Why should I purchase an Escape? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2015, 11:41 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
The R-Pod, ditto what Brian B-P said about the curve front and rear. (snip) We looked at Escape 17 and 19, and the 19 provided the best set of features for us: queen bed, bathroom, dinette for 4, big enough inside while smaller than many on the outside. It came down to the best set of features for us.
Yes, I have noticed quite a bit of difference in the features in various rigs. So many options! Ack!

My main criteria is if the bed is long enough. The Jayco had a shorter queen bed and I got real tired of my feet hanging off the end all the time. It was ssssooo nice to get back to my regular bed when I got home! Sleeping sideways never seemed to work as I'd wake up later with my feet hanging off the end.

That's what I really like about the Escape - full size queen bed! YAY!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:46 PM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda View Post
2. The owners of the company (Reace and Tammy), as well as their employees, are wonderful to work with, they provide amazing service, and they stand behind their product!
3. Escapes hold their value; we have sold several and have been amazed at how well they hold their value.
If you are open to purchasing a Tundra, you might want to consider the 5.0TA as well.
I suggest that you view as many models of Escapes as you can and spend time inside, getting a feel for how you would use the space and figure out which model is best for you.
Good luck! This forum is a wealth of information and if you search around, you will find answers to most questions you may have.
Thanks for all the info, Linda.

I haven't taken the time to look for used Escapes - yet. But that does answer a question hubby had.

I've been very impressed with how quickly Hayley responds to my questions. She even found some photos of trailers with TVs installed, so I can get an idea of what they look like, since none of their display models have a TV installed.

I have been cruising this forum quite a bit and have learned quite a bit while doing so.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:51 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I watch television.. a LOT. I'm single and have FIVE TVs in my sticks 'n bricks home. TV is on anytime I'm awake. So... when it was time for my ETI custom built 5.0TA I had two interior walls reinforced. One in the dinette and one in the loft.

I also purchased the entire collection of DVDs for the Star Trek Second Generation series... all 120 of them. Did I tell you, I will have two DVD players in Ten Forward?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
5. Quality of the people who build it. Reace and Tammy are outstanding, and there are way too many examples of their superior customer service to go into here.
6. Reputation. In the fiberglass community, Escapes are considered
9. As a US buyer, the current exchange rate makes Escapes a better bargain.
Yep, already noticed the exchange rate advantage! One of the first things I checked out.

Well, for someone that just found out about the company less than 4 days ago, pass on some examples about the owners!

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAfraser View Post
Laura, I can't add anything to what has already been covered in this post, but, as the old saying goes about a picture being worth a 1000 words, viewing as Escape is worth even more. If you want to view a 21 prior to attending a rally, I live 10 to 15 minutes south of you, and I'm only 1 mile off I-5. Send me a PM if interested.
Tom
Thanks, Tom, I will!
Old 05-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #26
Site Team

Laura, there's a bunch of custom ETI trailers close to Seatac, Washington

Even I'm not THAT far from you. Put out an all call.. and folks will respond to show you their trailer. We're loud (and proud).
Old 05-14-2015, 12:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
We will be getting our Escape this Fall and we almost purchased a 2015 R-Pod. I liked the new floor plan with the kitchen in the rear and the slide out dinette. But, once we looked at an Escape we were sold! The quality was obviously better than our original choice. We like that we have options to customize the trailer--including fabric and where we want to add electrical plugs, etc.

Once you see them you'll know.
Yes, I like the same plan on the R-Pod, the 179 I think it is. But, their bed is shorter than a normal (house) bed. I thought I could get away with it by trimming down a regular size memory foam pillow so it's not quite as wide. You don't use it all anyway (least I don't).

I spent quite a bit of time the other night searching for upholstery with cats on it, but didn't find any. Alas! Did find some with horses, but I'd prefer to decorate mine with a cat theme.

You can add plugs where you want them? I didn't know that. Wonderful! I'll have to remember that.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
You are close enough to the factory in Chilliwack to go see which bathroom might suit you.
We've already talked about taking a long weekend road trip up there and zip through Vancouver at the same time.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I watch television.. a LOT. I'm single and have FIVE TVs in my sticks 'n bricks home. TV is on anytime I'm awake. So... when it was time for my ETI custom built 5.0TA I had two interior walls reinforced. One in the dinette and one in the loft.

I also purchased the entire collection of DVDs for the Star Trek Second Generation series... all 120 of them. Did I tell you, I will have two DVD players in Ten Forward?
Someone else admitting to watching lots of TV!

