What do you do while you wait a year? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
I obsessed and immersed myself in fabric, Formica, and floor choices until I couldn't look at them anymore. Then I ignored them for awhile. And I'm spending as much time camping in my 12 year old Aliner as possible.
That's pretty much our situation too. I think we've settled on flooring and formica but fabric has too many choices. Paralyzed by a plethora of possibilities.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Love the alliteration!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #43

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
I think we've settled on flooring and formica but fabric has too many choices. Paralyzed by a plethora of possibilities.
Well, dang, Stephen, if I had known you were having problems I could have sent you all the swatches that I decided not to go with. Then you would have had even MORE to wade through.

Yeah, I had a lot of 'em.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Well, dang, Stephen, if I had known you were having problems I could have sent you all the swatches that I decided not to go with. Then you would have had even MORE to wade through.

Yeah, I had a lot of 'em.
Thanks, Laura but we have swatches up the wazoo already. Trying to settle on 2 or 3 to buy a yard each of and then make the final choice. Then I will get my sister to make throw pillows of the yard samples.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #45

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Thanks, Laura but we have swatches up the wazoo already. Trying to settle on 2 or 3 to buy a yard each of and then make the final choice. Then I will get my sister to make throw pillows of the yard samples.
Good luck!

I found it to be a *bit* easier to choose by comparing them against the flooring and formica samples I have (which we decided on before the fabric). Just a bit. A tiny bit.

Good idea on the throw pillows.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #46

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I went with factory upholstery, Formica and flooring. No stress at all.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I too found the stock factory floor and upholstery to be fine, but changed the trim from white to brown made a world of difference.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I think the stock flooring is just fine. Besides so little of it shows by time I've got rug runners and floor mats inside. It was one thing I decided I change later if I wished. Two years later, I'm still good with it.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
What is the brand of fabric used by Escape? Is the Sunbrella which so many people use a superior fabric? Is seems to be very expensive.

Vinyl floor. My understanding is that I can use a much higher quality vinyl if I use this option.

I only have 11 1/2 more months of waiting
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #50

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think the stock flooring is just fine. Besides so little of it shows by time I've got rug runners and floor mats inside. It was one thing I decided I change later if I wished. Two years later, I'm still good with it.
Donna,
Those peppercorn mats still working for you? If you look closely in post#18 you will see a new set on top of one of my bins.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #51
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Donna,
Those peppercorn mats still working for you? If you look closely in post#18 you will see a new set on top of one of my bins.
Yes Jim, they are. And I like them. Don't show dirt and that's what I like best.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Sunbrella is better than many fabrics as far as condensation. It is made for use outdoors to stand up to more than many fabrics.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
What is the brand of fabric used by Escape? Is the Sunbrella which so many people use a superior fabric?
I have the stock fabric and after three years it shows absolutely no wear or stains. But I'm a solo traveler with no kids or pets.

Edited: I believe others have reported that the stock fabric machine washes just fine. I spilled something on a cushion the first day I had the trailer and just hosed off the fabric and cushion in the bathtub and it turned out fine.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:48 PM   #54

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
We also just went with the stock Formica , flooring and cushion material . It is almost 3 years and there is no wear at all on cushion material , floors are covered anyway . Recently changed the t-moulding from the beige to black for a change .Lot's of nice choices forum members have chosen . Instead we just went with standard and used the saved money for something else .someday would like to do cushions to 6 in or comfort . Will see . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:30 AM   #55

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We went with the stock flooring, Formica and cushion material. I like the flooring and Formica, but think the cushion material is pretty ugly. But Teresa thinks she can pretty it up with cushions and such, so I'm good with that and it saved money for more important things.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Once you've handed in your build sheet... there's always Gin Rummy!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #57

Trailer: None as yet
I forgot about passports! Never needed them when I was in the service.
SSBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:49 AM   #58

@gbjepson

We looked at a 17' Casita Liberty and my wife wasn't impressed with the space available. The owner was 6'3" so I was very surprised he went with that.

We are looking at a Spirit Deluxe this coming Saturday but I don't hold out much hope that the configuration will have changed her viewpoint. We also have an Escape 19' on the agenda for Saturday.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #59

Trailer: 2016 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBN View Post
@gbjepson

We looked at a 17' Casita Liberty and my wife wasn't impressed with the space available. The owner was 6'3" so I was very surprised he went with that.

We are looking at a Spirit Deluxe this coming Saturday but I don't hold out much hope that the configuration will have changed her viewpoint. We also have an Escape 19' on the agenda for Saturday.
SSBN - we got our Casita many years ago at a time when one of us (ok me) wasn't sure if camping was for us. Thought we'd just start off small and if we liked it we could always upgrade later. Well, long story short, we have loved our little Casita. It's perfect for a weekend or long weekend getaway. Now that we're into retirement planning (although that's farther out than we'd like), we started to think about something a little bigger that would allow us to be more comfortable for extended periods of time. Let me know if you'd like me to send you pictures or answer any questions and good luck to you.

Oh, and one more thing . . . . your original question about the 1 year wait period? We did what most everyone else here has suggested regarding the builds, etc. Our new 5.0TA is due to begin building any time now and let me tell you, this has been the longest summer I can remember! The time flies, until it doesn't.
gbjepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:53 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjepson View Post
SSBN - we got our Casita many years ago at a time when one of us (ok me) wasn't sure if camping was for us. Thought we'd just start off small and if we liked it we could always upgrade later. Well, long story short, we have loved our little Casita. It's perfect for a weekend or long weekend getaway. Now that we're into retirement planning (although that's farther out than we'd like), we started to think about something a little bigger that would allow us to be more comfortable for extended periods of time. Let me know if you'd like me to send you pictures or answer any questions and good luck to you.

Oh, and one more thing . . . . your original question about the 1 year wait period? We did what most everyone else here has suggested regarding the builds, etc. Our new 5.0TA is due to begin building any time now and let me tell you, this has been the longest summer I can remember! The time flies, until it doesn't.
My original question was only slightly facetious and I have enjoyed reading the "suggestions".

I want to retire within a year or so give or take a (very) few months. I am somewhat hesitant to lay out $10-20K for a temporary trailer that I might have problems selling.

Maybe we really should get "training wheels" to determine if we like it as much as we think we would.