We just ordered!!! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right area for the questions, but since i'm here i'll ask anyway. Can someone tell me which tv antenna they have the most luck with. There are two upgrades, one says has power amp, the other is a Jack, which i'd assume also has a power amp. I'm not sure what problems one or the other may cause with height differences on top of the tt.

Does anyone know where the surge protector is located. Is this something that can be added later? 260 for a surge protector seems steep to me. Must be something really nice.

Any comments on the 2 way water heater, I'm thinking this might be a good upgrade also, if used when 120 is available or if using a generator.

Which inverter would someone recommend, wouldn't the 1000 watt be big enough? How fast can someone drain a battery anyway? I would be thinking anything with over a 1000 watt draw while using the batteries would cause a very fast discharge.

I'm asking for myself, but these are the type of questions others may have because of the inexperience with TT's in general.

Thanks All!

Mike
The Jack antenna is an improvement over the winegard in that it is tunable for the best direction. It has 4 less and you rotate the top until most bars are on. You then turn on the tv, and the amplifies at the coaxial and tune the television. Other wise you have to turn the whole trailer to try and get better reception. The EMS is located next to the converter with the remote read out under the refer. See my build sheet, last set of pictures for the remote location. It can be assed later, if you wish, but the cost charged by Escape is cheaper.
It protects all the electronics in your trailer, the refer, the converter, the air conditioner from burn out from under voltage, from voltage spikes from lightning, from improper cg wiring issues.
I got solar so that I did not have to carry around a generator, I skipped the 120v water heater option. Besides you have to go outside and turn it on/off and if you forget it can cost you $.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape 21
Only 174 days to go! So that's one day short of 25 weeks until we pick up our Escape! Working on finalizing the build list and making travel plans.

Can it possibly get anymore exciting?!?!?!?!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #43

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by tash View Post
...Can it possibly get anymore exciting?!?!?!?!
Planning and waiting for your Escape are definitely exciting. Actually using and enjoying it after you take possession wins "hands down" for excitement.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The waiting and anticipation are a challenge. We ordered our 19' last May 13th. It is complete and waiting for us to have our orientation on May 2nd. Just short of one year. We definitely needed time to understand what we wanted and needed. If it weren't for this forum, we would have been disappointed with some of our choices. Escape offers so many options, but isn't always the greatest at telling you what you need. We ordered a microwave & inverter. Didn't learn that we needed a transfer switch to use it off battery until we saw the subject addressed here. It would be great to build an "alacarte" build list of all the popular options.