Way down south... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 11:29 PM   #1

Trailer: In the market
Way down south...

Howdy

I'm about as far from the Escape factory as you can get

Been looking at travel trailers and Class C's for about 2 years. The common thread among all of them has been a fiberglass body. Looked at a few Casitas, but none of the floor plans pass the wife's muster. She does approve of the Escape 19 and the Oliver 23. Good luck finding an Oliver and at a price I can afford Looked at some Born Free's, but not too sure I want another vehicle to maintain. I currently have a great TV, a 2013 Ford E-350.

Really want to get something before the summer vacation season, but the lead times on anything I'm looking at is a few months at best, so now looking for a nice used TT. In the two years I've been looking I've never seen an Escape for sale here in Florida. If we still don't have anything by late summer, we will likely order an Escape. That's going to be soooooome road trip.

Mike
Tampa, FL
subagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by subagon View Post
Howdy
That's going to be soooooome road trip.

Mike
Tampa, FL
Yeah, but it's fun. Trust me.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:23 AM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Welcome Mike in Tampa. I think there's someone else in your neck of the woods with an Escape trailer. I vaguely remember seeing that in someone's signature. There might be others as well that you could view at some point. Plus, the company can supply names/numbers if you ask.

I just recently joined this forum and have learned a lot. My dad suggested I look into Scamps (their factory is near where he lives), which lead me to finding out about Escapes and other brands. For me, I really like how the bed is full length, since I'm tall. I hate having my feet hang over the bed. I also like how the company will do lots of customizing to your trailer. I've already picked out about $7000 worth of options/customizations.

And yeah, long road trip back and forth, but it sure would be fun, if you can take the time for it.

Good luck deciding what you want.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:26 AM   #4

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by subagon View Post
I'm about as far from the Escape factory as you can get
Forgot to say in my previous post - there's a fellow in The Netherlands that purchased an Escape - quite an interesting thread on the journey from Canada to his home. And in one thread I found reference to two that were sold and shipped to England.

So, yeah, your road trip won't be quite that long!

Old 05-27-2015, 01:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome, Mike! 19's come up once in a while but no telling when or where. if you wanted one, you would have to be ready to get it immediately before someone else did. There are only a few Escapes in Florida but someone from your region will probably let you know that you can see theirs. If you do not hear from an owner shortly, Escape will tell you some names. Perhaps you would like a 21' instead but they are newer and less likely to come up.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Welcome Mike. I second the suggestion to check out other Escape models as well, like the 21. It would be a huge stroke of luck to find a used Escape in Florida, but there are owners who would be happy to show you their trailer. Call Tammy at Escape (next week though -- they are currently at the Escape Rally in Osoyoos BC) and she can refer you to owners in your area.

I know you want one soon. So did we. But, once we saw the difference in how they were built, and how they were backed, we knew that only an Escape would do. So, we ordered new and waited. The trip to Canada was epic, and we loved every minute of it. If you can find a used one then great, otherwise you have the opportunity to build a truly customized trailer that will meet you and your wife's needs for many years to come.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Just to show you how far people will go to buy a used Escape - we showed ours to someone from Florida while they were visiting family in the Carolina's. A 19' came available in Southern California & they jumped on it. As has been said in the past, you need to be ready to pull the trigger when one becomes available. It's not unusual to see Escapes sell on the same day that they are listed on this forum. Good luck! And I second what others have said, if you can buy new & pick up at the factory - go for it. Not often in life when you can get a one of a kind "anything."
Old 05-27-2015, 12:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
(snip) And I second what others have said, if you can buy new & pick up at the factory - go for it. Not often in life when you can get a one of a kind "anything."
That's one of the biggest appeals to me about the Escapes (other than the full length queen bed). We've been looking at stick builts for many months, but they all drove us nuts with their dark brown, crappy leather interiors. Wasn't too thrilled with the few that had fabric interiors.

THEN I discovered that I can pick MY own fabric, flooring and countertop colors on the Escapes!!! WooHoo!!!!

Eventually I'm going to research custom vinyl markings for the outside of the trailer!

Yep, truly a one-of-a-kind that we plan to keep for many, many years. Kept the Isuzu Trooper for 21 years. Tacoma is 15 years old. Yep, gonna keep the trailer for many years (once it's ordered, of course).
Old 05-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #9

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
Welcome. It's always nice to see another Floridian interested in an Escape. I know that there are at least three 21s up here in the Panhandle, and the one in Tallahassee, as well as ours here in Pensacola, are on the ETI list of people who are willing to show them to prospective buyers. Yes, it's a long way to Chilliwack, but we took our time and really enjoyed the trip - we visited many of the great national and state parks on our slow, meandering, trip back to Florida. Of course, we are retired and a long trip might not be an option with you.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
THEN I discovered that I can pick MY own fabric, flooring and countertop colors on the Escapes!!! WooHoo!!!!

Eventually I'm going to research custom vinyl markings for the outside of the trailer!

You're starting to sound like DonnaD.
(That IS a good thing!)
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:47 PM   #11

Trailer: In the market
I'll be calling Tammy at Escape next week to see if they're any 19's in my area. I'm taking off on a vacation in about 4 weeks, so I also need to keep a lookout at the campgrounds.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:02 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Hey we haven't heard from DonnaD in a long time! Where is she? ....... out having fun and not telling us
Old 05-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Hey we haven't heard from DonnaD in a long time! Where is she? ....... out having fun and not telling us
Her name's on the potluck list for the Escape Rally, so she might be on the road now. So she'll be telling us about the fun soon enough. And photos. lots of photos.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote