Why should I purchase an Escape? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #61
Member
 
KarenB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tahoe City, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape, 19'
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Exterior: seamless (except for the necessary holes for mounting windows, vents, shroud for the AC, etc.

Interior: real hardwood cabinet doors, attention to detail, finished look. No rat fur on the walls, extra insulation available, thermal windows available, extremely customizable.

Company: none better. Reace and Tammy stand behind their product like no other. Too many stories to mention.

Reputation: at the top among the fiberglass community.

Resale value: extraordinarily high.

Looking back: BEST decision I've made in years. Not one regret.
No rat fur on the walls, love it Robert.....don't know how people deal with that....Karen
__________________

KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oak Harbor, Washington
Trailer: 2016 17B
Posts: 100
I decided this morning to do intensive research over the next week (I see from the posts that more responsible people often spend months doing their research), and allow myself a cool-down period, before placing an order for an Escape trailer. But when I read these posts, it makes me want to order one today! I will make sure I visit the factory first (which is just a two hour drive from where I live on Whidbey Island) before taking the plunge.
__________________

Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,933
Why delay the inevitable?
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #64
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post

No rat fur on the walls, love it Robert.....don't know how people deal with that....Karen
I happen to like the rat fur in my Scamp. It deadens sounds, it's mold/stain and moisture resistent and doesn't hold odors. IF there would have been an option of rat fur or vinyl in Ten Forward, I would have chosen the rat fur. Obviously YMMV
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oak Harbor, Washington
Trailer: 2016 17B
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Why delay the inevitable?
Jim, I had to laugh at your response, because that is exactly what I was thinking!
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
gabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Posts: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I happen to like the rat fur in my Scamp. It deadens sounds, it's mold/stain and moisture resistent and doesn't hold odors. IF there would have been an option of rat fur or vinyl in Ten Forward, I would have chosen the rat fur. Obviously YMMV
Rat fur is really an unfortunate name for that product , having previously had it we know it is nothing like a "rats fur" , and is exactly what you say repels and never smells - really a pretty comfortable wall covering in a trailer .
__________________
All things in life are easier to swallow with a good cup of tea .....
gabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:52 PM   #67
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,823
Well, rat fur is really a marine headliner. But there was a very kind, helpful guy who owned a Scamp on FiberglassRV. Pete Dumbleton was the best kind of guy. He actually owned and traveled with pet rats and he coined the term for the wallcovering. It just stuck. Pete has since passed away, but I like the term rat fur because it always reminds me of Pete and how much he contributed to the forum.

As is said, now you know the rest of the story...
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Charlie & Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sunapee, New Hampshire
Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 F250 Crewcab
Posts: 309
We put our deposit down, sight unseen after viewing the forum for a few days and "listening" to all the fabulous owners of Escapes on the forum. That was back in January. By listening to everyone and reading the threads we were able to get our build sheet in order. We are thrilled that we now have 81 days til we pick up our trailer and embark on the adventure of our lives!
If you are not in a hurry to get a trailer, you can research forever before deciding on a trailer to order. Escape trailers are premium and by the current wait list (some of which are almost 12 months out) of units being built, that should prove how good they are. If you know that you want a trailer you can put your deposit down and hold your place in line for build. You have lots of time to decide on all your options. Good luck!
__________________
Charlie & Lucy
--
"I can't complain... but sometimes I still do."
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #69
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,823
I waited seven loooong years for my custom ETI build. Don't wait as long as I did! Yes, you put down a $500 nonrefundable deposit, but I suppose if you change your mind you could even sell THAT and your place in line!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Oak Harbor, Washington
Trailer: 2016 17B
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
We put our deposit down, sight unseen after viewing the forum for a few days and "listening" to all the fabulous owners of Escapes on the forum. That was back in January. By listening to everyone and reading the threads we were able to get our build sheet in order. We are thrilled that we now have 81 days til we pick up our trailer and embark on the adventure of our lives!
If you are not in a hurry to get a trailer, you can research forever before deciding on a trailer to order. Escape trailers are premium and by the current wait list (some of which are almost 12 months out) of units being built, that should prove how good they are. If you know that you want a trailer you can put your deposit down and hold your place in line for build. You have lots of time to decide on all your options. Good luck!
Charlie and Lucy, your post makes me smile and tempts me...assuming they will take a credit card, to place my order tomorrow.
__________________

Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.