of the campsites we have ever been to the scenery is in that direction. (Out the rear)

Some people really don't like the permanent bed being near the door on a 21' .... but i don't mind it at all.

The bathroom significantly blocks the outside & exterior door from the bed area.

I hope this helps you and also the original poster on this thread.

:-)

John.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21. Tow vehicle: 2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platunum.
Posts: 351
View an Escape in your area

Remember that if you don't live near Chilliwack and want to view one or more models the Escape staff will put you in touch with the owners nearest to you. Just phone the ETI factory to get the contact information. As a bonus you get to meet the owners and ask them about which options they have found to be the most useful, and you get to see any mods they have made.
__________________
Brent and Cheryl.
Catchlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 ordered
Posts: 203
I viewed a 19 nearby and was hoping to hate it but the opposite happened. The narrow profile makes it a good fit for us along with the new awning being without the supports. Also need the cot for the kids.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:59 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
I viewed a 19 nearby and was hoping to hate it but the opposite happened.
Yah, me too. I went out to ETI to buy a 17 and made the mistake of looking at the 19 even though I knew I was buying a 17.

Ron
__________________

Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.