What we're NOT getting. Any thoughts? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2015, 03:06 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury&Julie View Post
And thanks for the thoughts on the power cord. I had no idea. What you say makes sense.
I do not have removable cord . First time I pulled it out and found it was tangled I added some 1/8 panel on both sides under bed which makes a compartment it has never tangled since . will post pics tomorrow . Very simple like separate compartments . Especially keeping cord , water heater pump etc . In own separate compartment . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:14 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:

We’re NOT getting…

• Aluminum rims

We found that the steel rims started to rust after a year and a half on our 15B so for our 17B we ordered the aluminum rims.

sunrisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
The inverter makes sense IF you plan to use AC stuff when you boondock.

In such a case its handy to have more than one AC outlet, usually adding one at the rear, middle and front of the trailer. The automatic transfer switch powers them all. An exterior AC outlet comes in handy for us to power/charge our little Bose Speaker or a weather radio.

We like the Aluminum wheels and are very happy we got them. You'll be hard pressed to find them at the same price Escape charges if you decide to get some later. No rust either.

Nothing else on the list gives me pause, but then again, its all about how you camp- not someone else.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #14

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
I'm a more windows type of guy. From what I've read the Jack get more channels.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:31 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I do not have removable cord . First time I pulled it out and found it was tangled I added some 1/8 panel on both sides under bed which makes a compartment it has never tangled since . will post pics tomorrow . Very simple like separate compartments . Especially keeping cord , water heater pump etc . In own separate compartment . Pat
I did the exact same thing and have never had the cord tangle once. Great minds; huh, Pat?
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
As Jim B. mentions, having more 12v sources is helpful as practically all electronics, as Glenn mentions, are 12v and easily charged used 12v. Seems illogical to convert 12v to 120v to then convert back to 12v to recharge your computer.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #17

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B Sold 2016... 2016 Escape 19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
We found that the steel rims started to rust after a year and a half on our 15B so for our 17B we ordered the aluminum rims.
Yup... same here. Our 17B has steel which rusted... so our build sheet for the 19 includes 5 aluminum rims.
sallemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I use the exterior shower to rinse the stinky slinky with hot water. I got the 1500 watt inverter with transfer switch to all 120v outlets, but don't use it. Am glad to have it, however...one never knows when it might be needed. And we put in a lot of 12v outlets, including one outside next to the 120v outlet. While our trailer configurations are different, I wish I had more exterior access to storage in certain areas.
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #19

Trailer: '21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Yes! Inverter. Thanks! You can plug in computers, TV's, curling irons, coffee grinders, etc. if you have the inverter, right? With the solar it makes these kinds of things usable, right?
Actually, it is a chain of events that make the above 120 V accessories possible.

The big ( 1500 Watt ) inverter generates the 110 AC. But it relies on the batteries being able to provide up to 100+ Amps for a period of time. That is close to what it takes to start a car. So it is important to have a healthy set of batteries like the 6 V pair. Then, to put back those Amps you need a good solar system. 150 Watts is considered a minimum for the "sunny season". If you plan on camping in fall/winter and running those curling irons, then a second portable panel may become a necessity.

Like some others - we have chosen to rely on mostly 12 V appliances and skipped the curling irons ( and don't drink coffee, watch TV ). But I do have a nice portable 1000 Watt sine wave inverter - just in case.

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Hummm, not sure I can exist without my flat iron. May have to plan my routes around slipping into fast food restaurants with outlets in their washrooms!
Or, yeah, a hat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
If you plan on camping in fall/winter and running those curling irons, then a second portable panel may become a necessity. Alan

Tags
build sheet, final build sheet