I have LOTS of DVDs, especially British shows (drama and mystery). Lots of DVDs of TV shows - not so much of movies (those I get from the library).

I took tons with me on the rental trip and worked my way through first season of Veronica Mars, Inspector Linley, parts of Cagney & Lacey, Winds of War and others. My excuse is that I can stamp while watching/listening to shows.

Ah, but do you have a region free DVD player? I do (as I have lots of British and Australian DVDs)!

I'm assuming you meant they reinforced the walls for you. Interesting they can do that. And they installed the TVs for you? Or at least the mounts?

And, lastly, what's "Ten Forward"?

Thanks for all the info!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:12 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Laura, there's a bunch of custom ETI trailers close to Seatac, Washington

Even I'm not THAT far from you. Put out an all call.. and folks will respond to show you their trailer. We're loud (and proud).
Thanks Donna! I've already had several folks write to me about that. YAY! I did see lots of markers for this neck of the woods on the Owner's Map.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:18 AM   #31

Thanks everyone for taking time to reply to my initial questions. I greatly appreciate it. As hubby says, my "must have" changes every time I get new info - about Escapes or any other company. I know seeing them in person will really make a difference and we plan to start doing that pretty soon.

Have to find a hotel to stay in for the rally. It's about 5 hours from here, depending on the border crossing. Maybe I'll meet some of you there.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:31 AM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Laura, we had ETI pre-wire two locations for TVs, one for the dinette and one for the bed. Even though we watch very little TV while camping, we've used both locations. We only carry one TV and one DVD player, but they're easily moved between the two locations.
Tom
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Thanks everyone for taking time to reply to my initial questions. I greatly appreciate it. As hubby says, my "must have" changes every time I get new info - about Escapes or any other company. I know seeing them in person will really make a difference and we plan to start doing that pretty soon.

Have to find a hotel to stay in for the rally. It's about 5 hours from here, depending on the border crossing. Maybe I'll meet some of you there.
Hi: NW Cat Owner... It would be possible to stay in the Nk'Mip campground. They have Yurts for rent and also some trailers on sites too. Here are some interior shots of our "Escape Hatch II" 5.0TA interior. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030665.jpg   P1030667.jpg   P1030670.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
As hubby says, my "must have" changes every time I get new info - about Escapes or any other company.]
Just remember that while good planning helps you get the build you need, that even with very few options, you will still be able to greatly enjoy your trailer. I guess I'm saying to make sure you keep the process fun, and don't sweat missing small details. We see that a fair bit here, where folks are sweating things, and just end up ordering every option to cover all bases. Not that it is a bad thing, just costs more money.

There will be well over 100 of us at the Rally, with lots of different approaches to how we prefer to camp. It is great to take in what everyone has to say, then take some time to sit back and decide what works best for you. See you there!!!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
If for any reason you don't make it to the rally and want to see a 19', you're more than welcome to see mine. It's less than a mile east of I5 near the Olympia airport. Just let me know ...
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Here are some interior shots of our "Escape Hatch II" 5.0TA interior. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hey Alf,

thanks for the photos. Love seeing the magnets on the stove cover/vent (whatever it's called). I have magnets all over my filing cabinets at home, although I've greatly whittled them down.

Laura (who keeps forgetting to add her name to her posts; guess I should set up a signature)
Old 05-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Laura,

A few links that might be useful to you both.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...rent-4975.html

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...list-4384.html

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ions-1752.html Older post
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Laura,

A few links that might be useful to you both.

(snip)
WOW! Several hours later I'm still reading through these links!

I never knew so many different options could be added. yeah, I've read through the list, but some of them didn't make much sense to me. And then the ones that aren't on the list! Holy Cow!

After I get through reading all the posts, I'll probably post asking about some of the options, if they weren't already explained in another post.

Holy Cow! Thanks for the links. I greatly appreciate it. Sounds like I really need to go to the rally and ask what options were added. And take photos (if that's allowed). Wow!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Holy Cow! Thanks for the links. I greatly appreciate it. Sounds like I really need to go to the rally and ask what options were added. And take photos (if that's allowed). Wow!
You may want to check with EDarby (Ellen), she's flying from Ohio into Spokane, renting a car and staying in a close motel to the Rally (she could tell you which one). Seems like attending would be a great idea for you too. And of course you can take photos!
Old 05-14-2015, 04:45 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Another reason for purchasing an Escape; I just got another cheque in the mail from ETI as a referral bonus for showing our Escape to a new owner before they made their purchase. Only 173 more referrals and I will have my Escape for free.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote