We just ordered!!! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by moments View Post
We also placed our order for a 21 yesterday for July 2014 completion date. I'm sure we also will have questions as will complete the build sheet. We live near Erie, Pennsylvania.
Be sure and place yourself on the map, welcome to Pennsylvania Escapees
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...bed&dg=feature

Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Quote:
Originally Posted by tash View Post
I would love the built in vacuum! I am an OCD vacuumer!

And just so we wouldn't get bored during the wait, we purchased a new tow vehicle today! The completion date can't get here soon enough! Now we need to be patient and not spend any more money...
Hi Tash,
What did you buy to tow your 21?

paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21'
Hello Moments.

Welcome to Escape. We live somewhat close in NJ and are awaiting a July Completion on our 21. When are you done and let's talk about combining delivery, there is another unit headed for maryland in July as well....PM me with info and we can talk
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Hi Tash,
What did you buy to tow your 21?
We bought a Dodge Ram 1500--just picked it up today!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
New Escape in Future?

Going to view a Escape this morning. Surprised to see how long it takes to get one. We will have to see if it is worth the wait.
Looking for answers to delivery experiences and what we can expect in price negotiaion.

Any help will be appreciated.
Paul and Marsha
Gainesville GA
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #26
Site Team

There is no price negotiation with new from the factory. There maybe some buying used. The long wait is due to the high demand, I hear it takes up to 9-12 months to order a new Harley Davidson and you # in the queue is often sold. You put your name on the Escape calendar after you make up your mind and then the fun begins as you customize it the way you want.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Paul and Marsha, welcome to the EscapeForum! Regarding Escape vs some other brand.. pay attention to the details and where the manufacturer is putting the money. Stick builts look good at first blush and may have lots of bling. If you spend enough time looking at a few, you'll notice the cheesy build. I have a 26 year old Scamp and it's still going strong. I expect to pass my Escape 5er down to my granddaughter as I know it will have "staying power."

Good luck in your hunt!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #28
Site Team

Paul and Marsha,
Welcome to our little Escape world, one of the things Escape Industries will do, since they have no show rooms nor dealers is put you in touch with someone in your area who may have an Escape. You can also look here on the Escape Owner's Map https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...bed&dg=feature
although not all owners are shown.
Escape works on a referral system, once you own yours, you can show it to others and if they end up buying, you will get a referral fee. I have received 6 referral fees for this year alone, and I have been contacted by others to look at my new unit next year already. These referral fees are similar to a "discount" from the factory, if you wish to call it that. So the more you camp and let others see your Escape, the more discount you will receive.
Just remember to become aware of the best customer service you will ever receive on a new product, that is what Escape offers and you can plan and make changes to the trailer to make it just the way you want it, a custom built trailer for you.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Going to view a Escape this morning. Surprised to see how long it takes to get one. We will have to see if it is worth the wait.
Looking for answers to delivery experiences and what we can expect in price negotiaion.

Any help will be appreciated.
Paul and Marsha
Gainesville GA
Hi: PAB4... Every Escape is worth the wait!!! It takes about 3 weeks from start of mold to finished trailer. The custom work avail. and the fit and finish makes Escapes so desirable. The fact that they last and last is what makes them hold their value.
You always get what you pay for!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape 21
Only 239 days until completion for us! Not long now! And that means only 117 days until the final build list is due!

We are still so excited about placing an order! Contemplating build options and figuring out trip plans has been great fun! We are changing up our annual Colorado summer trip to include picking up our 21 in Chilliwack. It will be lots of new scenery!

tash is offline   Reply With Quote